Francis Fuels Ltd

28 Concourse Gate, Unit 12 Ottawa ON 613
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Ottawa  >  Francis Fuels Ltd
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Francis Fuels Ltd

A and J in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

English below. Nous voulions un climatiseur Carrier et comme Lowes les vend, nous avons fait notre achat dans ce magasin-là. Francis Fuels est la compagnie mandatée par Lowes pour installer les unités. Nous avons apprécié le représentant (francophone!) de chez Francis, et aussi les installateurs, qui ont, selon nous, fait du bon travail et qui ont laissé leurs aires de travail propre. Il y avait un petit problème par la suite et Francis s'en est occupé rapidement. Nous n'hésiterions donc pas à les recommander et à les embaucher pour autre chose.
We were looking to have a Carrier A/C unit installed and went through Lowes for the purchase. Lowes sent Francis Fuels. We were delighted with the sales rep and installers who left everything clean and tidy. There was a small issue but Francis Fuels dealt with it promptly and without a fuss. Great after-sales service! Would definitely recommend them and use them again.

Job Price

Merci, Thank you for selecting Lowes and (Francis Fuels, authorized contractor) as your home comfort suppliers. We look forward to serving you, in the years to come! ......Dan Francis

M.J. Hass in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I have had many major and minor renovations and installations over the last 20 years. And yes, there have been a few projects where the work done was well done but this furnace and air conditioning installation with Francis Fuels was truly excellent . . . . from start to finish.
The salesperson was punctual and always quickly accessible. He was not only technically knowledgeable about their product line but more importantly about the finer details of the the installation. I had a unusual requirements and preferences: he was able to ensure that those details, big and small, were relayed to the installation technicians. He even visited during the installation to confirm that the physical installation matched what we had earlier discussed.
The installation staff were also punctual and highly skilled. Any small editing that I requested, they were able to accommodate. They had very innovation solutions. They left the work area clean and educated me on the operations of the new equipment. They were both polite and professional.
The office staff sent emails reminding me ahead of appointment, they completed the warranties for me and did the paperwork for rebates that I was eligible for.
Needless to say, I would highly recommend Francis Fuels.
And I plan to use them for all my future HVAC work

Job Price

Thank you for your excellent review. We look forward to continue servicing your home comfort needs.

2 reviews Ottawa, ON

We needed a new a central air unit and the furnace also needed replacing. We had a positive experience with FrancisFuels a year earlier in replacing our hot water tank. Highly recommended. The price was fair, the equipment is top quality and works well, and the installers were very professional. Happy to have their sign on our front lawn, and now have a new AC and furnace in one day's work. Installers offered excellent alternatives to various matters and were timely and friendly. Helped with energy rebates also. The installers were Very Experienced and did a very high quality job, leaving no loose ends. Kudos and well done.
S. and D. Robinson

Job Price

Thank you for the excellent review! We hope you enjoy the extra comfort and energy savings from your new home comfort system. We look forward to serving you in the years to come...........Dan Francis

M. Gilby from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

We needed a new air conditioner. After getting many quotes they were not the cheapest or the most expensive but they seemed to really know their business. We were very impressed from the salesman to the installation. We are very happy with the system.

Job Price

Thank you for your review and for selecting my family business as your home comfort provider. We look forward to continue to serve your home comfort needs.-----Dan Francis

Brian in Brampton

It stared with a telephone call to Francis Fuels. I spoke with Pierre who was a sale representative and attended at my home a few days later. I received a quote and another home visit. I am very pleased that the men who did the installation were very professional and trustworthy to install my a/c. Today is the first day I turned it on as it is 28 degrees outside. Thank you Francis Fuels.

Job Price

Thank you Brian! Awesome review! Thank you for choosing Francis Fuels! My family is looking forward to serving you.- Dan Francis

Patricia in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I am a senior and when my furnace was installed the start up was way too loud. I complained but was told it was normal. A few months later I ask for someone to come out and check it, however; again I was told its normal...then after the first winter with this uncomfortable sound at every start up the free first maintenance man finally corrected the problem. it took a year before the problem was fixed! As well I waited 6 months before a return visit to add the necessary plastic drain hose so I wouldn't have water on my basement floor. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Job Price

Patricia thank you for your review.
It is my understanding from our service manager, that all of your concerns have be addressed and solved. Looking forward to looking after your home comfort for years to come. Please contact our Service Department, should you have any concerns.

