Carson Dunlop & Associates Home Inspection

Reviews for Carson Dunlop & Associates Home Inspection

Detail Oriented Inspection

Sheila was very thorough and professional. She talked us through the major inspection points and provided additional useful explanations verbally. The inspection included a recalls search of the serial numbers of the appliances and it caught a 6-year old fairly serious Health Canada safety recall on an appliance that the sellers were not aware of. They gave us a free copy of the Carson Dunlop home care reference book which has been very useful to us as new home owners. We are also now members of the Carson Dunlop "Home Owners Association" which comes with a number of other additional perks such as discounts on services like insurance, movers, junk removal etc.

Hi there!

Thank you for the great review! We are glad that you enjoyed you experience with Sheila, and we will pass on your compliments. Give us a call if you have any questions for as long as you own the property. Enjoy your new home!

Private User reviews , ON

Waste of Money - missed visible structural flaws

Don't be fooled by the pretty pictures. They do a great job of creating a beautiful pdf report but the home inspector completely missed that the house had a slant, structural issues that a home inspector with knowledge could tell from cracks in the tiles. we would not have paid the price for the home or even bought it if the inspector indicated these issues. I have contacted the inspector and Carson Dunlop and have not heard back. I don't expect to. I expect a fake generic customer service comment hear claiming i have never ordered a home inspection from them.

Hi there,

We are sorry that you had a negative experience with our team. We strive to provide the most comprehensive and accurate home inspections possible. We would love to discuss your case with you further and invite you to share your feedback with us. You can reach our customer service manager Samantha at 416-964-9415 ext 266 and she will be happy to further assist you.

Sincerely,
The Carson Dunlop Team

Judy  in Old Toronto
Judy in Old Toronto

Condo Inspection

Scott was amazing. He went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I (first time condo buyers) understood proper maintenance and preventative care for our whole unit. Thank you Scott!

Hi Judy,

We are glad that you enjoyed you experience with Scott, we will pass on your compliments. Remember, as a Carson Dunlop client, you are automatically enrolled in our Carson Dunlop Homeowners Association which provides you access to savings on a number of home related products and services. You can give us a call or take a look at the back of you report for more information.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

HOME INSPECTION

It was a great experience and learning curve as I followed through with the inspector.
The report was well structured and detailed to include cost range for some of the required replacement & repair works.
I also received a huge colourful Home Reference Book - an ecyclopedia for homes!

Thanks for the great review. Buying a home can be an intimidating process, we are glad that you learned from our inspector! Give us a call if you have any questions for as long as you own the property. Enjoy your new home!

Tyler in Toronto
Tyler in Toronto

Gord @ Carson Dunlop is the Best

I used Carson Dunlop four years ago for our first house. We went with Carson as we were told they all had engineering backgrounds. Gordon Mathieu walked me through the whole home, allowing me to shadow him. He was extremely informative, pointed everything out, explaining how things should work and what things would need maintenance and when. He was the best.

We just bought a new home and through the website I was able to request Gord specifically. Again he was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. He's also been available to answer questions we've had months after the inspection. Carson Dunlop is a little expensive, my wife likes to call it my "expensive date with Gord." But he is very thorough, detailed and knowledgeable. Well worth the price! (The price includes thermal imaging on top of the home inspection)

Hi Tyler,

We are glad that you enjoyed your "date" with Gord, we will pass on your compliments. Remember, as a Carson Dunlop client, you are automatically enrolled in our Carson Dunlop Homeowners Association which provides you access to savings on a number of home related products and services. You can give us a call or take a look at the back of you report for more information.

Eddy
Eddy

Home Inspection

September 2018 Gordon Mathieu conducted a home inspection of my new dwelling. He was punctual, professional, and very thorough. I shadowed him through the whole inspection and he took the time to explain in great detail all of his findings and made me aware and of all potential issues (present and future). He issued a report at the end of the inspection both electronic and a paper copy. It was extremely well put-together and included pictures and an explanation of possible solutions. I would recommend Gordon for your next home inspection.

Hi Eddy,

We are glad that you were pleased with your experience with Gordon, and we will pass on your comments. We’re also glad that your learned something from our inspector! Remember, as a Carson Dunlop client, you are automatically enrolled in our Carson Dunlop Homeowners Association which provides you access to savings on a number of home related products and services. You can give us a call or take a look at the back of your report for more information.

