Barrier Sciences Group

Best of 2018 winnerBest of 2018winner

Reviews for Barrier Sciences Group

Private User reviews Pickering, ON

Home renovation

We called Barrier Sciences Group after recently purchasIng a 1970s bungalow. We planed a renovation and wanted advice as to where to maximize the benefits, We insulated, added a furnace and windows and now have a cosy, warm home and we were smoothly guided through the rebate process by David Miller. Thank you for all of your help.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review! We are so happy to hear that David provided you with such excellent service. It's so nice to hear that our customers are pleased with the services Barrier Sciences Group provides and the Home Reno Rebate Program! We hope you enjoy the new warmth of your home, as well as the rebates you receive. We sincerely appreciate and value your business, so thank you!

Private User reviews Sarnia, ON

furnace, tankless hot water, insulation

Typical ontario liberal government. They charge you the highest rates for electricity in north america then put out some program to allow you to switch over from electric hot water tank to natural gas. They give you minimal amount of money to do the upgrades, basically covers like a quarter of the price. Wait time to get your money back is outrageous.

Thank you for taking the time to review our company! We are truly sorry that your experience with the Union Gas Home Reno Rebate Program wasn't a positive one. Unfortunately, Barrier Sciences Group doesn't establish the rebates; those amounts are predetermined for us. We appreciate your honesty and take your feedback very seriously. We use these comments as an opportunity to improve going forward. We do hope that you get in touch with us if you have any additional comments about the services we provided. Thanks again for taking the time to review Barrier Sciences Group!

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Updating my Gas Furnace and Gas Water Heater

I was having my annual furnace service and the tech noticed an expensive repair. The furnace was 20 yr. old. So time for a new one. I was made aware of the rebates if I updated more than one item from the govt. and Union Gas. He recommended Barrier Sciences for the required audit. I contacted them and they did their work on time, pleasantly and effectively. They gave me the options and rebates available to me.
The most effective update for me was a water heater upgrade and repairs to a few air leaks. Doing the work above gave me $ 2250 in rebates.
So as a result I have a new furnace almost free and a better cost for my water heater than the rental from Reliance Home Comfort.

Thanks Barrier Sciences

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Barrier Sciences Group! We are so delighted to see that we received a 10/10 star rating from you! We hope you enjoy the rebates you received and the new comfort levels in your home. Thank you for choosing BSG for your Energy Assessments!

Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

Energy audit

I needed an energy audit on my house for government rebates for my new furnace. The technician came in and offered lots of easy and affordable ways to improve my homes energy efficiency. He was here exactly when he said he would be, and worked very quickly and efficiently. He was extremely polite and considerate while inspecting my home. I couldn't be happier.

Thank you so much for your kind 10-star review! We are so happy to hear that you received such a wonderful experience from our Energy Advisor and our company. We hope you enjoy the new level of comfort in your home, and the rebates you received! Thank you so much for choosing Barrier Sciences Group for your Energy Assessments. We truly appreciate your business!

Neven in Toronto
Neven in Toronto
1 review Hamilton, ON

Energy Audit

The home auditor, David Miller, did a great job explaining the Union Gas Rebate program to us. We ended up doing 3 home improvements to take advance of the rebate program. Dave took care of all the paperwork. He made suggestions throughout our home audit; and was a great source of information. His schedule was also flexible. Thanks.

Thank you for such a wonderful review, Neven! We are so pleased to hear that David provided helpful suggestions and was able to accommodate your schedule. We hope you enjoy the new comfort levels of your home, and the rebates you received for energy efficient upgrades! Thank you for choosing Barrier Sciences Group for your Energy Assessments. We truly appreciate your business! Have a wonderful day!

All Pro Painting GTA
All Pro Painting GTA
6 reviews Thornhill, ON

Home Inspection

This company has extensive knowledge when it comes to building envelope and energy conservation solutions. Their auditors are extremely thorough making sure to explain the results of their investigative work at every step of the process. We are very happy to know that we can rely on them when we need solid advice on our home's durability and efficiency.

Thank you, Mark from Toronto! We are so flattered by your 10-star review. Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Have a wonderful day!

More about Barrier Sciences Group

Barrier Sciences Group is a building envelope consulting firm that specializes in deep energy retrofit for residential, industrial, commercial and institutional buildings. The professionals at BSG have over three decades of experience and expertise working with building envelopes.

Services: Energy Audits, Home Inspections, Pre-Drywall Blower Door Tests, Thermal Imaging, Building Envelope Consultation, Energy Management, Building Recommissioning.