Carson Dunlop & Associates - Home Inspection

Reviews for Carson Dunlop & Associates - Home Inspection

Private User reviews , ON

Waste of Money - missed visible structural flaws

Don't be fooled by the pretty pictures. They do a great job of creating a beautiful pdf report but the home inspector completely missed that the house had a slant, structural issues that a home inspector with knowledge could tell from cracks in the tiles. we would not have paid the price for the home or even bought it if the inspector indicated these issues. I have contacted the inspector and Carson Dunlop and have not heard back. I don't expect to. I expect a fake generic customer service comment hear claiming i have never ordered a home inspection from them.

Judy  in Old Toronto
Judy in Old Toronto

Condo Inspection

Scott was amazing. He went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I (first time condo buyers) understood proper maintenance and preventative care for our whole unit. Thank you Scott!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

HOME INSPECTION

It was a great experience and learning curve as I followed through with the inspector.
The report was well structured and detailed to include cost range for some of the required replacement & repair works.
I also received a huge colourful Home Reference Book - an ecyclopedia for homes!

Aadil in Toronto
Aadil in Toronto

Home Inspection

September 2018 Gordon Mathieu conducted a home inspection of my new dwelling. He was punctual, professional, and very thorough. I shadowed him through the whole inspection and he took the time to explain in great detail all of his findings and made me aware and of all potential issues (present and future). He issued a report at the end of the inspection both electronic and a paper copy. It was extremely well put-together and included pictures and an explanation of possible solutions. I would recommend Gordon for your next home inspection.

NoAirDucts in Etobicoke
NoAirDucts in Etobicoke

Inspection of Older Condo - post-purchase

The expectations/limitations are explained up front and the inspection is thorough allowing for every property being different. An experienced, knowledgeable, and very personable inspector is probably the most critical element of the event - one with the ability to recognize and share information on real problems and those of a cosmetic nature. I have no doubt that Scott will help with advice or referrals if we have more questions along the road. Our recent inspection was another positive experience. We are repeat customers since 1989.

Great reliable service

Thorough and educated. Was able to address all my concerns and provide me with information that I can use to make a decision. I'm glad I chose and the home ownership bible is gold!

Kenners in Old Toronto
Kenners in Old Toronto

Home inspection

I'm a Broker, and have been in the industry for 15 years. I have trusted Carson Dunlop for numerous inspections personally and recommend them to use for my entire team.

Tara in Old Toronto
Tara in Old Toronto

Home inspection

Inspector was on time & went through everything with me. He was very thorough & politely answered all my questions. The report was sent on time but the recommendations were written in a way that you don’t know if they are more worried about their liability rather than their customer. Otherwise great service.

Noname in Old Toronto
Noname in Old Toronto

Worth Every Penny

Amazing service, very thorough and took the time to educate. Highly recommend their services, i included the thermal option.
This was my first ever inspection and the entire process from beginning to end was seemless. Carson Dunlop process was simple, and Greg who was my inspector was amazing.

Anh in Toronto
Anh in Toronto

Great service!

I am a first-time home buyer and have no experience. The agent at Carson was very helpful in setting up the appointment and Milo, our engineer (inspector) was very knowledgeable, patient, and easy to work with. I would fully recommend this company for inspections.

More about Carson Dunlop & Associates - Home Inspection

Carson Dunlop is a leading consulting engineering company that has been completely dedicated to the home inspection profession since 1978. We wrote the book on home inspection and are committed to delivering exceptional customer service, one client at a time.

We understand that a great home inspection is just the beginning, so we created our not-for-profit Homeowners Association. Carson Dunlop clients are automatically enrolled in the Association FREE of charge and receive the following benefits:

• FREE technical advice for as long as you own your home

• Accessible and up to date resources on maintaining, repairing and renovating your home

• Access to group savings on a variety of home related products like home insurance and a Home Protection Plan, our
warranty

• Ongoing partnerships and programs to help you protect your investment, and maximize the comfort, efficiency and durability of your home

Home Inspection
Home Inspections. ecoENERGY Retrofit - Homes Program home energy evaluations. Commercial property inspections. Continuing Education for real estate agents - 11 RECO approved courses. Inspection report writing systems - The Home Reference Book and Home Inspection Report Writing Software Education programs for prospective home inspectors - The Home Study System and programs through Ontario Collelges, Ontario Learn and Private Career Colleges across Canada. Technical articles and publications.
For Home Buyers: -Home Inspection on re-sale homes -Home Inspection for newly constructed homes -Condominium Inspection -Onsite Review Inspection: to assist buyers when a sellers inspection was done -Pre-Offer Inspection For Home Sellers: Home Sellers Inspection Existing Home Owners: General Home Owner Inspection Specialty Services: These services compliment our home inspections, targeting potential areas of concern which fall outside of the scope of a regular home inspection.
Carson Dunlop & Associates Ltd. Carson Dunlop Weldon.
Not applicable
Home Inspections for Buyers, Sellers and Existing Homeowners that include: -Home Inspection on re-sale homes -Home Inspection for newly constructed homes -Condominium Inspection -Onsite Review Inspection: to assist buyers when a sellers inspection was done -Pre-Offer Inspection -Home Sellers Inspection -General Home Owner Inspection - Specialty Services: These services compliment our home inspections, targeting potential areas of concern which fall outside of the scope of a regular home inspection.
1978
Major Credit Cards - VISA or MasterCard or Certified Cheque or Money Order
Registered Home Inspectors, National Certificate Holders, Professional Engineers, Consulting Enginee
OAHI, CAHPI, ASHI, NRCan Licensed ecoENERGY Service Organization
We are an accredited Private Career College in the Province of Ontario
Not applicable
PROJECT RATE
Our prices are typically based on the age and size of the home. Our services provide great value for