Reviews for Simply Green

dskinn from Toronto
3 reviews Thunder Bay, ON

This past December 2017, it became very cold all across the country. In my part of the province of Ontario, we had windchills in the -40s. The furnace started having difficulty maintaining a consistent heat. Since it was the holidays, and I already knew I would have trouble getting service as long as the furnace seemed to be working, I just kept adjusting the thermostat to turn the heat back on when it would drop to 67 degrees. Finally, in January, I called Simply Green about the issue. She asked me to check the light on the furnace (it was green) and so she said it was probably an issue with the thermostat. Since they didn't install it, I would have to call another local furnace company to check it, which I did. The local company was here within the hour, checked the furnace and noticed that the pipe that goes outside was covered in ice. He said that the location, although it would meet the safety requirements (barely) was obvious not a good location since it was still very close to the gas line, and it should have been continued out and away from the house. He broke all the ice off the pipe, changed my thermostat for good measure (even though he could find nothing wrong with it to explain why the temperature wasn't being maintained) and made sure that the furnace was working at that time.
The next morning, we woke up to the house being 67 degrees again. I went to look at the light in the furnace, like the Simply Green lady told me to do, and now it was flashing red...four flashes, pause, four flashes. The furnace did heat up and the temperature went back to 70 but I was concerned about the red lights. I went down later and they were now flashing twice and pausing. I called Simply Green and she said that she would have someone call me later that night or the next day. That was on Jan. 3rd. No one has called yet.
I had to call on Friday night because the tankless water heater showed an error code. She was able to explain how I had to break the ice off the pipe outside, and while we waited, I asked about the red lights. She said that my brand of furnace has red lights and not to worry. I reminded her that it was usually green. She said she would have someone contact me. Still waiting.
My frustration has peaked and so I have decided to simply buy my furnace and water heater. Oh wait....I can't. Even though the sales person told me I was in a 7 year payment plan and could pay it off early, the contract says I am in a FIFTEEN year rental and the rumour seems to be that I will have to pay out the rental period!!!! Had anyone told me I was signing a rental agreement for 15 years that would increase by 3.5 % each year, I would never have signed anything. I just want to buy the equipment and have the right to use local repair companies when I have issues or need to get the furnace cleaned. Is that too much to ask? Is this company legit or not? Will they let this very unhappy customer go fairly?

James in Regina
1 review Regina, SK

The sales person was not truthfull at all. I was told I was buying a furnace for $7000. I later discovered that not 1 dollar I had paid into the furnace had gone towards the cost. Upon asking why I was told all payments are rental fees. The furnace must be bought after the fact for an extra $8000. I fought with them for many months and in the end they came and took the Furnace, I thought. Now it is 9 months later. Simply green is still trying to take money from me and also trying to harm my credit. I do not own the house the furnace was installed in and more importantly I do not have a simply green Furnace. Again no house, no furnace for 9 months and still being charged every month. I have tried to talk to simply green but they won't say anything other than "we will wreck your credit"

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about us. We take your feedback very seriously and are so sorry to hear that you are not fully satisfied with your experience with Simply Green Home Services. We want to let you know that we appreciate your post to our page because to us, any feedback, good or bad, helps us improve our service levels. It is our top priority to keep our clients happy, and provide them different options, should for any reason, their current program doesn’t work out. Please call our Client Services team at 1-800-764-5138 to discuss your options.

Thanks, Simply Green

Tina Wenxin in Toronto

I have paid for more than 11k in total to get all of my water heater, furnace and air conditioner but the service was a disaster.

The Furnace took twice to finish and the technician for second time didnt show up or respond my call and even company doent know what happened and I have to wait for him to contact me after several days later.

Sales lady promises me that the whole old water tank, and other equipment would be removed by their technician and they will deal with the previous company but they never did. I was charged by Reliance for almost a year after that. I called the company and they told me the are not responsible for any of those things promised by the sales.

Finally I got the buyout invoice myself and sent to them. NO response or update for more than 2 months. I called for more than 10 times and NO customer service can provide me update, and they promise to call me back or email me back but never did. I also followed up by email for almost 5 times and no one replies me.

Dont use this company if you expect any further survices. They just get their money and disregard their customers.

Thanks,

1 review Edmonton, AB

Worst company to get your furnace from ,they were very quick to install the furnace even on a holiday (before the customer can change mind ) ,when i tried to get the city permit ,city did not approve the furnace as it was not installed properly ,i requested simply green to fix the problem ,its been 4 months they have been driving me crazy by telling me some technician is coming on this date and nobody shows up,i call and given another date,nothing happens again,whenever i call the agent have no idea about my order or what they should do ,i have to repeat whole story every time i call,they even tell me that they will find out what is going on and call me back same day but nobody calls ,i end up calling again same cycle starts,furnace remains the same ,now i dont think anybody will actually come and fix the problem so I am going to talk to a lawyer to get their furnace removed and make them pay for damages as a faulty furnace have no use to me,HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED !!!!
DO NOT SIGN UP WITH SIMPLY GREEN,worst experience !!!

