Home Automation

Reviews for Total Home Technologies

Steve in Douglasdale in Calgary
Steve in Douglasdale in Calgary

Professional & Quality Installation & Service

In January 2018, my once high-end BOSE stereo system failed after nineteen years. It was both a disappointment (costly initial investment) and a blessing (new setup and equipment). Due to the existing complexity of my A/V setup and in-ceiling speakers throughout the house, I was not able to switch out a stereo system and needed an expert to review and resolve the issues. I performed extensive research in the Calgary marketplace, reviewed online consumer accolades and complaints, and checked out what BBB had to say.

At the top of my list was Total Home Entertainment who proved to be both professional and knowledgeable. My contact provided a no-pressure consultation in which I gave him the business to setup a new receiver and rewire existing A/V cables on multiple levels of the house. The expertise and prompt services provided were worthy of the quote and no surprises came about. During the service visit – I solicited his expertise on replacing the dated BOSE speakers. As for the blessing I referred to earlier, I am now the happy owner of several Monitor Audio components and a Denon receiver. At the end of two service and installation calls, Total Home Entertainment provided the time and effort needed to educate me on how to operate the new system. A few days later, Total Home Entertainment followed up to ensure I was satisfied with the services offered, as well as with the equipment purchased.
It is now two months later and I am still very happy that I randomly found Total Home Entertainment in my research. I would definitely call on Total Home Entertainment again for future work, and recommend this company for installation, service repairs, and product offerings.

Hello Steven,

Thank you for the awesome review! We thank you for your support and look forward to working with you in the future.

Lindsay in Prince George
Lindsay in Prince George

Exceptional quality and service

T2X 3X2

Total Home Entertainment offers exceptional service from start to finish. This is the second time I’ve used them for my home technology needs and they consistently provide high quality products and services at a more than reasonable rate. Don was professional, punctual and highly knowledgeable. Thank you again to Don and the team at Total Home Entertainment.

Hello Lindsay,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Ahmed in Toronto
Ahmed in Toronto

Mount TV with outlet reallocation.

Very professional, quick and looks great. Communication was very prompt in giving a quote and making arrangements. Would highly recommend for small or large jobs. Thanks for doing a great job.

Thank you for the kind review Ahmed. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with Total Home Entertainment. Please let us know if you require any assistance moving forward and thank you again.

Susan in Calgary
Susan in Calgary

Home Theatre Update

We recently decided to update our 14 year old home theatre projector. After reading all of the positive reviews, we called Total Home Entertainment at the beginning of December. Don responded quickly and provided a detailed written estimate, keeping in mind our budget. We are thrilled with our new projector and universal remote and the fact that Don made a special effort to have it installed before the Christmas holidays. He followed up with us a couple of weeks after installation to see how everything was going and even stopped by to add our son’s PS4 to the remote. Don was at all times very personable, knowledgeable and professional. We highly recommend Total Home Entertainment.

Hello Susan,

Thank you for the kind review. We are very happy to hear that your upgraded system is working wonderfully and that you were able to enjoy it over the Christmas holidays. As always, please let us know if you need any assistance moving forward and we thank you again.

Aaron White from Calgary
Aaron White from Calgary

Home AV/Security/Lights

We had Don install a six zone sound system which included two home theatre surround set-ups (Sonos), automated lighting and a home security system. The system integration is seamless and very easy to use. Don recommended a perfect system to suit our needs and his crew provided professional service.

We would highly recommend Don for any AV/security install.

Thank you so much for the awesome review. From the team here at Total Home Entertainment, we hope you enjoy your home automation and entertainment system for years to come.

Mike in Calgary
Mike in Calgary

Home Automation

T2X 3X2

We recently moved into our new infill in Calgary that had been wired for speakers and a security system. After researching online and seeing the outstanding reviews for Total Home Entertainment, we contacted Don for a quote. From the get go, Don was extremely responsive and thorough.

Don and his team installed and configured multiple TVs, multiple lighting and audio zones, a home security system (including video), and a home theatre system for us and we couldn't be happier. Throughout the whole process, Don kept us well informed.

We would definitely recommend Don and the team at Total Home Automation and will certainly do business with them in the future as our home automation needs grow.

Hello Mike. Thank you for the awesome review. It was a pleasure working with you.. We hope you enjoy your home automation and whole home entertainment system for years to come.

