Distinctive Interlocking

Reviews for Distinctive Interlocking

Pierre in Toronto
Pierre in Toronto

Does not finish the job

Asked this company to repair concrete stairs and put a retaining wall. Some stairs became loose within a week. Called Ryan, their main guy, he said he would come back and fix. He never showed up. After many attempts over more than a year, even during off season to give him a chance to fix it, he still promises to show up on a specific date and doesn't. We have children and elderly parents and loose steps are unsafe. These guys are keen on getting paid immediately but they will never stand by their work once paid.

Tolga
Tolga

Backyard patio - several issues with stairs

Constantly mislead me when he would do the job (constantly late when he did arrive). He messed up on my stairs and when he did come to fix it, he used a different type of stone that had rust on it. He said he would fix it but after multiple text messages and phone calls, he has never showed up.

In addition, when I went to get railings put onto the stairs they were not able to properly install them as some of the stones were not properly glued down. Causing me to incur additional expenses. He even mis-measured the entire job and demanded me to pay more for his employee’s mistake.

Overall terrible experience and wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

I fixed ur steps 3 times and u were charged more money cause u upgraded ur brick and coping was fixed 3 times and u can't glue block because it needs to move !

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Interlocking Patio Extension

We selected this company based on the HomeStars reviews which is something we do not take lightly. The initial contact, proposal and booking seemed to go fairly smoothly, although not without constant follow up.... understandable based on the busyness of the season. Our project was squeezed in between other jobs which we appreciated. The patio extension from far away looks great. Although I feel we paid quite a bit because it was a "rush" job. Since completion of the job at the very beginning of June, we have had pretty much no response from the crew. A couple of weeks after the completion of the job, the edges of the patio began to come apart, and we have some sinking in a few areas. We had been assured that if we needed touch ups, we would have no problem getting them done. WRONG. It's been 5 months. Nothing. So now we have found someone new to fix the shoddy workmanship in the spring. I now know not to believe everything I read in these reviews nor should I take anyone's word. So disappointed.

Don't call anyone text me we will get this fixed in the next 2 weeks

SP in Georgetown
SP in Georgetown
1 review Halton Hills, ON

Lack of follow-up service and communication

Ryan was very prompt with his initial quote, responses and promises and also started the work on time (end of Aug). However a week later we were advised that the stone was delayed and this pushed the project. Ryan and his team did not show up and I was advised that they had started another job as there was no stone. Everyday promises continued. Finally the stone arrived a week later and the team was active to get the work done. The work was done well but I found that they rushed the ending and filled the polymeric sand knowing that it was going to rain the same day. It actually started raining as they were doing it but still continued. Hence, the sand on the driveway did not set and started to wash off. Ryan did come back and washed the driveway and re-sanded it but it did not hold. He advised me that it was a problem with the sand and that he had contacted someone from the company where he had purchased the sand and that they were sending someone to check the problem but till date no one has showed up.
We also realised that there is a drainage problem in our backyard and though Ryan spotted it, he did not suggest us putting a weeping tile but recommended we contact the city as it was the neighbours problem. Turns out it is our problem and I am still waiting for Ryan to get this work done.
Anyways, despite all the text, phone calls and efforts to reach Ryan, I am still waiting for him to fix the driveway sand and backyard step and drain problem. Ryan and his team are good with their work and committed only till they get paid. But their after sales or honouring the warranty is not something they care about or value. If you decide to use their services, hold some money for at least a month to make sure that any problems are fixed. Ryan I hope you will keep to your commitment and get the job completed.

Seasons about to start all this will be fixed in the next 2 weeks

dnairan in Brampton Ontario Canada L5M1B7
dnairan in Brampton Ontario Canada L5M1B7

Interlock sinking

Hired Ryan to do a big job in our yard front side and back , every thing is sinking , growing moss as the water sits no drain off because nothing is level, Ryan has been saying since last year 2018 he is coming to fix put never shows up never returns calls , last conversation we offered to pay for the extra material to fix the problems as there will be more material to purchase , I no he is busy as the summer was a late start put we are getting more than frustrated and the last thing I wanted to do is write this review, sorry Ryan , we have given you a lot of time , now we’re at end of 2 nd season , 41 Lorraine cres brampton

Will have this fixed once and for all before the season starts will be in the next 2 weeks

Dan in Toronto
Dan in Toronto

Refusal to honour warranty - No communication skills

Hired Ryan for walkway and retaining wall. After the winter, the retaining wall sank. Have texted Ryan repeatedly since March. He keeps saying he's coming. Never shows up. Terrible service

sorry man crappy weather but me back huge sorry for the lack of communication it will be fixed this year

New walkway and driveway boarder

Distinctive did the job in August 2018 and is not honouring the warranty. I have sent numerous emails, messages through Homestars and text messages to say that the steps have become lose and have pulled away from the edge of the porch. For the messages sent in April, no response. For the text message in May Ryan replied 'What's wrong with them". I replied with pictures and the comment "Separated from main landing and 4 caps are loose" to which I got no response. Aug 13 another text regarding the 'warranty' I got no response . And my final text 'I assume no response means not honouring the contract?' also got no response. So be careful. Work is NOT warrantied.

Work is warrantied ur job was a repair as I did not do the foundation I don't know what was done before me I did reply so I don't know what ur talking about and extremely busy u need to call me cause texts get lost due to the volume of texts can u send ur address to me by text it will be done before I start the season thanks

Sharilee in Burlington
Sharilee in Burlington
0 reviews Milton, ON

back yard patio

Tim and Ryan and their crew did a great job. They were able to come in to do the dig out a little earlier than expected, and because of another cancellation completed the whole job in one day . I wouldn't expect this, however it was great of them to do it. We were very happy with the work they did, and thought their prices were extremely fair. I will use them again as we plan to extend the patio as well as redo our front steps and pathway next year.

Was our pleasure

Iuliana Badea
Iuliana Badea

Exceeded our expectations!

The job had everything: from flower bed wall to driveway widening, to side walkways, to back patio and front walkway. Throughout the process of designing, identifying potential problems, digging, dealing with materials, and finalising the work - Ryan and his team proved to be very professional and a real pleasure to work with. They advised on the right thickness of the stone, they explained how to maintain the stone going forward in great detail and with a lot of patience.
We are very happy with their work and we won’t hesitate to recommend them to neighbours and friends.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

REAL DISTINCTIVE INTERLOCKING.

What started out as an okay job became a real disappointment in the end. Ryan suggested the 60mm over 80mm for our driveway which was widened by 2 feet on both sides. He did not place any Paver Edging System before laying out the pavers. Now, the pavers at bottom half of the driveway and boulevard have either lifted or completely shifted from its initial placement.
Our driveway is really DISTINCTIVE now in the neighbourhood!

After COUNTLESS phone calls and text messages to have the work reinstated, he blatantly implied that he was not the one responsible for the work, and went ahead to ask us to show him our signed contract (which we did). Unsurprisingly, yet again, he did not respond.

Either the rest of these reviews are completely fake or our driveway was just one of a mess-up job. Would not be surprised if the Ministry of Consumer Services has flagged this company under their 'Consumers Beware List.'

I don't know what ur talking about or ur job clearly this is not my job would love to see what job this is !! And if it was a driveway I don't use 60 ml to drive on and endless phone calls lol that's funny if I did the job I will fix it would not say it's not my problem if I did the work I will take responsibility and fix it no body has flagged my company for shitty work and u can't fake reviews and why are u a private user

More about Distinctive Interlocking

Distinctive Interlocking is a family owned and operated business with over 20 years of experience in landscaping. From interlocking driveways to grass cutting, we do whatever it takes to bring your dreams to life. We take pride in our work and our number one priority is ensuring client satisfaction. Please ...
Looking for Interlocking Stone pros in Mississauga ?