Arash in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We purchased a Carrier high efficiency Infinity 98 furnace from Francis Fuels. Alex, the son of the owner, sold us the Furnace and told us that we should pay extra to have a 100k BTU furnace as it has a stronger blower (our house is around 2700 Sqf) although the previous furnace was an 80k BTU. As we used Lowes contacts to purchase the Furnace, we were promised by Alex that we will receive a gift card and extra air milles (Lowes told us that this was not true and we never received any of that).
Installers came and installed the new furnace a few weeks later. It was one of the messiest install ever. When they started the furnace, it was so noisy that they had to stop the furnace and they realized that there was a hand full of bolts and screws inside the blower. The installer removed a few of them and told us that it didn’t matter if there were some left inside the blower. I had to insist to make them remove all bolts and screws from the blower. To this date, I don’t know how this much bolt and screws could have fell inside the blower and I’m sure that some of the component inside of the furnace are lose.
When they tested the Furnace, the CFM of the furnace was actually lower than the one that we had before. Because of the way the job was done and the fact that the furnace that was sold to us (which was actually less powerful than what was promised), I did not sign the work sheet and called the company. They gave me Alex’s phone number. I called him several time and he never called back.
Weeks after when we started the furnace for heat, smell of fumes started to be felt in all our rooms and in the furnace room. It is as the fumes of the burned gas get in to the air ducts. Our son who has major allergies has trouble sleeping and has major reactions to the smell and we all get headaches at the end of the day or in the middle of the night. We called the company that told us to turn off the furnace (and it was -5 outside) for an entire day until they sent us a technician. The technician came in and stayed for 40 min. Said that he didn’t find anything and left telling us that the file will be transferred to the supervisor, M. Racine. For a week, we were waiting for his call (he never did).
In my life, I’ve purchased 4 furnaces from different companies and have never experienced such a bad service and such a lack of professionalism. I still believe that the installation or the unit has major issues. We have to open windows in the middle of the winter to remove the smell of burned gas in our house.
We do not recommand this company to anyone. They have unprofessional, inexperienced installers. They close their offices at 4 pm and have the worst customer services.

Job Price

Arash, Thank you for your review and your feed back. I know you have been working with our service manager to address your furnace and air cleaner issues. I am also aware that the Air Miles and gift card (which is not a Francis Fuels promotional program or supplied by Francis Fuels has been addressed). We look forward to serving you in the years to come

Rdeb in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Francis Fuels installed a new NG boiler for my home. They installed the unit improperly, causing annual service calls and 1000's of dollars of fees. After annual replacements, I found another installer that fixed their installation issues (wrong configuration, wrong installation) and the problems stopped, but not before Francis took 1000's in fees that did not need to happen. I will never work with Francis fuels again.

Job Price

Rdeb, thank you for taking the time for a review. Unfortunately we require additional information about you.
Please contact our service department.

Brian Dover from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

After 24 years it was time to replace our furnace. Went through many companies and asked a lot of questions,Paul answered with facts in a timely manner. The installation was done with great care to our home and couldn't be happier with overall experience.

Job Price

Thank you Brian for the excellent review!

Lisa from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We used Francis to replace an oil furnace and tank, and to provide oil and servicing for several years. At our annual servicing, they determined that the oil tank needed to be replaced. We decided to switch to natural gas, and eventually decided to have a different company replace the equipment. Francis refilled the oil tank days before we were having it removed, even though we had spoken to several of their representatives and said that we would not be refilling it. They only told us that they needed us to tell them not to refill it in writing AFTER they filled it and we called them. This added considerable cost to the equipment replacement. I'm sure the situation would have been very different if they were the ones we'd contracted to replace the equipment.

Job Price

Lisa, Sorry to hear about your issue on the fuel delivery. Francis Fuels does require a written notice of automatic fuel delivery cancellation. This policy is to protect customers & their property. A written cancellation notice is a industry standard, which ensures deliveries or accounts are not cancelled in error, or in colder weather cancelled/ stopped when fuel is still required to heat the home.( especially if waiting for alternate energy utilities to be installed, or change of home owners)
Every verbal request to cancel or change delivery status is made aware of this requirement as well as in written documents provided to all our customers when a delivery account is opened.

More about Francis Fuels Ltd

The Original Francis Company, Locally Owned and Operated by the Francis Family Since 1933. Heating, Air Conditioning, Fuel Delivery for Oil & Propane, Water Heaters, Air Quality, Service, Protection & Maintenance Plans 613-723-4567