Toolbox Appliance Repair

Reviews for Toolbox Appliance Repair

Robsopinion
Robsopinion

Kitchen range service

Great job done. Less than 5 hours from contact to completion. I would highly Recommend.

Washer repair

I would highly recommend the technician Jerry. He was thorough in explaining the situation and did a fantastic job. I would definitely use his services again.

Norman
Norman

Refrigerator Repair

I would highly recommend their company to family and friends. It was completed very quickly and thoroughly. Jerry was nice and friendly.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Great work, customer service not so much

Had a technician come in and install my dishwasher. He did a great job with the install and it's clear that he knew what he was doing. In terms of that, I'm happy that I went with Toolbox Appliance Repair.

I likely would not recommend the guy I worked with today as he was patronizing when I asked questions. It was confusing because he seemed friendly at times but he seemed to get impatient very quickly as well. He was patronizing when I asked if I could mop up some of the water left over from the install so I could ensure there were no leaks. I'm sure he was so confident in his work that he certain there would be no issues but I just wanted to make sure.

He commented on how I was a funny guy after trying to inspect the water lines and then when I opened the dishwasher mid cycle, he asked if I "have ever used a dishwasher before". This along with a few other off hand comments would make it hard for me to recommend him to others.

Microwave repair

Great tech, Jerry, very nice and explained the situation, can up with options and was clean and neat with his work. Would recommend and use again.

Fridge repair

Same day fix my fridge very skilled technician.
Thanks again.

Laura
Laura
1 review New Tecumseth, ON

Oven Repair

Quick and honest service. Oven was fixed the same day as the call. Very happy with repair. Will definately use this service again.

Washer machine repair

The washing machine did not work properly, leaving water in the tub and not being able to get the water out. I called to coordinate with this company and they arrived on the same day that we had set. After a few hours, a technician came and checked the machine and heard how it worked. He immediately discovered the problem and gave me an offer to repair or replace the pump. Of course I replaced it with a new one. The offer was worth it and the technician's professionalism was good. Thank you for the repair. I will definitely call again for the repair.

Hyung Ju in Stittsville
Hyung Ju in Stittsville

Refrigerator Repair

I would NEVER EVER recommend this company to anyone.

We have called them for a refrigerator repair, they told us they need to charge $100 just to take a look at the refrigerator. The guy seemed to be doing something behind the fridge and told us he need to come back tomorrow to fix whatever is wrong.

So, we paid $100 for the first day's service of a guy staring at the fridge + $70 for a guy to come back and tell us that we need to get a new refrigerator.

Seriously? you couldn't just say that in the first day and charge us $100 instead of extra $70? I wouldn't be surprised if they came back for 3 extra days and charged us an extra $210.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS "COMPANY" TO ANYONE. Be careful.

Csaba
Csaba

Fridge Repair

*This company claims to have a 5-star HomeStars rating on their website, it does not have a 5 star rating.*

If a negative star rating was an option these guys would be a -100. Called this "company" in August 2021 to repair my fridge. A technician came out to my house to try and "diagnose" the issue. The technician sat behind the fridge using a power tool to remove screws or so I thought, when I looked he was on his phone and just randomly pressing the power tool to make noise. I asked him what he was doing and he said "I just got a text from my boss, sorry".
After looking at the fridge for about 15 minutes he determined that the issue was with the water inlet values. I then told him that was just replaced with a brand new part so that cannot be the issue.

He then called another technician and had a conversation about the issue. He then decided that he "didn't" know what was going on so he wanted a "master" technician to come see it. Booked another appt.
2nd appt now. The same tech arrives but this time with another person. That person takes a look at the fridge and determines what parts could be the issue. Parts were ordered and I was told they would arrive within 1-2 weeks. Paid half of the bill, other half to be paid at the time of completion. $254.25.

