Alberta Restoration Specialists

Mold Detection & Removal
Edmonton AB T5P 3E7
HomeStars  >  Mold Detection & Removal in Edmonton  >  Alberta Restoration Specialists
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Alberta Restoration Specialists

Robert M.

My garage had mold on the ceiling. I saw the good reviews on Homestars about Alberta Restoration Services (ARS), and called them. Gil came out that day, inspected
the garage, made some recommendations and gave a detailed estimate. His crew came out four days later to remediate the problem. The contaminated material was removed and disposed of and all other surfaces were disinfected. The work team was very professional and thorough as well as friendly and helpful. I was very happy with ARS and the service they provided and would recommend them.
Robert Mackie

Job Price

Thank you sir, we really enjoyed working for you the hospitality was fantastic thank you for everything :)

Private
1 review Edmonton, AB

Gil and his team did a great job making sure all of the mold in my bathroom was removed. Gil is very friendly and knowledgable, and his crew were professional and left everything very clean. I was very satisfied and would recommend ARS to anyone.

Job Price

Thank you sir! Always happy to help :)

1 review Edmonton, AB

Called ARS and Gil responded immediately & came out to give estimate. Had crew out next morning. Went beyond expectations and identified foundation crack and unrelated plumbing leak. Remediate both for original quoted price. Even left some equipment to minimize drywall dust when we got drywall put back in. Gave good recommendations on crack repair and insulation contractors for rebuild. Highly recommend Alberta Restoreation.

They also covered hardwood and stairs to protect them during remediation and left the space clean when they were done.

Job Price

Thank you so much! We are really glad to know you're happy with our service :)

Bianca k.
1 review Edmonton, AB

My boyfriend and I were doing some basement renos when we discovered some mold in the baseboards. After testing and confirming it is mold, we hired Alberta Restoration to remove the mold. Their price was very reasonable, they were professional and our basement was mold free within 3 days. Gil was informative and called us at least twice a day to make sure everything is going fine. We strongly recommend Alberta Restoration.

Job Price

It has been truly a pleasure serving you! :) good luck in your new home!

Randy
1 review Edmonton, AB

I contacted Gil Monday and he inspected the garage Monday evening confirming mold. We discussed what was to be removed. The work was performed and completed the next day!

I am very pleased with the Gil's honesty, the professionalism and speed of service! I would not hesitate in using this company again or referring them.

Job Price

Thank you very much Randy! It's has been a great pleasure for us to serve you :)

HomeStars in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

I was taking on a home renovation project in my main floor bathroom. Its a 50s house, so time for a full gutting of the room and start from the ground up. Once the old tub was out and I was able to pull up the top layer of vinyl flooring, I found the original tile was still underneath that layer. Judging by the timelines, and some advice from a relative, I had the lower tile tested, which came back positive for asbestos.

Due to rotten subfloor beneath this layer, I had no choice but to have it removed. I called up Gil and Gabriel, and they came out Easter Sunday of all days, to set up and remove. Once on scene, they worked quickly and efficiently, all work was completed within 3 hours. The next day they were back to remove the equipment, and provide advice on further renovations.

These guys came in considerably less than some of the other quotes I received, but were at a cost that felt more than reasonable. It seems like so many companies try to bend you over a barrel when it comes to asbestos removal.

Job Price

Thank you so much for the kind words sir!

At ARS we take pride of our customer service and competitive prices it's been a pleasure serving you :)

Cody
1 review Edmonton, AB

This happened about a year ago, I was 23 and had just purchase a new home with my wife.

We decided to Reno our basement. Seemed like it would be a simple job until we started tearing it apart. After the removal of the second panel of dry wall we discovered mold from the floor to ceiling. Should have stopped there, but we were curious to how bad it was and started ripping holes all along the wall to see where it started and ended. Only to find it covered the entire wall. Having no idea what to do I looked up mold removal specialist Edmonton on google. Gabriel's name and number popped up so I called him, introduced myself and told him what's up. It was around 5:30 at the time so I wasn't expecting much, maybe an appointment the next day at best. After hearing what I had done and what the situation was he said he'd be there right away. He showed up about 20 minutes later with an associate to take mold samples. Once he arrived he immediately went into damage control. He turned off my furnace to stop the mold from circulating to the rest of the house. Gave me portable heaters as this was in the spring. Told me he'd have a team in the first thing in the morning to seal off the basement from the rest of the house.

