Alarm Systems

Reviews for The Monitoring Center

SK in North York
SK in North York

The Monitoring Center

I have been a customer for over a year without incident. Recently when my alarm keypad showed a "failure to communicate" code, I called and asked for tech assistance. The tech insisted it was my telephone line. He insisted I had a VoIP line, which I do not. He insisted that it was a digital line. I KNOW I have a traditional home phone. He insisted this was a phone line issue. Several calls and hours spent with my phone company, including a half day off work to wait for them to come and test the line, it has been determined my phone line is fine. I then called the Monitoring Centre to test the alarm again (waited on hold for over 20 minutes) and again the whole cycle started all over again...it's a VoIP line (no it's not) blah, blah, blah. I have been two weeks without proper alarm service, still not working. I can't get no satisfaction, as the song goes. I cannot recommend this company....

We do apologise for any inconvenience ... I believe we spoke this morning and as you know we are setting up a free service call to investigate the issue. Please feel free to contact me again directly Sandi as I am very happy to assist in resolving this issue. Mirella, Sales Manager 1-866-247-4999 Ext 2235 or [email protected]

Mr. C.  in Oakville
Mr. C. in Oakville

A Practical and Affordable Alternative

I am renting a property that was already wired by another security service. I arranged for a large telco to provide monitoring at $24 per month. When they jacked it up to $30 per month, I said, "Enough already!" and replaced them with TMS. Painless switch over. I'm totally happy with the installation, much less in-your-face alarm tones and a great price.

Thank you for your positive comments ... welcome on board!!

Alex M in Oakville
Alex M in Oakville

Worth it

Been with TMC for 6+ years now. When we moved, we looked around at different companies and in they end they still offered the best solution with an affordable price. They were able to accommodate an installation time that worked out, the technician was friendly and very knowledgeable (went above and beyond to ensure the GSM module was set up somewhere out of the way but still with full signal), and we were up and running in no time.
He also took the time to test everything and provide a walk through of how the alarm pad works as it was a different model than what we were used to.
Finally the staff have all been courteous and friendly. Thanks TMC!

You are most welcome Alex ... Thank YOU for your patronage and kind review. We look forward to continue servicing your security needs.

Rich in Toronto
Rich in Toronto

Alarm Install

For 28 years I was a customer of ADT's security system monitoring service. I was paying them $32.99 per month or $396 per year. In 28 years ADT only showed up one day, to install the system. After that you will get no customer service. They have no problem raising the rates every 6 months. If you call and complain they will say "so sorry" and reduce your rate for a few months but not fix anything.

One day I finally decided to email The Monitoring Center because my phone line was $60/Month. ADT wanted to install a complete new system to change to another interface. $1100 and $45/month. TMC offered many different interface options. Internet, Wifi, GSM or both.

TMC showed up when they said they would and installed everything in a little over an hour. A little quick training and he was done. The installer was very flexible in customizing the install after he reviewed the previous system. Cleaned up any mess he made and my wife was very happy.

We now get notifications when the system is armed and disarmed. We can arm the system from our phone if we forget to on the way out. Way better than the ADT system.

The system cost $9.99( base) + $5(GSM) + $2(APP) = $17/month. Right at half what ADT charged for 28 years for nothing close. Happy with the choice so far.

When ADT called because the cat jumped in front of the motion sensor, the phone said "Unknown Caller, unknown number" Who answers a call at work from an Unknown caller. Stupid! It better say "Alarm company"
TMC will also send text saying motion sensor living room.

I kick myself whenever I think of all that wasted money paid to ADT for all those years and I STRONGLY recommend anyone who is using ADT to consider switching to TMC.

Wow Rich ... thank you so very much for taking the time to post this detailed review. We appreciate your business and look forward to servicing your security needs moving forward. Welcome on board!!!!

Pibra in Oakville
Pibra in Oakville

Security System Installation

After shopping around, I decided that I wanted to get a security system that I owned, not just rented or paid high costs monthly to offset. Reaching out to The Monitoring Center was a great option, I was given all the information in a clear email, with their prices laid out for me. After confirming what I wanted, I received a call to schedule an appointment and they were able to accommodate my schedule.
Technician was incredibly patient, professional and was able to finish his work quickly. I highly recommend TMC to anyone that is shopping for security systems and wants peace of mind.

We thank you so much for your positive feedback Pibra and look forward to servicing your security needs moving forward ... we appreciate your business!!

TT in Mission
TT in Mission
1 review Mission, BC

Home alarm monitoring

Easy switch over from more expensive alarm monitoring company. Much cheaper and uses your old equipment. Service guy friendly and informative. Make the switch. Don't wait. Cost went from almost $30 per month down to $10 with The Monitoring Center.

Welcome on board the $9.99 experience!!!!

Barry in Scarborough
Barry in Scarborough

Security System Monitoring

I was with another monitoring company, which is supposed to be an expert in the security monitoring business, but when my alarm went off in the middle of the night, I did not even receive a call from them, and this after years of paying over $40 a month for monitoring. I contacted The Monitoring Center and in an hour and a half I was switched over to their system using my existing equipment, they fixed the problem that caused the alarm to go off initially, and gave me 6 months free monitoring after which I only pay $9.99 per month, less than a quarter of what I was paying my previous monitoring company. If you're with any of the other big companies, switch over to a company that is responsive, experienced and reasonable with their rates! I highly recommend The Monitoring Center!

Thank you so much for your positive review ... we appreciate your business Barry.

Amin Jiwa from Whitby
Amin Jiwa from Whitby
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Alarm Systems takeover and upgrade

Amazing company, amazing service, amazing price. Really happy with my experience with the Monitoring Center. The scheduling system was amazing and they were really accommodating Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a new provider.

Thank you for your positive review Amin ... we look forward to servicing your security needs for many years to come. We appreciate your business!!

The Monitoring Center

I was looking to disconnect my home phone line and only use my cell phone. My current monitoring company wanted to charge me more that I felt it was worth. I heard an ad for The Monitoring Center on the radio and decided to call them. They were so friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. I sent them pictures of my current system and they sent a technician out to add a GSM to my system. I was able to save $20 per month from what the other company wanted to charge me.

Welcome to The Monitoring Center ... We appreciate your business!!

Zeropulser in Hamilton
Zeropulser in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Commercial Installation

Best bang for your buck you can get. They are monitoring our entire warehouse for $10 a month + $10 for GSM monitoring. This is the best deal going on. Our old service was charging us over $70. Big savings.

Thank you!!!

More about The Monitoring Center

Welcome to The Monitoring Center. We offer Affordable . . . Dependable . . . Full Service Alarm Monitoring 24/ 7 for ONLY $9. 99/ mo . . . 6 Month FREE Sign Up Bonus. ULC Listed and CSAA 5 Diamond Rated Alarm Monitoring Facility.