NoAirDucts in Etobicoke
NoAirDucts in Etobicoke

Inspection of Older Condo - post-purchase

The expectations/limitations are explained up front and the inspection is thorough allowing for every property being different. An experienced, knowledgeable, and very personable inspector is probably the most critical element of the event - one with the ability to recognize and share information on real problems and those of a cosmetic nature. I have no doubt that Scott will help with advice or referrals if we have more questions along the road. Our recent inspection was another positive experience. We are repeat customers since 1989.

Hi there!

Thanks for being such long time customers, and thanks for the great review! We look forward to working with you guys in the future!

Great reliable service

Carson Dunlop & Associates - Home Inspection
416-964-9415
120 Carlton St, Suite 407
Toronto
M5A 4K2

Thorough and educated. Was able to address all my concerns and provide me with information that I can use to make a decision. I'm glad I chose and the home ownership bible is gold!

Thanks for the great review, we’re glad that you enjoy the Home Ownership Bible! Give us a call if you have any questions for as long as you own the property. Enjoy your new home!

Kenners in Old Toronto
Kenners in Old Toronto

Home inspection

I'm a Broker, and have been in the industry for 15 years. I have trusted Carson Dunlop for numerous inspections personally and recommend them to use for my entire team.

Hi Kenners,

We’re glad you have enjoyed all your experiences with our team and keep coming back! We look forward to continuing to work with you in the future!

Tara in Old Toronto
Tara in Old Toronto

Home inspection

Inspector was on time & went through everything with me. He was very thorough & politely answered all my questions. The report was sent on time but the recommendations were written in a way that you don’t know if they are more worried about their liability rather than their customer. Otherwise great service.

Hi Tara,

We are glad you enjoyed your experience with Carson Dunlop. We always try and make our reports as transparent and understandable as possible. If you have any questions about your report, you can give us a call at 416-964-9415.

More about Carson Dunlop & Associates Home Inspection

Carson Dunlop is a leading consulting engineering company that has been completely dedicated to the home inspection profession since 1978. We wrote the book on home inspection and are committed to delivering exceptional customer service, one client at a time.

We understand that a great home inspection is just the beginning, so we created our not-for-profit Homeowners Association. Carson Dunlop clients are automatically enrolled in the Association FREE of charge and receive the following benefits:

• FREE technical advice for as long as you own your home

• Accessible and up to date resources on maintaining, repairing and renovating your home

• Access to group savings on a variety of home related products like home insurance and a Home Protection Plan, our
warranty

• Ongoing partnerships and programs to help you protect your investment, and maximize the comfort, efficiency and durability of your home

Home Inspection
Home Inspections. ecoENERGY Retrofit - Homes Program home energy evaluations. Commercial property inspections. Continuing Education for real estate agents - 11 RECO approved courses. Inspection report writing systems - The Home Reference Book and Home Inspection Report Writing Software Education programs for prospective home inspectors - The Home Study System and programs through Ontario Collelges, Ontario Learn and Private Career Colleges across Canada. Technical articles and publications.
For Home Buyers: -Home Inspection on re-sale homes -Home Inspection for newly constructed homes -Condominium Inspection -Onsite Review Inspection: to assist buyers when a sellers inspection was done -Pre-Offer Inspection For Home Sellers: Home Sellers Inspection Existing Home Owners: General Home Owner Inspection Specialty Services: These services compliment our home inspections, targeting potential areas of concern which fall outside of the scope of a regular home inspection.
Carson Dunlop & Associates Ltd. Carson Dunlop Weldon.
Not applicable
Home Inspections for Buyers, Sellers and Existing Homeowners that include: -Home Inspection on re-sale homes -Home Inspection for newly constructed homes -Condominium Inspection -Onsite Review Inspection: to assist buyers when a sellers inspection was done -Pre-Offer Inspection -Home Sellers Inspection -General Home Owner Inspection - Specialty Services: These services compliment our home inspections, targeting potential areas of concern which fall outside of the scope of a regular home inspection.
1978
Major Credit Cards - VISA or MasterCard or Certified Cheque or Money Order
Registered Home Inspectors, National Certificate Holders, Professional Engineers, Consulting Enginee
OAHI, CAHPI, ASHI, NRCan Licensed ecoENERGY Service Organization
We are an accredited Private Career College in the Province of Ontario
Not applicable
PROJECT RATE
Our prices are typically based on the age and size of the home. Our services provide great value for