Castle Appliances Unlimited

Castle Appliances Unlimited

Reviews for Castle Appliances Unlimited

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Exceptional Service

Great service - they were able to diagnose my oven problem over the phone and offered me a solution that WORKED. They didn't have to come out to my house and there was no charge. Ryan was very helpful and was going to make himself available to come to my house on a Saturday so I didn't have to lose time from work. I would recommend this company and will use them myself next time. Big thanks to Castle Appliances - exceptional service.

Nice to hear. Ryan is definitely a valued employee, we are lucky to have good people working for us.
Thank-you

LG in
LG in

Great service

Arrived just as they were closing however Shane was kind enough to stick around on a Friday yet! and sell us a new microwave and trim kit. Good price, good service.

Hey you guys weren't supposed to mention I stayed late. Thank you for the kind words it was fun dealing with you.

Bred flink in Calgary
Bred flink in Calgary

Pros

These guys are pros, they know all the brands and you talk to repair and install guy before buying, unlike the box stores that dont have the time or knowledge

Thank you for the nice feed back. We appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Debbie in Calgary
Debbie in Calgary

Product

My 3 year old LG stove was having issues with the oven and was under warranty, I was dealing with LG for a couple of months and they were less than helpful.
Finally after contacting Castle appliances as I no longer had a working stove at all Both Wayne and Shane were extremely helpful in finding me a new stove that was a newer model for a really good price ( New Stove less the price of the original stove).
Very Thankful to them for getting me a new stove with in the week.

Thanks Debbie, sometimes having the middle man to run interference is what it takes to get things done.

sandy in Calgary
sandy in Calgary

Kitchen Renovation

I went early in morning to enquiry about Drawer microwave . Staff were very helpful and they give me lots of new and helpful information. They hold an item for me about 3 days.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate your feedback.

al from Calgary
al from Calgary

Danby

Disappointed with this company. Scheduling is terrible. They told me they cant come later than 3pm, but they put in a schedule at 5 to 7pm when they called...... I blocked my whole day not to go anywhere but just decided to come over at 5 to 7 instead

Carrie Newman from Calgary
Carrie Newman from Calgary

washing machine repair

Tuesday, February 10, 3:00 pm Was our service fime.

The company called in The morning to confirm appt window and the technician, Hans, was on time but at the wrong address. Thankfully I had been watching for him and called him over from the neighbors house. When he came in he did not introduce himself or remove his shoes.

I showed him where the washer was and told him error code it had been giving. He asked me to remove the wet clothing, which I did, and he complained about the smell of the wet clothing. He complained about the dogs who had followed us downstairs and I offered to take them upstairs and let him work but said I was avaialable if he needed anything. He came up a short time later to show me the clogged filter. I offered to clean it but he just dumped the stuff out and said he needed it right then so there was no time to clean it. My spouse came home then and went to speak to him and was advised that both the filter and pump were broken. Hans was almost finished the repair at that point and shortly after collected the fee including $100 just for dispatch (eeven my plumber charges less!)! but we paid it and were glad to have a working machine again. I went downstairs to put the wet load of clothing in the wash again to discover he had used my good roasting pan to drain the backed up water into and my sons white socks to wipe up grease (at no time did he ask for a bucket or rags) and that he had left all the garbage from the repair behind.

When I called Castle to voice my concerns they were polite and said they would speak to Hans, "but he is close to retirement so I probably wouldn't get him if I called again".

J Anderson in Calgary
J Anderson in Calgary

new products, repairs

Castle has been my appliance repair folks since 1991. They babysat my Mom's old washer/dryer for years. Died at 38 yrs. Pretty good, eh? They have taken care of all my appliances over the years. Even bought a new (perfect sized, handle on the side of door, not in front) basement frig from them that has been great to have. Latest purchase has been a super washer/dryer combo. Very durable mechanicals. I have been disappointed by the digitals and the damn manufacturer mother board costs for repair. Castle listened and understood I don't like replacing, I like to repair. They take good care of moi. :)

Theresa C Miller from Calgary
Theresa C Miller from Calgary

LG Dishwasher Repair

I called Castle Appliance to repair the door on my dishwasher. The dishwasher was working at the time. They sent out a technician who looked at the machine, said he would order the parts and return in a few days to complete the repair. When he left we discovered that the dishwasher had no power. I called Castle appliance to return but they said the parts would be in in a few days and they would return then, restore the power and fix the door. Then..nothing...I called about ten times during the next three weeks....they kept saying they would get back to me or worse yet they would set up appointments for the service technician and then cancel them with little warning. This went on for almost three weeks, until I became so angry I called the Manager to complain. Even then, they were slow to respond. they finally sent the technician out again with the parts. He told me I must had done something to disconnect the machine! He did repair the door and he did restore the power to the machine...grumbling the whole time. He lost a part ...and now he seemed to be blaming me for the part going missing. Then he said it was not important anyway! and he left.
Castle Appliance used to have a good service department...but no more. In fact that is why I purchased my appliances from Castle, I believed that they had a good service department. The service technician told me that the guys they have installing the appliances don't know what they are doing.
This was the worst customer service I think I have ever received. I would NOT recommend them for purchase or service of appliances.

tony g from Calgary
tony g from Calgary

GE Fridge Repair

In Dec 2012 we had the compressor and condensation pan on our fridge fail. It took until Jan 2013 to get the parts in. When the parts came in the technician was only able to install the compressor but not the condenser. Now two weeks later-water is still leaking from our fridge onto the floor and has not been repaired. Please come and repair it!! I've phoned three times and they keep on saying they haven't found out how to repair it yet. If so why order the part!! Why not ask another repairman??

REview update:eventually Castle did get the right parts and sent 2 repairment to finish the job. Fridge now works great-bu it took over 3 months to get the job properly done.

Review has 1 previous version

More about Castle Appliances Unlimited

Castle Appliances Unlimited has been serving the Calgary community since 1954. Having 7 licensed technicians to service most major brands, we pride ourselves in being a Customer Service oriented Appliance Dealer. At Castle Appliance Service we not only sell appliances, we service them too Our store is open Monday to ...
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Calgary?