A month and a half goes by with no communication from the company. I called and the phone was answered by a "receptionist" who never gives his name or the company name. He was rude and immediately stated that they tried to call me and that the parts still have not arrived. This was not true whatsoever as I checked my incoming phone log. After another 2 weeks I once again had to call the Toronto number, the same person answered with the same tone. Once again I was told "someone" tried to contact me which again was not true. Regardless, an appt was then miraculously scheduled for the next day (Thursdays) between 11:00am & 1:00pm.

Thursday, 3:30pm. Nobody has arrived. I called the Toronto #. Same guy answers with the same terrible attitude. I told the guy nobody arrived for the appt that I took a day off work for. He then tells me the tech should have been there, proceeds to give me the technician's number and wants me to call to see why he didn't show for the appt, hangs up the phone, which was ridiculous obviously. I call the technician, the technician says "um I don't have an appt with you guys at all, I need to call the office and see what is going on". Thirty minutes goes by with nothing. I call the Toronto number once again, the same guy answers. I told him the technician said he didn't have an appt booked for my repair. He goes on to say the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, "okay so, this technician no longer works for us but he has to come and finish the job because is the one who started the work order, and he is the one who has your parts". I took a deep breath and asked how does that even work and why would the guy even show up if he doesn't even work for them anymore. (This is the first tech that came to my house that knew nothing about the repair). I started to slightly lose my cool with this guy on the phone and told him to forget it. I want a refund because I cannot deal with them any longer. The guy on the phone said "okay, he doesn't know what to do about this and fine we can do that whatever". Unfortunately, this tale is not over yet.
Two weeks goes by without my refund being processed. I called the Toronto # only to be dealing with the same incompetent guy once again. He then once again was rude as he said yeah we'll get that processed by the end of the day.

It is now October 22nd, 2021. Still the refund has not been processed. Once again I called the number and was told the same thing. I once again waited 3-5 days for the refund to show on my credit card. Nothing. October 29th I called again, this time with no answer. November 12th I called again with still no refund, and yet again no answer.

I gave up on calling and decided to email the company instead. My first email was ignored. I emailed for a 2nd time, this time a random response from the company “We will make sure it gets done today, Sorry for the delay”. I once again wait to see if a refund shows up on my card. Nothing.

It is now January 5th, 2022. I still have not received my refund from “Speedy Appliance Repair” but will be pursuing other means against this company. I am not going away that easy.

It is now February 12th, 2022. Nearly 120 days since I was told I would get a full refund, still no response from the business... instead I got a phone call from someone claiming to be a lawyer representing "Speedy Appliance Repair" about my previous review I posted on google. This company is by far the worst I have ever come across. If I have to take them to court to get my full refund I will.

More about Toolbox Appliance Repair

toolbox Appliance Repair is Toronto's Premier Appliance Repair Company. We fix and service all major appliances brands. Our service areas are: Toronto, Mississauga, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, appliance repair Markham, Brampton, North York, Newmarket, Aurora.

Appliance Repair
toolbox Appliance Repair has been providing reliable, professional and fast appliance Repair service. we fix all makes and models of refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, ovens, cook-tops, stoves, microwaves, dishwashers. We specialize in the repair of high-end brands such as Sub-Zero, Thermador, Viking, Bosch, ASKO, etc. Our affable technicians are certified and very well trained in the field. Our excellent customer service and friendly staff makes us the best choice in appliance repair and service.
Fridge Repair, Oven Repair, Dishwasher Repair, Washer Repair, Dryer Repair, Stove Repair, Freezer Repair, Cooktop Repair, Wine Cooler Repair, commercial dishwasher.
Bosch, LG, Amana, Samsung, Admiral, Electrolux, Frigidaire, GE, Inglis, KitchenAid, Magic Chef, Maytag, Sub Zero, Thermador, Viking, Whirlpool, White-Westinghouse, Wolf
SUPERIOR REPAIR SERVICE FROM A COMPANY YOU CAN TRUST TO DO IT RIGHT GUARANTEED.
Cash, Credit, Debit, and E-Transfer