Thomson Industries Ltd

Raymond Y.
Raymond Y.
1 review Vancouver, BC

Furnance replacement

Thomson Industries Ltd offered a good price to install the Daikin hi-efficiency furnace and flue liner. The installers are friendly and experienced. I would recommend this company to others.

tsears
tsears
1 review Port Coquitlam, BC

Heating and air conditioning also hot water tank

The service was great from the salesman to the installers . The installer was very knowledgeable and explained the operations of the system well.

Thank you! We enjoyed working with you!

estewart
estewart
1 review White Rock, BC

AC into existing condo

Excellent install crew. Very knowledgeable.
Some confusion in communication between sales person and office/ install crew.
But all got sorted out so all good.

I'm glad everything got worked our and you are happy with our work!

L M.
L M.
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Air conditioner installation

I am very pleased with the work done by the installers. However, there was a big difference between the work described by the sales person and the work done on site. Although the new location and parts were better, I'd rather not be faced with so many changes on installation day. I recommend talking to someone about the plan before they arrive on site.

Thank you for the helpful feedback!

Grant Wallis in Port Coquitlam
Grant Wallis in Port Coquitlam

Thomson furnace faulty install x3

After reading the reviews on this site as recommended by the salesman, I decided to contract Thomsons rather than a national brand. BAD decision. There were a couple of complaints on this site concerning poor quality installations by Thomsons. I should have checked into those complaints further.
After the furnace install, our water heater stopped working. I also smelled natural gas. I called Terasen. They informed me that the recent work was faulty. They shut off my gas. No heat or water for 3 days in winter. The Terasen inspector suggested I call the water heater install company. A tech from that company completed a service call and informed me that the gas leak was coming from a new line that Thomsons installed. Also, the reason that the water heater blew out was because Thomsons had teed into the water heater drain line instead of installing an independent line. The water heater install company charged me $200 for the service call. I have tried to get Thomsons to correct the install and reimburse me the $200. They ignored me. I have now informed them that I am going to post this complaint to this website, Yelp, Google, and Threebestrated. If they still refuse to make this right, I will take them to Small Claims Court. Update - I filed the small claims court action May 14, 2019

We are very sorry about your recent hot water issues. We have spoken to you many, many times regarding this issue, sent our techs out multiple times, and we continue to reiterate that the problem with your hot water tank was NOT caused by us. The gas leak was NOT caused by us. The gas line was NOT installed by us and the hot water tank was NOT installed by us. It is unfortunate that you had issues with your tank and we sympathize with you but we cannot take responsibility for issues not caused by our work or equipment. Our work and equipment is under warranty for 12 years and we take pride in backing up each and every one of our installations. On rare occasions we come across situations where it is not possible to satisfy someone, due to their lack of knowledge about the equipment, installation process, ect or just a need to place blame and this is just one of those situations. We look forward to meeting with you in court to prove our case and wish you luck in the future.

Bonnie
Bonnie
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Maintenance on two furnaces

The servicing was quick and everything left clean and tidy. The technician was personable, knowledgeable and conducted himself in a very professional manner. Everything was accomplished on time.
Our communication with the office was very efficient and polite.
We would highly recommend this company.

Alan Tam in Port Coquitlam
Alan Tam in Port Coquitlam

Professional, competent and diligent

Thomson Industries recently installed a four head mini split ductless heat pump system in our townhouse. It was a complex installation since Strata required that the condenser be located in the underground garage and all the line sets had to go through the concrete wall then up through the staircase walls.

They performed the job without any issues and they minimized the drywall cuts to two small spots on the staircase and larger spots in the storage rooms because they were less visible rooms.

They cleaned up after themselves at the end of each day ensuring their tools or components were out of the way and when the job was done, went through the basic usage of heat pump systems.

The scope and requirement of the job was very complex which was reflected in a higher price compared to a free standing house plus the additional amount of time required but the staff was always positive, courteous and professional.

Overall great experience and would highly recommend Thomson for anyone looking to install air conditioning or a heat pump system.

Thank you for your review! We are very glad that you are so happy with your new system :)

Matterson
Matterson
1 review Surrey, BC

No heat broken boiler

Thomson Industries was able to get a tech out to fix our broken boiler very quickly.
Zach was on time and very knowledgeable. He had our heat working and boiler tuned up in no time. Awesome service!

Thank you for the review!

New Furnace in Abbotsford
New Furnace in Abbotsford
1 review Abbotsford, BC

New furnace

I was so impressed with Thomson Industries Ltd. from the initial

contact to the completion of the job!

Thomson Industries Ltd. had a quick initial response when I called in and explained that I was looking to have a new furnace installed. Bruce had a
very competitive quote on a superior built furnace and within a few days, the crew arrived. Rob & Dylan were an excellent team and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I noticed that Rob & Dylan worked very hard to install my furnace. With a top notch, energy efficient furnace keeping us warm, I definitely want to highly recommend the team at Thomson Industries Ltd.

Thank you so much for your review!

Nelson in New Westminster
Nelson in New Westminster
1 review New Westminster, BC

New furnace by Thompson Industries

Thompson Industries took a challenging and complex work in our (heritage) house and reduced into a simple no-nonsense installation work marvel. The work left by their in-house team is nothing short of beautiful, clean and utilized smart limited space management. The names of the two crew members may be forgotten in time but not the positive and professional impressions they left behind. If that were not enough, they offer a no- interest payment plan spread over 24 months. Working in partnership with Daikin with their industry-leading technology and warranty program, Thompson Industries has provided me a comfortable home environment for years to come.
I can honestly say that I'm comfortably warmer and not significantly poorer today, thanks to Thompson Industries.

Wow Nelson, thank you so much! I am very glad you gave us the opportunity to work with you and if you need anything else, we would love to hear from you!

More about Thomson Industries Ltd

At Thomson industries we pride ourselves on making your comfort our business. From residential sales of heating and cooling equipment, to installation, maintenance, and service, we’ve been keeping lower mainland residents warm and cozy, or cool and comfortable for over 20 years! Recently, we have also expanded into the Okanagan.
We offer a wide variety of home heating and cooling systems including; Gas Furnaces, Boilers, Hot Water Tanks, and Tankless Hot Water Systems, Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps and Ductless Splits. From five hundred square feet to twenty five thousand, no job is too big or too small for Thomson Industries. Whether you need a completely new unit installed, a gas conversion or minor repair, our experienced team will work with you, and your budget to find the best HVAC solution for your home or business.

***
Working with residential home owners, home builders and commercial businesses, our impeccable hands-on, client-oriented approach for accuracy on project estimates in all sectors have earned us a reputation for professional expertise and product knowledge that is second to none.

***
Whether it’s new heating, air conditioning, hot water tanks, gas fireplaces, furnaces, tank-less water heaters, outdoor fireplaces, furnace/duct cleaning, BBQ conversions, plumbing installations, duct cleaning, indoor air quality products, service or repair, Thomson Industries Ltd. has a tried and tested approach that gets the job done right.

***
Consistently maintaining the highest standards in the industry, we continue to be innovative and progressive, striving to maintain the honest everyday values that have made our customers loyal and our company expand and grow.
***
Thomson Industries proudly services the following cities:
Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Delta, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Maple Ridge, Mission, Surrey, Langley, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Squamish, Kelowna, Lake Country, Oyama, Peachland, Salmon Arm, Summerland Vernon, West Kelowna.
Greater Vancouver Ph: (604) 552-2990