Thanks,

Kathryn Wellen

Since it’s been years since I had to buy a new water heater, I wasn’t sure what to get. My neighbor recommended that I call Simply Green and get some help. They sent out a pro who took a look at my old heater, asked some questions about our water usage, and came up with a suggestion.

My new heater provides all the hot water I could want and my utility costs are lower than they’ve been in years. Thanks Simply Green for getting my retirement years off to a great start!

Hello Kathryn,
Thankyou so much for your positive review! We take pride in our work and strive for excellence and innovation. We are humbled that you chose us--on recommendation, and hope that you’ll continue to do so in future!
-Simply Green

Jim Antoine
1 review Edmonton, AB

All good things must come to an end and that’s what happened with my old water heater. Since I had never purchased a new one before, knowing where to start was a little hard. A coworker suggested I call Simply Green and see what they could do. They could not have been nicer or more helpful. A pro came out and we talked about what I needed and compared a couple of options. The upshot is they had the old heater out in no time, the new one in place, and had conducted a complete check to make sure everything was fine. If I ever need another water heater, you can guess who I’ll call!

Thank you very much Jim, we are glad we could help you out. We hope to provide you great service in the future as well.

Kathrine Thayer

After we talked it over, our decision was to keep our house but spend some money to make sure it was completely comfortable before we retired. With five years to go, that meant replacing some things, including our heating and cooling system immediately so it would be paid in full before we had to get by on our pensions.

Simply Green had the ideal solution for us. Along with a system that had all the features we wanted, it would also cost less to operate. We could even have it paid for long before our retirement dates rolled around! Now we sing the praises of Simply Green to anyone who will listen.

I'm glad we could fit within your retirement plan! If you need help with any other home service feel free to give us a call

Cheryl Cain

My luck with heating and cooling companies has not been the best. In fact, I had rather low expectations when I called Simply Green about installing a new system. They pleasantly surprised me with the thorough job they did and how they made sure I got the best system for what I could afford.

But that’s not the whole story. There was a minor hiccup with the system a few weeks after the installation. Expecting a runaround, I called and reported the issue. They confirmed it was covered under the guarantee and had someone out the same day! Never in my life have I dealt with a company that made things so simple. Great job!

Thank you for the kind words Cheryl, we do our best to make sure very job is simple!

Stacey in Cambridge
1 review Cambridge, ON

Simply Green came to my house and let me know that my air in my house wasn't great because of my pets, so I had them install a new HEPA air filter and it makes a HUGE difference. My air is cleaner and I even sleep better. The installers were quick, friendly, and the rental program is really easy for me.

Hello Stacey ! Glad to hear that everything is working out flawlessly for you ! If you have any friends or family you'd like to refer please give us a call and we'll get you a couple months free on your equipment

dskinn from Toronto
3 reviews Thunder Bay, ON

Over a year and a half ago, I had Simply Green install a new furnace and water heater into my house. I won't go into the story, but it was a chaotic disaster that took quite a bit of emails and calls to get a solution, that involved a threat of fines for improper installation, and a motor that was so noisy that you couldn't sleep. This was all happening in Dec and Jan when temperatures in this area get to below -40 at times! Everything was resolved to my satisfaction, but I knew that I would have trouble trusting them in the future.
Jump to today. I called to find out what I had to do to get my furnace cleaned. I am on a rental program and when I signed up, I was told that someone would come out once a year to clean and check the furnace. When I asked about that service today, I was told that I had a warranty program and not a maintenance program and that getting my furnace cleaned and serviced, was NOT PART OF MY RENTAL AGREEMENT. Then the gentleman told me that as long as I changed my filter every TWO YEARS, I would be fine. OK, clearly this guy is an I d I o t--a filter in a furnace for two years would be so filthy as to be useless and hazardous, and anyone who deals with furnaces knows that filters have a MUCH shorter shelf life in a furnace. He also told me that I would have to sign up for a maintenance plan (at an additional cost) to what I am already paying monthly to have the furnace.
He then told me to find someone in town to check and clean the furnace. Of course, if anything happens while they do it, it could void the warranty that I have on the furnace!!!

Hello Dskinn, It seems like you got stuck in a worst case scenario. Please make sure to change your air filter every 3 months, and if there are any issues with the equipment please feel free to give us a call ,performance issues , major issues, or if the unit is making odd noises. We're here for you . We don't service the equipment yearly because the cost to do that nationwide is incredibly high, instead we have emergency priority service available so if any issues do arise, we're there incredibly fast.

I'd like to do my best to make you happy, or just satisfied with everything as well as answer any more concerns. Please call me at 1800 764 5138 ext 1 , and ask for Alex. I'd be more then happy to clarify everything else

More about Simply Green

Simply Green Home Services was founded on the premise of helping Canadian Homeowners increase their home’s energy efficiency and subsequently reduce energy consumption without sacrificing their quality of life or living standards. My Simply Green offers a wide range of options to help you get you equipped with reliable, top-quality, high efficiency heating and cooling. We don’t want you to ever have to worry about not having a comfortable living environment or readily-available hot water. The satisfaction of everyone who joins the Simply Green family is our top priority, and we will strive to keep the high level of satisfaction for many years after you join. We are constantly growing our Technical and Support teams in order to make sure there will always be someone to provide the personal service you deserve.