Luke in Calgary
Luke in Calgary

Wireless Home Audio System Installation

T2X 3X2

Don and Total Home Entertainment do excellent work. The communication was superb and work was completed on very quick turnaround.

Couldn't be happier with the installation and way the system (Sonos) is working so far. Don located an ideal spot to place the receiver and the install was seamless/perfect.

Also helped to configure the system and made sure we knew how to use it. 10/10 and would highly recommend.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for the awesome review. We hope you enjoy your multi-room audio system for years to come. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Stan in Calgary
Stan in Calgary

New Home Multi-Zone Media including Home Theater

T2X 3X2

We hired Total Home Entertainment to install a media system into our new house. Don worked to understand what we wanted and further clarified what we would do ourselves vs what we wanted him to do. The quote that he put together was thorough and detailed enough to understand what we were getting and why. Because components were readily available, we were able to schedule a relatively quick installation date. Don's crew showed up the days as scheduled at roughly the promised time. Due to the complex nature of the installation, there were some technical difficulties encountered. However, Don continued to work at the issues and eventually resolved the problems. The system does everything that was promised and our cost was exactly as quoted. Don has continued to follow up post job to ensure we are happy and has made adjustments to the system as we learn more of its capabilities. I highly recommend Total Home Entertainment.

Hello Stan,

Thank you very much for the awesome review. It was a pleasure working with you, We hope you enjoy your new home automation system for years to come.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Home audio system, home theatre

We purchased a new home that had built in speakers throughout, but no system. We hired Total Home Entertainment to install a multi-zone Sonos system and a 4k home theatre with 5.1 surround sound. These projects are always trickier when done after a home is finished, but Don and his crew did a terrific job! The work was completed on time and on budget. Not only that, but when our Samsung TV malfunctioned, it was replaced the next day. I have used other home theatre companies for similar projects, and can say without question that Don's work is first class in every aspect.

Hello Rick,

Thank you for the awesome review. It was a pleasure doing business with you and we look forward to working with you on future projects.

Debbie
Debbie

Basement Renovation

Total Home Entertainment has completed several projects in my home and I wouldn't even think of looking elsewhere for my home theatre/audio-video or automation needs. I can always count on Don to not only arrive on time, but to bring with him the necessary equipment and knowledge to complete the job quickly, professionally and accurately. His customer service is second to none; in so many cases, dealing with a technical professional can be daunting and intimidating, making conversation difficult and leaving the customer with more questions than answers. This simply doesn't happen with THE..Don is patient, approachable and very knowledgeable and will take whatever time is necessary to thoroughly educate his clients...that alone is worth a 5 star rating!

Our most recent project involved a Lutron installation as part of our whole basement renovation and I now have a custom designed lighting system that operates seamlessly with the push of a button. I have ambiance for entertaining or watching movies, automated lighting when I enter my garage and the ability to manually adjust my lighting needs when the situation arises. Lutron is convenient, quiet, and integrated with a fully functional mobile app...it works so well I cannot imagine going to back to a traditional lighting system and Total Home Entertainment installed this gem for me perfectly with no hiccups or issues.

FIVE STARS TO DON AND TOTAL HOME ENTERTAINMENT. START AND STOP RIGHT HERE FOR ALL YOUR AUTOMATION, NETWORKING AND THEATRE NEEDS.

Hello Debbie,

Thank you very much for the awesome review. It's always a pleasure working with you and introducing new technology into your home. We look forward to your continuing support and working on future projects with you.

More about Total Home Technologies

Home technology is our passion! Total Home Technnologies has designed and installed numerous home automation and home theatre systems throughout the Alberta area. Our exceptional product lines combined with our highly experienced staff allow us to design and deliver the system of your dreams. From a single family room LED TV to a state-of-the-art fully automated dwelling, Total Home Technologies is ready to pursue any project.

Total Home Entertainment designs, installs and programs systems for residential & commercial spaces. Automated lighting with shades and drapery control, home automation, home theatre and media rooms, whole home audio / video distribution, advanced home networking, advanced security systems, video surveillance, structured wiring and much more is just some of what we can do.

Areas Served: Calgary, Okotoks, Cochrane, Bearspaw, DeWinton, Chestermere, Airdrie, Canmore and all surrounding areas.

Certifications and Awards: