Mold.ca

Mold Detection & Removal
130 King Street West, Suite 1800 Toronto ON M5X 1K6

Reviews for Mold.ca

Basement Mold Removal

We recently had Mold.ca come in to remove mold that we found in our basement that was a result of some leaks through our foundation. Unlike other contractors we had in to quote, Gregg took the time to complete a comprehensive evaluation of our situation and even returned a second time after additional rainfall to ensure that we had identified all the likely problem areas. From the initial consultation through the entire project, the level of thoroughness and communication was excellent- the team provided a daily walkthrough of work completed which was much appreciated. The project was completed on time and budget despite a few unfortunate surprises along the way as we opened up the walls. I would highly recommend Mold.ca to others facing mold issues.

Thank you for your positive feedback. It was a pleasure working with you on this project. Have a great holiday season and all the best for 2019. The Mold.ca Team.

Brett Cohen from Toronto
Brett Cohen from Toronto

Bathroom mold removal

Demolition of our upstairs bathroom revealed a serious mold issue in the wall behind our shower/bathtub area. Within minutes of this discovery, I found Mold.ca on Homestars and gave them a call. From the moment they answered the phone, I was treated with courtesy and professionalism. Gregg attended the very next day and, in addition to confirming a mold remediation, he took samples of tiles from the three floors beneath the existing floor in the bathroom and sent them off for testing. They tested positive for asbestos.

With our bathroom renovation quickly going off the rails, Gregg put our minds at ease by plotting out a course of action. His team removed the mold and Gregg is assisting in putting us in touch with people to remove the asbestos and an engineer to deal with any potential structural damage caused by the mold.

Gregg and his team were exceptional. They acted with professionalism and urgency, easing us through a very stressful situation. I feel secure in having their number on hand should any other similar issues arise. They are the epitome of everything you would hope to have in a company such as this.

Thank you Gregg.

Thank you Brett for taking the time to write a testimonial. We appreciate your business ! The Mold.ca Team.

CTFM3 from York
CTFM3 from York

Bedroom Closet Mold Removal

We had a water leak in our bedroom closet and Gregg and his team were fantastic from start to finish. They were professional, CLEAN and quiet.

Everything was explained clearly throughout the process.

We would recommend Mold.ca to friends and family without hesitation.

Thank you for the great review. It was great working with you on this project. The. Mold.ca Team.

Grace in Brampton
Grace in Brampton

Peace of mind

After realizing the extensive work that was required in my basement, I proceeded to call numerous establishments that could not care to respond unless the damage was insurance related. The team from Mold.ca was fantastic!!! Expedient, thorough, knowledgeable, friendly and extremely tidy. An unexpected and daunting task was handled with ease. The peace of mind is priceless. Highly recommend mold.ca

Hi Grace. Thank you for review. Hopefully you have rebuilt, and are enjoying the space. The Mold.ca Team.

Ed
Ed

Amazing service and work!

Our family was already going through an extremely challenging time, when we were hit with a water damage and mold issue. We had a leak from the terrace going underneath the kitchen and into the garage, that continued to get worse with each rainfall. Originally we had attempted to contact several companies who were not willing to see the issue, or were non-responsive after the initial call, and we were basically left to figure out our problem on our own.

We found Mold.ca on Homestars and we are so glad that we did! They set themselves apart right away. Indira who was very pleasant and understanding, quickly set up an inspection the very next day! Bill arrived on time and was very knowledgeable, patiently explaining to me the entire process and plan, as well as educating me on mold. A detailed statement of work/cost was presented the day after, and Gregg was able to accommodate our urgency by fitting us in within 2 days to do the mold remediation (using eco-friendly and non-toxic solutions!). A step-by-step explanation of the work was explained, as well as the details of the work completed that day. The entire team was very polite, courteous, and professional (Yos, Shaun, Peter), making the experience as painless as possible.

Bill has been so helpful and reassuring during the entire process (guidance, advice, next-steps). He also referred us to a reputable roofer to help resolve the source of the problem, as well as a waterproofer for a separate issue. Mold.ca has showed great compassion and care throughout the process, and is a model company! We will definitely look to Mold.ca for the rebuild once we resolve the source of the leak, as well as any potential future renovations, and would recommend this amazing company to anyone! Thank you so much guys!

Thank you for your kind review. We are standing by to assist you with the rebuild work once the source of the water intrusion is corrected. The Mold.ca Team.

Window mold removal

Amazing team! I called mold.ca after reading all of their fantastic reviews online, and they definitely met all my expectations! After describing the problem to Indira, she was able to schedule Gregg to come in the very next day for an in-person assessment of my unit. Gregg confirmed that there was mold growing on the window sill and the flooring around it. He provided me with an in-depth report outlining the problem and a detailed plan to remediate the mold. His team was punctual, incredibly professional, and just all around fantastic. They built a huge containment around the window to ensure any mold spores would stay within the work zone and ran a HEPA filter the entire time. I expressed concern that some mold spores could potentially escape and spread throughout my unit, and the team immediately put up plastic sheets around my furniture and living room. They explained that the HEPA filter would prevent any spores from escaping, but put up the protective sheeting anyway to reassure me. They also laid down floor protection before they began to avoid making a mess as they moved in and out of the unit. They worked very efficiently and cleaned up after themselves when they were done. I was extremely happy with the results and definitely felt that the entire team went above and beyond for this project. I would highly recommend mold.ca to anyone in need of mold remediation. Thank you for your amazing service!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The team thanks you for your very positive feedback. It was great working with you on this project. The Mold.ca Team.

