Barrier Sciences Group

Best of 2018 winnerBest of 2018winner

Reviews for Barrier Sciences Group

Private User reviews St. Thomas, ON

Energy Audit

BSG came out and did a great job at doing my energy audit. However, when I received the refund cheque, it was $50 short of what the auditor had said I would receive back in rebates. I tried to get in touch, but he has not returned my calls even after sending copies of the rebate cheque.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry your rebate was not as expected. If you're unable to reach your advisor, please feel free to contact the office and we will gladly assist you.

JV in Chatham-Kent
JV in Chatham-Kent
0 reviews Chatham Kent, ON

Home Energy Audit

Very Professional. Paul was very courteous and very thorough. He gave us a list of things we could do to improve our Home Energy costs. He really opened my eyes to the things I could do to save energy. Thanks Paul!!!!

Thank you for your review. We are pleased Paul was able to assist your with your home improvements and energy savings!

Mitch in Hamilton
Mitch in Hamilton
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Barrier Sciences Group - Energy Audit

Todd was very professional and courteous throughout the whole energy audit process. There was minimal disruption to the household while being performed. Highly recommended if you should find yourself needing such services.

Thank you for your great review! We are happy Todd was so helpful with your assessment and in obtaining your rebates.

Private User reviews London, ON

Replaced windows, doors, furnace, hot water tank and increased insulation in attic

We had barrier sciences in to do a home energy audit before the we replaced all of our windows and doors, replace furnace and a/c, replace hot water tank and increased our attic insulation. After all of the upgrades barrier sciences returned to do another energy audit and now we are receiving a rebate for all our upgrades

Thank you for your review. We are glad you were able to do so many upgrades and qualify for rebates!

Private User reviews Chatham Kent, ON

home inspection for possible rebates

When our furnace needed to be replaced, it was mentioned that we would qualify for some rebates if we had a home inspection done. So clearly this was the time to have it done. The inspection and its results were very interesting. I followed several of the easy to do tips given to improve the efficiency of our home. Replacing at least some of our Victorian era home's original windows had also long been on the radar, so we chose to do several at this time. Upon re-inspection, I was however disappointed to be told that several of the pairs of windows that were closer than 6", only counted as one, when it came to rebate time. I'm sure this was NOT mentioned when given what we could get back per window. Had I known this, I would perhaps have chosen to replace different windows than I did. I have not received my rebate cheque yet at the time of writing this review, but I trust I will, and that this process will have been worth it. It also gives us direction as to where to continue to improve our home as time and budget allows.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you were not made aware of the window requirements but I'm happy to hear you were able to take the tips provided and make your home more efficient. I'm sure your rebate cheque will be there soonn

Neil in Windsor
Neil in Windsor
0 reviews Windsor, ON

Home energy audit

We wanted to have a new home heating and cooling system installed and were told rebates were available through Union Gas. Barrier Sciences were recommended to us for the energy audit. An agent responded very quickly to our request and started the assessment the next day. He made several valuable suggestions to improve energy conservation. Upon completion of the new installation of the new equipment and other improvements to home insulation he returned promptly and completed the audit. Our rebate was received within three weeks!

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased your assessments were completed promptly and your rebate was received so quickly!

Steven from Quinte West
Steven from Quinte West
1 review Quinte West, ON

Energy Assessment

Required Home Energy Assessment And received amazing service and customer feedback. The assessor was very friendly, knowledgeable, and timely. Initial assessment was done and assessor provided full comprehensive list of areas for improvement along with photos of each area. Final assessment showed dramatic decrease in overall home energy usage. Amazing service would definitely recommend to anyone.

Thank you for your positive feedback. We always love to hear our homeowners are happy with the service they received from our amazing advisors!

Henry in Stoney Creek
Henry in Stoney Creek
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Energy Efficiency Assessment

I used Barrier Science Group for pre and post energy assessments for the home reno rebate program. The advisor was knowledgeable but I was hoping for more suggestions for improvements from the advisor and the report. The post energy assessment was rescheduled by BSG 3 times before an advisor actually showed up.

Hi There! I am sorry to hear that there were some scheduling difficulties with your follow-up assessment. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly aim to improve on this.

energy audit for home renovation and rebate

I contacted BSG for and initial energy audit prior to starting home improvements. They quickly sent an energy consultant who assessed the house and provided valuable recommendation for renovations. After I completed the work, their inspector came back for a final assessment and completed the necessary paper work for rebates. The entire process was easy with no issues. Their energy consultant communicated well with me when I had questions. I Highly recommend this company.

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are pleased to hear about your experience :)

LisaPhyllis in Acton
LisaPhyllis in Acton
0 reviews Acton, ON

Energy Rebate Audit

service delivered as promised. When I contacted the company they had someone out the same week for the initial audit and the follow up visit was booked easily and the representative was professional and able to answer all my questions.

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are pleased to hear about the experience you had! :)

More about Barrier Sciences Group

Barrier Sciences Group is a building envelope consulting firm that specializes in deep energy retrofit for residential, industrial, commercial and institutional buildings. The professionals at BSG have over three decades of experience and expertise working with building envelopes.

Services: Energy Audits, Home Inspections, Pre-Drywall Blower Door Tests, Thermal Imaging, Building Envelope Consultation, Energy Management, Building Recommissioning.