Hey Handyman Services

Reviews for Hey Handyman Services

Lesley in Toronto
Lesley in Toronto

Multiple home projects

Jeff does fantastic work, stays within budget, and leaves the job site cleaner than he found it! He's reliable and thorough. Over the years he's done an installation of IKEA kitchen cabinets, replaced my rotting front steps, and did a mini-reno of my bathroom.

Lesley,

thanks for the review.

I appreciate your ability to make decisions quickly when it comes to defining the scope of work to be done & any small changes required. It makes for an efficient & enjoyable time to complete the job.

Jillian in Toronto
Jillian in Toronto

Renovation, handyman work

Jeff has done a lot of jobs for us over the years, and we have been very happy with his work. Some are small, such as fixing a curtain rod that was rugged out of plaster, and others are large, such as when he removed a wall and renovated our bedroom.
Jeff is quick to respond to inquiries, and is very personable.
I highly recommend Hey Handyman Services to anyone.

Jillian,

thanks for the kind, positive words. I know you are very busy these days so taking the time to write a review means a lot to me.

It's always a pleasure to help you & your family maintain your home.

Kind regards,

S_Tse in Toronto
S_Tse in Toronto

Shower tile repair and drywall

There was a leaking coming from my shower going through downstairs to the basement. I had a plumber come look at the issue and opened up some walls and found that it was not a plumbing issue rather a shower tile issue. My plumber recommended Jeff as he seen his work from other projects he's had and said he does a great job.

Jeff came to look at the issue and found the source of my problem and gave me a quote. He was very accommodating to my schedule and did an amazing job with tiling new tiles to my shower wall and patching up my drywall. I would definitely recommend Jeff for any repairs or small renovation projects as he's friendly, does a good job and doesn't mind my dog bothering him while he worked.

S_Tse,

thanks for the feedback and review. I pride myself on finding solutions to homeowner's maintenance issues. I'm glad it all worked out. You and your family were very hospitable to me and your dog made my work more enjoyable.

Pamela from Leslieville
Pamela from Leslieville

SEAMLESS DRYWALL REPAIR, PLASTER, AND PAINT

After my plumber repaired a major leak in the main stack, he referred me to this company. The job involved drywall repairs with blocking to tie in to the old lath and plaster. Jeff is an excellent communicator who uses a contact form to secure bookings and follow up. He scheduled around my work deadlines and house cleaners (#plasterdust), and he sent a courtesy message the night before to confirm. He arrived on time, presentable, and ready to work. Then he carefully covered the work area in drop cloths and laid out his tools. With three applications of plaster, plus drying time and sanding, then primer and paint, he had cautioned me ahead of time that he might need to return the next day to complete the job. Thanks to his tricks of the trade, he got it done in one go, about seven hours total. Extras: When he arrived, he shovelled my walkway without being asked. For the estimate, we decided that he'd just paint over the patches, but we agreed that it would look better if he did the whole wall and the bathroom ceiling—and he only upcharged a little for that. While waiting for various coats to dry, he repainted a baseboard that my previous contractor had done in the wrong shade and hung some hooks in the broom closet, again, for a minimal charge. I'll 100 per cent hire him again—soon! (Life in a wee detached 1908 house in Leslieville.)

Pamela,

thanks for the kind words & positive feedback. It was a pleasure meeting you and addressing some of your home repair & maintenance needs. I'm glad we got so much done in one day. Look forward to further helping you out in the future.

Dry wall project

Jeff was able to complete our drywall job in a tricky stairwell with ease! Great job! We were pleased with his professionalism and quality at a reasonable price. Thank you!

