Home Automation
Alarm Systems

Reviews for Total Home Technologies

jmw12
jmw12

Speakers and amp purchase and installation

403-452-0136
Calgary
AB
T2X 3X2

Don at Total Home Entertainment provided excellent service installing a Sonos Playbar, wall mounting 2 TV’s, and installing a Connect Amp. He takes the time to ensure everything is set up correctly and working befor he leaves and contacts you after the installation to make sure you happy with the products. Would have no hesitation using him for our future work.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for the awesome review! We hope you enjoy the additions to your Sonos multi-room audio system. It was a pleasure working with you again and thanks for your continuing support.

regina.corrigan
regina.corrigan

We had a new audio system installed.

This is the second project Don has done for us. On both occasions he has surpassed our expectations. The product supplied is easy to use and suits our requirements perfectly. The service was tremendous. My husband and I have challenging schedules and Don makes it easy for us. We very much appreciate his professionalism and will continue using him for all of our home entertainment needs.

Hello Regina,

Thank you for the awesome review! We hope you enjoy your new Sonos multi-Room audio system. It was a pleasure working with you again and thanks for your continuing support.

Len
Len

New 4k receiver and Apple TV streaming

Don came out to disconnect my old receiver and install the new Yamaha receiver and Apple TV streaming device. Now we can watch Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Apple TV. Our old system did not have the capability. Don is very knowledgeable and did a great job setting up the system and reprograming the controller and remote to allow us to select the media via a single remote. This is the second time I have used Total Home Entertainment and highly recommend their services.

Hello Len,

Always a pleasure working with you. We hope you enjoy watching your favorite shows with your new setup. Thank you for your continuing support!

halwolf
halwolf
1 review Cochrane, AB

Install of digital projection unit in home theatre.

Consultation, supply and install of home theatre digital projector and Yale plus nest automatic door opening system. Excellent service reliable and on time. Great detail was paid to little details transition was seem less.

Thank you Hal. We are pleased to hear that everything went as planned and that you were happy with the install process from beginning to end. As always, if you have any questions, please let us know.
Crysta Olson

Susan in Calgary
Susan in Calgary

Security System Upgrade

In December, Total Home Entertainment did an excellent job of replacing our old home theatre projector. When our 14-year old security system recently failed, we did not hesitate to contact Don. Within a week we had a new security panel, keypad and door contacts. Once again we are very happy with the quality of product and service we received and would highly recommend Total Home Entertainment.

Hello Susan,
Thank you for your kind words. We enjoyed working with you to get your upgraded system back online.
If you ever have any questions, please let us know and we would be happy to help.
Crysta Olson
Total Home Entertainment

Home Office and Home Theatre

403-452-0136
Calgary
AB
T2X 3X2

Firstly, I'd like to thank the users of this website for their prior reviews which encouraged us to reach out to Don and his team. From first interaction to completion of our projects, Don and his computer technician Chris were very responsive and helpful. We had two projects: (i) a reconfiguration and replacement of our home office computer and related systems (including home wifi, complex cable management and so forth); and (ii) a basement theatre retrofit project including installation of a big screen projector.

Don and Chris met with us and, without obligation or pressure, walked us through various options and recommendations always being conscious of the costs involved. After much dithering (on our part), we selected systems based on their suggestions. We were pleased that in a number of instances they suggested we acquire the necessary equipment (including the places to purchase from) ourselves. In each case, we were supplied with very detailed quotes.

Once the project started, it was completed in a very efficient manner and to the specification and price agreed upon. We greatly appreciate Don and Chris' assistance and are very pleased with the results.

Hello Sunil,

It was great meeting with you and working with you on these projects. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our work and hope you enjoy your new system.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Private User reviews Chestermere, AB

Great service, awesome products

Don at Total Home Entertainment has completed several projects in my home including Lutron lighting and Sonos for our sound system. Don brings with him the necessary equipment and knowledge to complete the job ,and understands the value of patient, customer service In so many cases, dealing with a technical professional can be daunting and intimidating, making conversation difficult and leaving the customer with more questions than answers. This doesn't happen with Total Home Entertainment. Don is patient, approachable and will take whatever time is necessary to educate his clients.

Hello Francis,

Thank you for the wonderful review. It has been a pleasure working with you on multiple renovations. We hope you enjoy your home automation and Lutron RadioRA2 lighting systems. We're sure you'll find the automation and lighting system will provide you with safety and convenience for years to come. We look forward to working with you on future projects.

GA in Calgary
GA in Calgary

Addition to existing system

I had them install home system last year and was very happy. i had them come back last month to add more zones to the entertainment system, add another security camera, integrate the security system, and add a turn table to the media system. They showed up when they said they would. Did the work on the time line promised. Came in under budget. Would highly recommend them.

