Home Appliance Care Inc

Reviews for Home Appliance Care Inc

Nick in Toronto
Nick in Toronto

GE Washing Machine Repair

After some slightly unsatisfactory service and a conversation with Head Office, the company made amends to a prior concern and earned back my business. I'm happy with the outcome and look forward to their help the next time an appliance breaks. Great customer service.

Review has 1 previous version
Corinne  in Ottawa
Corinne in Ottawa

Bosch Washing Machine Repair

I have owned my new Bosch Washer and Dryer for 10 months now and had an issue with my Washer recently. I called Bosch as directed in my manual, who then works with Home Appliance Care Inc. to actual make the home visits for the repair. I was called within 24 hours to set up the appointment and I found the staff to be very professional, accommodating and friendly. Shout out to the service technician (Moe), who really went above and beyond and took the time to explain the issue to me. THANK YOU all very much for an extremely pleasant experience. Washer works great now. :) Corinne

Khaled in Grand Bay
Khaled in Grand Bay

LG fridge

Home Applince Care was imposed as a third party from LG. First appointment was inconclusive despite their assurances that my fridge was fixed. My second appointment came one week later with the wrong parts. Not even capable to order the correct parts from the manufacturer. I started my third week with uncleared timeline for this never ending process. I am very disappointed and I strongly recommend clients to avoid using them if they can. They are unreliable to say the least!

Gaz cooktop repair

Our Dacor cooktop has required a few appointments from Home Appliance Care through the years. We have been reassured by the careful and obviously competent service we have received. We have found this company to be honorable, truly at service of the client. nous recommandons cette entreprise avec confiance. De plus, un technicien sera chez vous dans un délai très raisonnable.

Raphael in Mount Brydges
Raphael in Mount Brydges

Oven repair

More than a month ago I managed to short out the power board on my Fisher Paykel wall oven and Home Appliance Care dispatched a technician promptly who diagnosed problem. That is where everything stopped. After being assured that the needed replacement part was available and they would call us promptly to set up time for the final repair nothing happened. After a week I called only to be told the part had not yet arrived but that they would call when it did. Follow up calls every three or four days elicited the same response. Finally after three weeks and my request to speak to a manager, someone looked into the problem and found that the delivery of the original part had gone missing and it needed to be back ordered. A week after that when I called for update, the woman I spoke to said she would cancel the order and move it to another supplier who would be asked to rush the delivery directly to the technician. Today I am told the delivery will be made to the technician's home but he won't be available to do the repair until Tuesday of next week. I conclude Home Appliance Care has absolutely no system for follow up and little concern for their clients. I will take my business elsewhere in future.

Diane in Ottawa
Diane in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

My ice maker in my refrigerator.

I am so impressed with this company, I asked for a service call this afternoon, had an appointment for Friday then I received a call from the office that a representative by the name of Ray could come today. The gentleman was here in less than an hour, he came in the house, located the problem, had the part in his truck and the part was replaced and the fridge was in working order very quickly. I would gladly recommend this company, whom I had received the recommendation from my family to call them. I have dealt with a number of companies over the years and truly have never had such efficient service. Thank you Home Appliance Care.

We do try to help out our customers as much as we can. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on line.

Dan in Ottawa
Dan in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Fast, courteous and professional. 11 Stars if I could.

Our built-in GE Monogram fridge died on Friday before the August long weekend. We've been dealing with Home Appliance Care for over 15 years now so we called them at about 1:00 PM. At 4:00 pm, we had a knowledgeable, professional technician (with the correct part in his truck ????) at our house and within 30 minutes the fridge was fixed. He also cleaned around the very hard to get to parts of the fridge and replaced the water filter. Weekend saved and we will never deal with any other company. Highly recommended.

Thank you for your positive comments. Glad you appreciated our service.

Ottawa, ON
Ottawa, ON
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Glass Stovetop replacement

We broke our stand alone glass stove top and they came to replace the glass stove top... the installer did not want to move the stove back into place and told us that if we broke it he could come back... to me, the service should include sliding the stove back in its rightful place since it was pulled out-it sounds like they're happy if we break it again since they would make more money... these stoves are tricky and I would expect professionals to slide it back into its rightful place....They asked us to pay even though we asked for help and the installer ran out the door right after. We paid unfortunately, although to me, this job was not completed.
I would certainly not recommend this service for this type of appliance. I NEEDED HELP TO SLIDE IT IN to avoid this happening again-not just replacing the glass. Would this business want to ensure their customers don't have to call again? or the more they call the better?

To respond to the response: Whether a customer is in a reno or not, the help and service should be the same. Also, just so you know, the kitchen was completed and the stove was the last item to fit into place. We had pulled the stove out to help you guys and save time-THE STOVE NEEDED TO BE PULLED OUT EITHER WAY. The guy offered help and when it actually came time to help us, AND WORK WITH US and provide a recommendation, he took his payment and left. I would expect for your guy to find a solution with us, right? Not just leave us to figure it out. Your guy did not want to take ACCOUNTABILITY should the stove have broken again (and why even think this???)-not to mention his comment on calling him again for a repair. As I mentioned, the job was not completed- a perfect example would be to arrive at a customer's home, pull the fridge out to fix the water line, and leaving the fridge there, out of its spot. Would you leave a service that way?

Review has 1 previous version

As you know you are in the midst of a renovation and the unit was already pulled out when the technician got there. After replacing the glass on your stove the technician did offer to help you push the stove in place. However upon inspecting the granite he found that it did not seem to be a smooth fit to the granite so it was deemed unsafe to do so in fear of breaking your newly replaced glass. Of course most repairs consists of units that are already installed so putting them back into their original place is normal procedure, unfortunately your situation was not so. Hope this explanation helps.

Chris Murray  in
Chris Murray in
1 review , ON

Broken gas stove

I had an issue with my stove top. They were friendly, nice and cared about my issue. They also kept me posted on every thing that was happening! Great company!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on line. Much appreciated.

Ally in Gloucester
Ally in Gloucester

No answer

I've been calling the company for 2 days now... multiple times in the day. Apparently they are the only ones to service Fisher and Packel... but every single time I call, I get a busy signal. They say on their website that they don't have email because they want to keep it personable... that's very hard when I can't get a hold of you. So frustrating.

Due to the ice storm yesterday, our phones and internet in the whole neighbourhood went down from around 3 pm to 7 pm. We are definitely open and have been other than those 2 hours. Unfortunately those are circumstances beyond our control. Please try your calling again.

More about Home Appliance Care Inc

Please call 613. 822. 7630 for service, do not request service through this website. Serving Ottawa and the surrounding area since 1987, Home Appliance Care provides in-home inspections and service on almost all major brands of household electrical and gas appliances. While we specialize in high-end appliances, we are trained ...
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Home?