This has been the WORST experience I've ever had in the service industry. We are renting a tankless hot water heater for about $55 per month. The term of the contract is way too long (in hindsight) and the buyout agreement is completely egregious - the conditions should be outlawed by our Ministry of Consumer Affairs.
1) I'm a dummy (Caveat Emptor) and didn't do the math on the life of the rental contract - but we're paying THOUSANDS more than the equipment and installation is worth over the life of the stifling contract AND we can't touch it or allow anyone else to touch it without voiding whatever warranty the equipment has.
2) The fact no one else can touch it means for any renovations - Simply Green needs to move it for you. The issue here is they are taking significant economic advantage of this situation to my detriment and further, are now causing delays in my project - and costing me more money/aggravation.
3) They are taking DAYS just to respond to emails.
4) They want $1150 for a $600 job (as quoted from 2 other independent contractors).
5) Their technician gave me a verbal estimate in about December of $400-$500 but now tells Simply Green he never told me that.
6) I've been on them now for about 4 months - and it's still not moved.
7) One of the contractors who quoted the job for me has told me the initial installation was not done to code and if it's not corrected when he comes back, he's obligated to red tag the device - and Simply Green has done nothing to date to move the device and fix the problems related to Code.
8) They actually did make a service appointment with me last year before any of the above occurred and then never showed up for the appointment. Nor did they call back to apologize for that or try to rectify the situation.
9) When I read their responses to other negative reviews, my actual experience is SO FAR removed from what they are portraying publicly, my breath gets taken away. I simply don't believe or trust them. What a poor and incongruous working relationship we have as a basis to do business moving forward.