Treeology

Reviews for Treeology

Alice from Toronto
Alice from Toronto

Tree Removal Toronto

Matt was sloppy, unprofessional. All he cared about was the $$. He removed a dead tree but did not take the wood with him which was part of our agreement. He managed to hide the wood. After repeated calls I gave him and hired trash removal service. Do not hire him!

Cam in Toronto
Cam in Toronto

Missed appointment. Unprofessional work. Damaged Tree.

It started out fine. Matt was to prune the branches of 2 large trees after they were damaged in a storm. We agreed on a price. He was to do the work on the following Tuesday.

But he didn't show up to do the work on the agreed date. Instead, he texted me the following day to tell me he’d come the following week.

When he finally did show up, his work was disappointing.

- He didn’t clean off the two broken branch stumps. He said he couldn’t reach those branches. So the sharp stumps remain.
- He left a dozen or so deep gashes on the trunk of my 100-year-old maple tree - presumably from spikes he used to climb. These gashes now scar the whole trunk of my beautiful tree that we used to enjoy from our bedroom window. Which is truly heartbreaking.
- He (or his crew) were drinking from quart bottles of beer while they worked.
- He left tools and other belongings in the yard when he left.
- He left pruned branches hanging in the trees, instead of collecting and disposing of them.

Long story short - I would never hire him again. I’m certainly much worse off than I was before. My favourite tree has been quite visibly damaged. And the other still has sharp broken branches sticking out of it.

I completely regret hiring him. Every time I look at my damaged tree.

Rachel from Toronto
Rachel from Toronto

Tree cutting

Matt of Treeology was professional and punctual. His crew worked hard to take down a tree with dutch elm disease and left the site clean afterwards. He does not do stumping but recommended someone else to do so.