Thank you for the review. Providing the proper framing prior to drywalling was the key for long lasting quality and durability. It was a pleasure working with you.

mairi_babb from Toronto
mairi_babb from Toronto

Drywall/paint basement, new deck, fix kitchen sink

We hired Jeff to refinish a room in the basement where we had some mould remediation done and build us a new deck and figure out why our sink kept backing up. His work was meticulous and detail-oriented and his problem solving is really impressive. A hundred year old house has many stories and contributors in its life and he worked around and improved many of the "quirks" he encountered. He's fun to have around but works diligently never wasting time chatting. Our new cedar deck is absolutely beautiful. The sink took some figuring, but Jeff was not defeated by it and saved us a costly plumber visit. He takes what you ask him to do and does it better than you knew you wanted - but never without a full and detailed estimate of all possible costs involved. He was also happy to answer my clueless questions and explain what he's doing and why. I can't recommend Hey Handyman enough.

Mairi, it has been a pleasure helping the two of you address some of your home needs. Thanks for the positive feedback.

By the way, all questions are good questions. 🙂

Tiffany in Toronto
Tiffany in Toronto

Various jobs

Jeff spent two days working on various jobs around my place (recaulking our shower, tightening our cupboards, fixing a door frame, patching and painting walls, installing towel racks, etc.). He was punctual, friendly and very respectful of our small space cleaning as he went. Jeff worked efficiently and was great at multi-tasking to ensure everything was done in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend him to anyone needing some help around their homes!

Tiffany,

it was a pleasure to meet you and help you address all your current repair and maintenance needs at your place. I truly enjoy working on a variety of different jobs around the home. Thanks for the nice feedback.

dphawke1 in Toronto
dphawke1 in Toronto

Insulation, drywall and flooring repairs

Jeff replaced water damaged drywall in 3 areas; added insulation and a vapour barrier in the attic and on the main stack; prepared water damaged floor for new flooring; caulked interior cracks and exterior gaps to reduce cold air infiltration and caulked around bathroom pedestal sinks. Jeff took time to talk to us and address other questions and concerns we had about future jobs. He worked very hard, was efficient and always did a good job of cleaning up at the end of each job. All of his work was completed very professionally and at a good price. We would highly recommend him to family and friends. Thank you Jeff. Dale and Steve

Dale & Steve,

thanks for the positive review & feedback. By identifying & resolving the root cause of your heat loss upstairs/frozen pipes, I'm sure you two will feel a significant improvement in comfort as well as some reduced heating costs.

Ceiling repairs

We needed three ceilings fixed in our 90plus year-old house and based on a recommendation from our plumber, engaged Jeff to do the work. We have been impressed by his professionalism from start to finish and would not hesitate to engage him for further repairs. He is careful, competent and cheerful and his work is exemplary.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm glad the ceilings worked out so well - they should last for another 90 years. 🙂. You were great to work for. Thanks for the teas.

Stephanie from Toronto
Stephanie from Toronto

Drywall repair after main stack leak disaster

We had to have a cast iron stack replaced in our basement. This was done by a plumber. Then the corner around it and the adjacent wall had to be repaired, so we called Hey Handyman. Jeff had to add some 2 x 2s to make a solid frame for the drywall, then put all the insulation and vapour barrier, etc. back against the basement stone foundation. He cut and replaced marble tile to continue the existing baseboard, then painted that section of wall to match the rest of the room. This he did so neatly, it looks as if nothing had ever happened in that spot. He also noticed that grout was missing around a shower and finished that for us
at minimal charge. He cleaned up more completely than many people who've worked on our house. We appreciated every aspect of our
interactions with Jeff!
We have gone on to ask Jeff to complete 2 more repair jobs and these too were finished promptly and with his usual attention to detail.

Stephanie,

thanks for the positive feedback. It was a pleasure to address all of your residential repair & maintenance issues, especially the basement bathroom wall section.

More about Hey Handyman Services

East Toronto residential maintenance and repair specialist with 15 years experience in interior and exterior handyman type activities. Serving east Toronto, East York, North York, Scarborough (including The Beach, Upper Beach, Leaside, Bluffs, Leslieville, Rosedale)
Looking for Handyman Services pros in Toronto?