Hello Greg,

Thank you very much for the review. It was a pleasure working with you once again. We hope you enjoy your new outdoor patio speakers and turn table integration for years to come. We look forward to working with you on future projects as well. Cheers.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Home Audio and Security

Don and John are professional, attentive, and efficient workers. They have a lot of knowledge about multiple products and make great recommendations. Don was able to explain and instruct clearly and with simple terms for easy application.

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We hope you enjoy your whole home music and basement media system for years to come. While your new security system keeps your home safe and sound. We look forward to working with you on future projects.

Kerry in Calgary
Kerry in Calgary

New Home (full A/V integration) with questionable results

I am not prone to providing reviews and given the high ratings others have provided, I can honestly say, my experience was less than satisfactory.

My background is in Computer Science with 25 years of experience managing large IT projects.

I retained this company over one year ago to design and install a fully-wired, integrated system comprised of an ELAN hub, 6 audio zones with in-ceiling speakers, 2 Sonos connect amps and 3 dedicated video sources, multi-wifi hot spots. Services with this firm were terminated in Feb, 2018.

In all due respect, I believe this person has good intentions and would be great for 'small' component based, audio (Sonos based) or APPLE TV type installs. IMHO, for large integrated IP-based systems (>$20k), less so.

I opted to use this integrator based on HomeStars ratings only. He wasn't my first choice, but a Technical integrator i had used previously had since relocated and I was somewhat constrained given the phase of our new house construction.

My BIG mistake was to not obtain references of similar (full house integration type jobs). Nor to confirm that what he sold he was experienced enough to deliver.

To cut to the chase, I took a chance on this small firm. Early on, several clues had me doubt my decision. I only wish i would've cut the chord earlier.

Issues we experienced: 1) he asked to be paid for the job in full, before installing/configuring any major components, right after the wiring phase; 2) he started my job, then after a few weeks claimed\ to not have a signed contract and because his quote was very vague it lead to confusion when design changes were discussed in mid-stream; 3) i was constantly trouble shooting after each site visit and often sharing numerous descriptive emails outlining the problems he had not resolved when on site; 4) he arbitrarily changed expensive equipment (with desired features) without my permission; 5) many of the custom cable ends he sourced are of low quality and are not properly soddered/spliced, leading to sporadic connectivity issues; 6) his wiring throughout the home was not well designed nor according to spec (no conduits used, some cables are not terminated at the stack; 7) the cable that did end at the stack was poorly labeled and in some cases improperly configured (sloppy, spaghetti wiring was how one observer described it); 8) NO surge protection at the stack leaving my very expensive equipment at risk; 9) post-project services were outrageously expensive; and, 10) his availability to respond to support issues was at times limited (an issue when your system does not work right after a service call).

After several mishaps, I decided to part ways. However this was more difficult than i expected as the system he sold me was a proprietary ELAN system (which gives him exclusive configuration rights), and before releasing his services, I had to obtain ELAN approval to change my integrator. I carefully researched my security risks and obtained two independent system integration audits of two highly regarded firms in the city. Firms who by the way have a proven track record in repairing problems created by other small time firms. This project was no exception. I dished out an additional $3k to properly wire, terminate, and configure my system.

With so many small technical integration firms today, buyer beware...

Hello Kerry, We are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your project from November 2016.
We pride ourselves in maintaining the highest quality standards for our clients and as you can see from the majority of our reviews, we are very knowledgeable in all areas and sizes of home automation projects we take on.
We are concerned to see that you feel that our standard work practices were not applied to your project in various forms including Elan integration, payment requests, improper equipment/installation or lack thereof. Please feel certain knowing that these concerns are unsound and we would be happy to provide you with any additional information and/or including payment, equipment and installation invoices for your records.
Excellent customer service is something we strive for in each project we complete. When we spoke 7 months after the project was completed, it was mentioned that everything was working great and all issues had been resolved. Of course when working with technology, there can be hiccups along the way however, we would never leave a client with an incomplete system and do everything we can to resolve issues quickly.
Please feel free to contact us personally to further discuss any issues regarding this project.

More about Total Home Technologies

Home technology is our passion! Total Home Technnologies has designed and installed numerous home automation and home theatre systems throughout the Alberta area. Our exceptional product lines combined with our highly experienced staff allow us to design and deliver the system of your dreams. From a single family room LED TV to a state-of-the-art fully automated dwelling, Total Home Technologies is ready to pursue any project.

Total Home Entertainment designs, installs and programs systems for residential & commercial spaces. Automated lighting with shades and drapery control, home automation, home theatre and media rooms, whole home audio / video distribution, advanced home networking, advanced security systems, video surveillance, structured wiring and much more is just some of what we can do.

Areas Served: Calgary, Okotoks, Cochrane, Bearspaw, DeWinton, Chestermere, Airdrie, Canmore and all surrounding areas.

Certifications and Awards: