Francis Fuels Ltd

Reviews for Francis Fuels Ltd

Brian in Brampton
Brian in Brampton

Air Condition

It stared with a telephone call to Francis Fuels. I spoke with Pierre who was a sale representative and attended at my home a few days later. I received a quote and another home visit. I am very pleased that the men who did the installation were very professional and trustworthy to install my a/c. Today is the first day I turned it on as it is 28 degrees outside. Thank you Francis Fuels.

Thank you Brian! Awesome review! Thank you for choosing Francis Fuels! My family is looking forward to serving you.- Dan Francis

Patricia in Ottawa
Patricia in Ottawa

new furnace

I am a senior and when my furnace was installed the start up was way too loud. I complained but was told it was normal. A few months later I ask for someone to come out and check it, however; again I was told its normal...then after the first winter with this uncomfortable sound at every start up the free first maintenance man finally corrected the problem. it took a year before the problem was fixed! As well I waited 6 months before a return visit to add the necessary plastic drain hose so I wouldn't have water on my basement floor. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Patricia thank you for your review.
It is my understanding from our service manager, that all of your concerns have be addressed and solved. Looking forward to looking after your home comfort for years to come. Please contact our Service Department, should you have any concerns.

Arash in Ottawa
Arash in Ottawa

Worst service ever

We purchased a Carrier high efficiency Infinity 98 furnace from Francis Fuels. Alex, the son of the owner, sold us the Furnace and told us that we should pay extra to have a 100k BTU furnace as it has a stronger blower (our house is around 2700 Sqf) although the previous furnace was an 80k BTU. As we used Lowes contacts to purchase the Furnace, we were promised by Alex that we will receive a gift card and extra air milles (Lowes told us that this was not true and we never received any of that).
Installers came and installed the new furnace a few weeks later. It was one of the messiest install ever. When they started the furnace, it was so noisy that they had to stop the furnace and they realized that there was a hand full of bolts and screws inside the blower. The installer removed a few of them and told us that it didn’t matter if there were some left inside the blower. I had to insist to make them remove all bolts and screws from the blower. To this date, I don’t know how this much bolt and screws could have fell inside the blower and I’m sure that some of the component inside of the furnace are lose.
When they tested the Furnace, the CFM of the furnace was actually lower than the one that we had before. Because of the way the job was done and the fact that the furnace that was sold to us (which was actually less powerful than what was promised), I did not sign the work sheet and called the company. They gave me Alex’s phone number. I called him several time and he never called back.
Weeks after when we started the furnace for heat, smell of fumes started to be felt in all our rooms and in the furnace room. It is as the fumes of the burned gas get in to the air ducts. Our son who has major allergies has trouble sleeping and has major reactions to the smell and we all get headaches at the end of the day or in the middle of the night. We called the company that told us to turn off the furnace (and it was -5 outside) for an entire day until they sent us a technician. The technician came in and stayed for 40 min. Said that he didn’t find anything and left telling us that the file will be transferred to the supervisor, M. Racine. For a week, we were waiting for his call (he never did).
In my life, I’ve purchased 4 furnaces from different companies and have never experienced such a bad service and such a lack of professionalism. I still believe that the installation or the unit has major issues. We have to open windows in the middle of the winter to remove the smell of burned gas in our house.
We do not recommand this company to anyone. They have unprofessional, inexperienced installers. They close their offices at 4 pm and have the worst customer services.

Arash, Thank you for your review and your feed back. I know you have been working with our service manager to address your furnace and air cleaner issues. I am also aware that the Air Miles and gift card (which is not a Francis Fuels promotional program or supplied by Francis Fuels has been addressed). We look forward to serving you in the years to come

Rdeb in Ottawa
Rdeb in Ottawa

Hot water boiler

Francis Fuels installed a new NG boiler for my home. They installed the unit improperly, causing annual service calls and 1000's of dollars of fees. After annual replacements, I found another installer that fixed their installation issues (wrong configuration, wrong installation) and the problems stopped, but not before Francis took 1000's in fees that did not need to happen. I will never work with Francis fuels again.

Rdeb, thank you for taking the time for a review. Unfortunately we require additional information about you.
Please contact our service department.

Brian Dover from Ottawa
Brian Dover from Ottawa

furnace replacement

After 24 years it was time to replace our furnace. Went through many companies and asked a lot of questions,Paul answered with facts in a timely manner. The installation was done with great care to our home and couldn't be happier with overall experience.

Thank you Brian for the excellent review!

Lisa from Ottawa
Lisa from Ottawa

Furnace

We used Francis to replace an oil furnace and tank, and to provide oil and servicing for several years. At our annual servicing, they determined that the oil tank needed to be replaced. We decided to switch to natural gas, and eventually decided to have a different company replace the equipment. Francis refilled the oil tank days before we were having it removed, even though we had spoken to several of their representatives and said that we would not be refilling it. They only told us that they needed us to tell them not to refill it in writing AFTER they filled it and we called them. This added considerable cost to the equipment replacement. I'm sure the situation would have been very different if they were the ones we'd contracted to replace the equipment.

Lisa, Sorry to hear about your issue on the fuel delivery. Francis Fuels does require a written notice of automatic fuel delivery cancellation. This policy is to protect customers & their property. A written cancellation notice is a industry standard, which ensures deliveries or accounts are not cancelled in error, or in colder weather cancelled/ stopped when fuel is still required to heat the home.( especially if waiting for alternate energy utilities to be installed, or change of home owners)
Every verbal request to cancel or change delivery status is made aware of this requirement as well as in written documents provided to all our customers when a delivery account is opened.

deb from Ottawa
deb from Ottawa

furnace installation

we purchased a house with an electric furnace but switched to gas and used Francis Fuels to purchase and install the unit. Before they left after installation, they couldn't trace the source of a gas leak somewhere in the line. They decided to clear out anyway as it was near Christmas. The man in charge did not warn us that we still had a gas leak. The apprentice quietly came to me without their knowledge and warned me but said there was nothing he could do as an apprectice. Enbridge came to inspect and they were also unable to detect the gas leak. A month later, during ice storm '98 I discovered the gas leak at the meter and within feet of my running car. I will never use Francis Fuels again. This was our second time using this business and our second problem with them.

Deb, Thank you for the review. Francis Fuels for over 80 years has maintained a high standard in installation and servicing of heating equipment. We have experienced, knowledgeable licensed technicians available.

Unfortunately I can not find any information regarding this event, as it may have happened 15 years ago. Please contact our service department should you have any questions.

chris from Ottawa
chris from Ottawa
9 reviews Ottawa, ON

furnace cleaning

Been using them for years to tuneup my furnace. They are prompt and do the job well. Had no problems with extra costs. Furnace works fine and is more than 10 years old now.

Thank you Chris for selecting our family business for your Home Comfort needs.-----
Dan Francis

Eric in White lake
Eric in White lake
7 reviews WHITE LAKE, ON

oil furnace service

They were very good and came at the appointed time too. The service person took off his boots and carried all his tools in. He had the spare parts and filters that fit and looked over everything as well as cleaning all the parts.

Eric, thank you for your awesome review.

Denise in Ottawa
Denise in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Fuel delivery and furnace maintenance

Francis Fuels has consistently provided prompt, professional service. They are thorough in responding to questions and deliver on time. A bonus is that they can deliver even when you are not home.

Denise, Thank you for your review and for selecting Francis Fuels as your home comfort supplier. We enjoy serving you.

More about Francis Fuels Ltd

The Original Francis Company, Locally Owned and Operated by the Francis Family Since 1933. Heating, Air Conditioning, Fuel Delivery for Oil & Propane, Water Heaters, Air Quality, Service, Protection & Maintenance Plans 613-723-4567