FirstOnSite Restoration

Reviews for FirstOnSite Restoration

lweening in Mississauga
lweening in Mississauga

Basement Flood

Our basement flooded in June of 2017. It is March 2018 and we have finally given up on these guys... absolutely awful work. Took a month to get anyone in to start the project, and it was problem after problem. Dry core wasn’t level, painter showed up with no paint, they bought and delivered the wrong baseboards. Notorious for no one showing up even after being told they were coming that day. IF we were lucky, we had someone come and work on our basement for one day a month. So slow. ... beware. DO NOT hire this company.

I&S In T.O
I&S In T.O

Basement Flood

They were a preferred vendor from our insurance company so we went with them. Should ahve been the first sign.
The first sign of an issue was when after the claim was submitted and the First On Site employee came to get measurements and provide a quote - we never heard back. Finally after calls to both the company and insurere we were finally assigned a new project manager, Darren S.
Things seemed to pick up from there for a while. The quote came in with an oddity - almost 50% was for movement and storage of furniture in the basement. We worked with them so that if we moved/stored the furniture - we could reassign the funds. All was good with that.
Once all documents were signed, it took them about a month to finally show up to do the work. The work was done reasonably quickly and quality was just OK. Not great - which you would expect from a company that was provided by the insurance company (wanting to keep the contract and all).
The biggest issue came when we requested them perform the tasks from our credit (from moving the furniture ourselves). It took them about 3 months to perform the first (replacement of a bathroom window that was cracked). It was finally done. however we still had credit that we needed to use.
Of course Darren wanted to close out the file so we have in writing (email) that if we signed off so they could get paid by insurnace, he would finish the work. Well it has been 6 months, since we agreed to that. I have contacted him, i have contacted his managers. Yet to get a response. We are still going to go after that credit.
Lessons to be learned:
1) Never sign off 100 % even if there are written promises to finish the work
2) Do not sure them if they are on the insurance companies list
3) if Darren S comes in - ask him to leave and have another project manager assigned. He cannot be trusted.

flood restoration in basement

On the Friday before the Canada long weekend, my basement flooded from a defective/old washing machine. My insurance company BelAirDirect (parent company Intact) sent me their preferred vendor FirstonSite. The moment Brandon Boyd, Project Manager came to do the assessment of damage, I knew I was in good hands. He was thorough and professional. His assessment of the damage was accepted and Chris Boardman, manager at Firstonsite , took over the project. He organized several subcontractors, organized for all contents and furniture to be moved out of the house before the work started. Each phase of the job was overseen by Chris, who kept me informed, asked about preferences e.g. for painting or wallpapering, and had excellent subcontractors. The company who did the re carpeting had a generous budget and worked with me to give me the best deal and to have it done as quickly as possible as I had family coming to stay in the bedroom in the basement.
There were a couple of hitches e.g. two legs of the bed went missing in the move but Chris took it upon himself to sort out the problem and the basement was ready for my guests!
I was also on leave at home for part of the time that the repairs were proceeding and honestly, they were not at all intrusive.
Thank you to Chris and the team. It was a pleasure working with you, BelAir and Intact. The job was completed in two months and the whole process worked like a well oiled machine. I would highly recommend this team and this company.

Flood restortation in basement

Thank you to Chris and the team. It was a pleasure working with you, BelAir and Intact. The job was completed in two months and the whole process worked like a well oiled machine. I would highly recommend this team and this company,

AE, Mississauga, Ontario
AE, Mississauga, Ontario

Water Damage Restoration

FirstOnSite Restoration
905-696-2900
60 Admiral Boulevard
Mississauga
L5T2W1

After a very heavy rain (15cm in 1 night) landing on high levels of snow & ice, 2" deep of water got into our cold cellar vent, flooding the cold cellar & leaking into our finished basement. Corey at FirstOnSite Restoration arrived within 30 min. of my call. Assessed the work & equipment required. Then he dispatched a crew to my home within an hour! Corey waited for the crew to arrive to give them instructions & oversee their work set-up before leaving. 2 staff put new neoprene floor runners & tarps to protect my new wool carpet from wet items, moved all items in wet cold cellar area to a dry, tarped area in my basement, did the water extraction, sanitized all floors & rugs, set up 2 air movers & a commercial dehumidifier for 3 days. They also repaired a rip we found in my vapour barrier in the unfinished room adjacent to cold cellar. Corey also worked the numbers to give us a much better price. What great service & staff! We highly recommend them! Have already passed their contact info to 2 friends!