HomeStars  >  Home Inspection in Vaughan  >  Carson Dunlop & Associates - Home Inspection

Reviews for Carson Dunlop & Associates - Home Inspection

Noname in Old Toronto
Noname in Old Toronto

Worth Every Penny

Amazing service, very thorough and took the time to educate. Highly recommend their services, i included the thermal option.
This was my first ever inspection and the entire process from beginning to end was seemless. Carson Dunlop process was simple, and Greg who was my inspector was amazing.

Anh in Toronto
Anh in Toronto

Great service!

I am a first-time home buyer and have no experience. The agent at Carson was very helpful in setting up the appointment and Milo, our engineer (inspector) was very knowledgeable, patient, and easy to work with. I would fully recommend this company for inspections.

Steve from San Antonio
Steve from San Antonio

Home Inspection

I found Greg to be very professional and personable. He put my mind at ease about the whole process and was able to answer any question I asked or help me by explaining the ways to rectify any item he found that needed further action.Would not hesitate to recommend or use Carson Dunlop again.

Maryanne in Winnipeg
Maryanne in Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Condo Inspection

We are from out of town and the inspection was arranged on very short notice for a Saturday morning. Inspector showed us around the mechanical aspects of the condo. He did a very good job of explaining the various shut off valves, dryer vents (who knew that there would be 2!), the heat pump and electrical Lutron system. Each appliance was tested and registered to track for any recalls. Very efficient and professional. Thank you!

Grant K in Old Toronto
Grant K in Old Toronto

Fantastic Home Inspection!

I have been so impressed with Jim Gibson at Carson Dunlop that I have now used him twice. Both times, my agents have remarked at how good he is compared to the inspectors they normally use. He is incredibly thorough and very thoughtful in his approach. As a result, I have recommended him to a number of my friends and would encourage anyone to take advantage of his expertise.

CR in Old Toronto
CR in Old Toronto

Pre-sales inspection Horror

We used Carson Dunlop for our pre-sales home inspection. The inspector, Gordon Mathieu, arrived on time and was very pleasant. He spent roughly an hour performing his 'inspection' which was mostly taking photos, and indicated there was nothing, aside from one cosmetic issue, he could find on our fairly new house.
The report he sent us later, however, told a different story: he made the cosmetic issue appear very prominent; he identified issues with the house (sloping, handrails, sump-pump) that were all done to very exacting Toronto building code. We were very disappointed as we expected an inspector to at least know the code. After reading the report a few times, it became clear to me that the report was meant to be marketing for Carson Dunlop other construction and maintenance services, not a representation of the house the way it is.

Their premium price - which was a waste of money - made the sting even worse.

DO NOT USE THE SERVICES OF THIS COMPANY.

Sarah U.
Sarah U.

Carson & Dunlop Home Inspections

I use Lee Reich from Carson & Dunlop for all of my clients' home inspections whether they are selling or buying. They are the most trusted name in the industry. I wouldn't turn to anyone else.

doc in Toronto
doc in Toronto

Worst inspection waste of money

We hired Carson Dunlop to inspect a 3M dollar home we purchase in Toronto, we also paid extra for the infrared camera which is supposed to detect moisture or leaks. Waste of money. As the inspection did not detect any leaks and a week later it was raining in or living room. Either the inspector is incompetent which i believe he is as he never followed up on my calls.
They say they are available as long as you own your home. but that is bull. They missed major flaws in the tile work in our master bath ,
Would never reccomend this company to anyone.

Hi Doc,
We’re sorry to hear your experience. Unfortunately, we have no record of performing an inspection for someone under the name ‘Doc’. We would be happy to discuss your inspection further and invite you to share your feedback with us so that we can further improve our services. You can reach us at 416-964-9415.

Regards,
Customer Service at Carson Dunlop

jasmin
jasmin

inspection

I am going back to 2003 when I had Carson Dunlop do an inspection.
The engineer who did the inspection was very thorough. He explained everything in great details. I then had issues with my basement and I asked for help and Sheila came to do the inspection. This woman climbed al over the place, provided excellent advise and refused to charge. Talk about exceptional service. I then had to go to another inspector recommended by my agent. Unfortunately I could not get Sheilla as she had moved. I regret to this day that I did not use Carson Dunlop and took advise from my real estate agent. One week latter after having bought the house there was a flood and the tiles were placed to hide the mold.
This inspector did not even lift the tiles to check the mold. In future I would not use anybody but Carson Dunlop

More about Carson Dunlop & Associates - Home Inspection

Carson Dunlop is a leading consulting engineering company that has been completely dedicated to the home inspection profession since 1978. We wrote the book on home inspection and are committed to delivering exceptional customer service, one client at a time.

We understand that a great home inspection is just the beginning, so we created our not-for-profit Homeowners Association. Carson Dunlop clients are automatically enrolled in the Association FREE of charge and receive the following benefits:

• FREE technical advice for as long as you own your home

• Accessible and up to date resources on maintaining, repairing and renovating your home

• Access to group savings on a variety of home related products like home insurance and a Home Protection Plan, our
warranty

• Ongoing partnerships and programs to help you protect your investment, and maximize the comfort, efficiency and durability of your home

Home Inspection
Home Inspections. ecoENERGY Retrofit - Homes Program home energy evaluations. Commercial property inspections. Continuing Education for real estate agents - 11 RECO approved courses. Inspection report writing systems - The Home Reference Book and Home Inspection Report Writing Software Education programs for prospective home inspectors - The Home Study System and programs through Ontario Collelges, Ontario Learn and Private Career Colleges across Canada. Technical articles and publications.
For Home Buyers: -Home Inspection on re-sale homes -Home Inspection for newly constructed homes -Condominium Inspection -Onsite Review Inspection: to assist buyers when a sellers inspection was done -Pre-Offer Inspection For Home Sellers: Home Sellers Inspection Existing Home Owners: General Home Owner Inspection Specialty Services: These services compliment our home inspections, targeting potential areas of concern which fall outside of the scope of a regular home inspection.
Carson Dunlop & Associates Ltd. Carson Dunlop Weldon.
Not applicable
Home Inspections for Buyers, Sellers and Existing Homeowners that include: -Home Inspection on re-sale homes -Home Inspection for newly constructed homes -Condominium Inspection -Onsite Review Inspection: to assist buyers when a sellers inspection was done -Pre-Offer Inspection -Home Sellers Inspection -General Home Owner Inspection - Specialty Services: These services compliment our home inspections, targeting potential areas of concern which fall outside of the scope of a regular home inspection.
1978
Major Credit Cards - VISA or MasterCard or Certified Cheque or Money Order
Registered Home Inspectors, National Certificate Holders, Professional Engineers, Consulting Enginee
OAHI, CAHPI, ASHI, NRCan Licensed ecoENERGY Service Organization
We are an accredited Private Career College in the Province of Ontario
Not applicable
PROJECT RATE
Our prices are typically based on the age and size of the home. Our services provide great value for