Francis Fuels Ltd

Donna in Ottawa
Donna in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Annual furnace maintenance

I always have a great experience with the Francis Fuels technicians that they send. They are courteous, on time, and respectful of your property. But this time was EXCEPTIONAL. Mohammad or Moe was outstanding in in his knowledge and efficiency in addressing a leak from tubing related to my HVAC. He rerouted it and explained everything. Very personable and knows his stuff! I will ask for him next time for sure!! Thank you Mohammad!!! You get a definite 10
Donna MacLean

Guy
Guy

Furnace and Air Conditioner

Just had a new furnace and AC installed today. Every step in dealing with their employees was excellent. Chris, the sales rep went through everything efficiently and the crew that did the installation, Jad, Dillon and Shane were very professional and courteous. It’s so obvious that they take pride in their workmanship. I am very satisfied.

Mikey in Toronto
Mikey in Toronto

Furnace running but house was not warming up

We woke up this morning and the temperature in the house was lower than it should have been. I could see the furnace was trying to work. I could see it heating up for a bit and then shutting off. So not really getting hot and blowing hot air like it should. I called Francis Fuels and actually had someone answer the phone when I called support. Sarah was great! She suggested I check the air intake on the side of the house because of the storm. There wasn't a lot of snow but there was a small amount in the intake pipe. Cleared it away and the furnace was working like a charm. Sarah thought it might be a good idea to get a technician to have a look as I hadn't had the yearly maintenance done yet. Josh showed up and was awesome. You could tell he was very experienced with the Carrier series of furnaces. He was flying through the diagnostics on the thermostat. He was polite and professional and a wealth of knowledge. Plus he was super thorough. You can really see the difference when someone is a certified technician for a certain brand. Great job folks. I will be using you from now on.

B and J Ottawa
B and J Ottawa

Very Disappointed

Our furnace stopped working on a Tuesday in February. We called Francis Fuels and within an hour Dan came and fixed it enough to have heat again but told us there were some issues we had to deal with. We asked that one of their professionals take care of those issues which included ordering a new part for the furnace.
Two days later the furnace stopped blowing warm air again. We phoned the company at 10:00 AM. We were assured that the part in question was on order and they would phone us when it came in. We phoned at least 5 times over the course of the day - each time telling the person that we are cold and asking when someone could fix the furnace enough for warm air again. Each person we talked to completely ignored the fact
that we told them we were cold. Finally, mid afternoon when we phoned again (the third time at this point) we were told someone would come to get heat between 5 and 8:30. By 9:00 PM no one had come, still no one phoned with updates and then we phoned AGAIN at 9:00 PM we were told there were no notes about being cold. REALLY!!!!??? IT IS FEBRUARY IN CANADA. We were told someone would finally come which they did at 10:00 PM - a full 12 hours after the first phone call. We were further extremely upset to hear that the very kind technician was in our area all
afternoon. We are still waiting to hear about when the part will come in and do that maintenance on the furnace. It feels like the people just told us what they thought we'd want to hear. We are very, very disappointed. We've had great service in the past - with extremely professional and kind technicians. We want satisfaction again and some compassion from your phone operators!!!!!

Nepean resident
Nepean resident

Furnace cleaning

I needed to have my furnace pump cleaned out, and Vishal Rawat completed the job professionally. He was focused, efficent and above all considerate of our needs. Thank you Vishal for a job well done! 5/5

Daisy  - Ottawa
Daisy - Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

New air conditioning and furnace installation

We were looking to replace and update our furnace and air conditioning system. Mark Christie from Francis Fuels came and gave us some great options that would serve our needs and then gave us time to review all the products and services he recommended. No pressure to sign immediately. No pressure to buy a expensive unnecessary system. We choose 1 from the systems recommended by him and can say that our first winter with the new furnace has made a huge difference in efficiency and reduced monthly cost in heat/air conditioner. They both have worked beautifully. The service / installation / company and it's men were excellent and knew exactly what they were doing. They came prepared everyday and worked to get both systems installed and done as quickly as possible.
I would most definitely recommend Francis Fuels

James in Campbellton
James in Campbellton
1 review , NB

Air Conditioning repair

We boughr an air conditioner in 2008 from Francis Fuels. It worked great until Sunday when it decided to stop working. Of course the temperature was 33C. I called Francis Fuels at 9 am Monday morning and they still had my account on file. They told me that they wee busy because of the heat but would try and get someone to me that day or the next at the latest. True to their word, I received a call a couple of hours later and a technician arrived shortly thereafter. He diagnosed the problem very quickly (a burnt out capacitor). He replaced it, verified and cleaned the rest of the system and then gave us very useful advice about future maintenance and types of filter to be used. A very friendly and professional service. It's a shame there are not more companies out there like Francis Fuels.

Thank you James for your review and for selecting our family business

Andre in Ottawa
Andre in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Furnace maintenance

I've done business with Francis fuels since since I bought my house in 2003. They've provide professional maintenance service for my furnace and AC and replaced my furnace when it died of old age. They've also done duct work for me afew years ago.
I've always been super satisfied with the price and service (both over the phone and in person)

Thank You Andre for your awesome review

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Cold to heated house in hours

We woke to a very cold house in minus 30 degree weather. We made one call to Francis fuels. Within an hour a Paul a service technician was on our doorstep to assess our furnace. An old furnace needed repairs with an option to purchase a new replacement. Quickly Kyle, came to our home and walked us through our options. With assurance we selected a option that fit our budget and long term needs. Upon selection a team was mobilized to install our new furnace within hours led by Mike the team leader.
We called at 9:30 am and the installation team completed their job at 3:30 pm.
One call to Francis fuels after waking up to a cold house due to a broken furnace and hours later we are warm and comfortable with a new furnace.
Thanks to a full service team

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Excellent customer service

The technician Adam Riera was excellent! He explained all the details and showed me pictures of the areas of concern. He seemed to really care about his work and that I really understood any issues. He took the time to provide details and do the inspections thoroughly. I was very impressed and trusted his advice.

More about Francis Fuels Ltd

The Original Francis Company, Locally Owned and Operated by the Francis Family Since 1933. Heating, Air Conditioning, Fuel Delivery for Oil & Propane, Water Heaters, Air Quality, Service, Protection & Maintenance Plans 613-723-4567
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Ottawa?