The next day after the team sealed off the basement and left I called other mold removal company's in the area. A couple came to my place to inspect the possible job and all told me exactly what Gabriel already did. When I asked for a general idea of how much it would cost to complete the job none of them gave me a lower quote than Gabriel.

After testing came back from the lab and we knew exactly what we were dealing with and what type of equipment Gabriel would need they went straight to work. Not only was the work fast and cost effective, Gabriel knew from my situation we didn't have money to burn. So he told me what work I could do to lower the price. So after I got the equipment he spent the time demonstrating to me then allowed me to complete the task alone.

My entire basement was gutted for a little over the price a different contractor was willing to gut it without dealing with the mold. Being in my early 20's quite a few contactors see me as a kid they can make easy money off of. Gabriel did the opposite, he was very personal in his approach. I did exactly what he recommended and it went well. I highly recommended Gil and Gabriel.

Job Price

Thank you Cody, we were happy to help!

Tony
1 review Spruce Grove, AB

We were selling our house and had a conditional offer in. The day before the home inspection I was doing a pre-inspection myself to make sure everything was OK. During my pre-inspection I noticed some staining around a window in the basement. I pulled some drywall down and noticed some water along foundation.

I was panicking as it was 5:30pm when I found the water and we had a home inspection scheduled for 1pm the next day. I quickly Googled some contracting companies and called a few. It was Sunday evening on the family day long weekend. After calling 3 contractors and having them not answer, Gil from Alberta Restorations picked up the phone. I told him my situation and he said he would be there within 2 hours. I asked how much they charged for a quote, even though I live 20 minutes NW of Stony Plain, to which he replied, "we don't charge for quotes". Gil and Gabrielle arrived within 2 hours and quoted the work on the spot.

The next morning (the morning of the inspection and the family day Stat holiday) Gabrielle and another worker showed up and got straight to work. They fully enclosed the work area and protected our furniture. They removed all of the drywall, insulation, and wall studs and removed them from the house. By the time the inspector got there, ARS had all of the contaminated material removed and the blowers and dehumidifiers were working full force.

The buyers and inspector were impressed at how the situation was being handled. I was very worried that the offer of purchase of our house was going to fall apart at the discovery of the situation in the basement. The buyers were so impressed with ARS's work that, I am happy to say, the deal has gone through successfully.

I can not express, in writing, how satisfied I am with the work ARS did and professionalism they exhibited. It was less than 18 hours from the time I discovered the issue until ARS had the containment up and dryers blowing. I am confident in saying that they saved the deal for the sale of our house.

The price I paid was the exact same price they quoted me. They didn't try to add extras or do more work than what was required.

I am pleased to provide an extremely strong recommendation for Alberta Restoration Services based on my first hand experience. My experience was 110% positive.

Job Price

Hi Tony, we could not be more thrilled that you took the time to write such a substantial review. Thank you for your enthusiastic feedback. We are happy to hear the deal went through. Please let us know if there is anything we do help you in the future. Cheers,

Bartholomew in Calgary

Gil and his guys did a nice job. We had some light flooding in our basement, and they didn't try to run up the bill by taking any more wall or carpet than they had to; we were lucky, and our whole carpet + underlay was saved. They were quick, efficient and got the job done, and the contractor I called in for reconstruction also thought highly of the work they did. I would definitely recommend Gil's crew to anyone who needed a clean-up job.

Job Price

Thank you for your review glad we could help.

Lauren

The team was very friendly and professional. They started the job very quickly and finished it effectively. Would definitely recommend this company to anyone as they are extremely polite and trustworthy. Thank you.

Job Price

It was a great pleasure for us to be of help to you :)

More about Alberta Restoration Specialists

Alberta Restoration Specialists has provided dependable and reliable services for environmental issues of all types and sizes. We are committed to providing the best possible service with minimal inconvenience to our clients.

Our qualified and licensed professionals are trained to help you understand your options and choose the best solution for your needs. We work hard to correct environmental hazards by carefully assessing the scope of the issue, properly solving the problem and preventing it from coming back.