Fantastic job - excellent results

We needed to address some severe mold issues and after doing some research, I found Mold.ca on HomeStars. An appointment was quickly set up and after assessing the problem areas Gregg provided us with a detailed and reasonable cost estimate. We disclosed that we were preparing the house for sale and he also offered us with some invaluable advice apart from the mold remediation.

This turned out to be a huge undertaking and yet the work was done thoroughly and properly...and on schedule! There was constant 2-way communication throughout the project. Gregg even arranged for additional services that they offer such as repairs and garbage/debris removal which made the entire project more seamless and saved us much time, effort and stress! Everyone was amazing to work with, from Gregg to Indira to his onsite crew (Yos, Sean, Mark, Dean and Peter) who are all very friendly, meticulous and professional. They were sensitive to the stress and strain we were under and we were touched by the respect and compassion they showed us. At times, we felt they went above and beyond the scope - fantastic customer service!

I can’t say enough about Mold.ca. We made the right decision in hiring them for the job and I am sure that the high quality of their work was part of the reason our house sold in 2 days! Gregg and his team greatly exceeded our expectations and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking for this type of service.

Thank you for your review. The team congratulates you on the sale of the home. It was great working with you both and we appreciate the business. Enjoy the balance of the summer. The Mold.ca Team

Andrew
Andrew

Great Knowledge, Great Work and Amazing Customer Service

We had an ongoing issue with a cold room and mold, the room had previously been treated twice but huge condensation and mold every couple of years was driving us crazy. We finally put out another call on HomeStars and Mold.ca were one of only two contractors that viewed the job that really gave us the inside scoop on why the problem was recurring. Mold.ca's solution involved more work but was about the same price as the other contractors and they were the only company who put forward a solution that didn't involve hugely toxic chemicals. We dealt with Greg on the initial consultation and he was super professional and took extra time to explain the root of the problem and what the best solution was. He was super easy to deal with and seemed to have unlimited patience for stupid questions.
When we decide to proceed with the work they were easy to schedule and we actually had to change the schedule at the last minute but they accommodated us very easily and rescheduled for a couple of days later. The crew that came in to do the hard lifting were great, very unobtrusive, sealed everything up super well and gave us a clear timeline of what work they'd be doing before they started and then ran us through how the day went and what had been done. They were also amazingly good at cleaning up the worksite before they left.
Had to wait a few days for the chemicals to dry out and Greg was in regular touch to see how it was going and once everything was dry they quickly booked in to come and finish the job. The foreman from the first day was back but now with a carpenter and they again spent time explaining what the day's plan was and why everything was being done. Again, totally unobtrusive and just super easy to deal with. Greg came in around the afternoon and reviewed the ongoing work with us, making sure we understood the process. He ended up staying and working on the clean up which was perfect. A nice touch was that some of the masking tape they used stripped a tiny bit of paint on the wall, which had been pretty banged up by our cat, they unasked totally painted the whole wall. It's been a few months now and we went through the wet winter but the room looks great and the added touches of adding vents to the door at the top and bottom seems to be working great. We'd totally recommend these guys, great communication, fantastic execution and the finishing was awesome.

Hi Andrew. Thank you for writing a very comprehensive testimonial. It allows for potentially new clients to read about the way we operate , the high levels of service, and communication we strive to deliver to our clients. Thanks again, The Mold.ca Team

Alan
Alan

Great job by Mold.ca

I first met with Gregg, a certified mold specialist, who inspected the property and then provided an assessment and estimate. He was honest, professional and thorough. The report he wrote was detailed and comprehensive. Although I paid for the estimate, I thought it was worth it. (In fact, their quote was much lower than another competitor's estimate.) I later had a full team of 3 (then 4) work on the property. They, too, were pleasant to work with and professional in their approach. They worked quickly - it took 2 days. When I entered the property after they were done, I could see that they were meticulous and careful. I am confident that the mold issue has been resolved.
I would use their service again - although I hope I don't have mold problems again and so never have to - and I would recommend them to my friends. The only negligible issue I had was that it took a few days for them to start the job, but I guess that means that they book up quickly by virtue of the good work that they do.

Alan thank you for your testimonial. We appreciate your business. The Mold.ca Team

Sean & Priya Abraham in Old Toronto
Sean & Priya Abraham in Old Toronto

Cold Cellar

The Certified mold specialist was extremely honest in nature, professional in conduct, and proactive with his valuable advice - thereby saving us a great deal of expense!
He inspected our cold cellar, determining what our best DIY plan for mold prevention.
Customer reassurance with good old-fashioned trustworthiness in a volatile economy. We highly recommend his service!

Thank you Sean & Priya for your review. We often observe minor mold challenges or situations where the homeowners could perform the work themselves with the referral of proper products and materials. Glad we could be of service to you. The Mold.ca Team

More about Mold.ca

Mold Detection & Removal

If you suspect Mold and want an honest, informative and common sense approach to mold testing, mold inspection and mold removal, you should book an inspection, you won't be disappointed.

You and your family deserve to live in a safe and healthy environment. Mold can seriously compromise the structural integrity of your home, and adversely affect your family’s health and well-being. At mri-mold.ca it’s our job to ensure your home isn’t making you or your family sick.