Five Star Lawn Care

Old Toronto ON M5R2E2
HomeStars  >  Lawn Maintenance in Toronto  >  Five Star Lawn Care

Reviews for Five Star Lawn Care

Paul in Toronto

My wife kept pestering me to clean up our weed-infested backyard; good thing some guy from Five Star showed up at my door. All young lads, so fairly upbeat and quick to get the job done. Was a little skeptical about some kid trimming my hedges with a gas powered trimmer, but turns out that wasn't his first time using it. Asked me to leave a review here, I guess I could do at least that much. Recommended - pulled out even the tiny weeds I wouldn't normally bother with.

Sarah in Sudbury

I am very pleased and impressed with this landscaping company.
Mike came with his team to give me a quote and they went to work on the garden on the same day! The team worked hard and the garden beds look awesome. I would highly recommend this landscaping company and look forward to using them again.

Patrick in Whitby

A lovely young lady knocked on our door the other week offering lawncare/landscaping services.
I told her I was hoping to get my flower beds up to scratch this season and asked for a quote.
She was very informative and seemed to know her stuff very well so we decided to have the work done.
The team began straight away and did some fantastic work! One of the guys mention about cleaning the interlocking and putting in sand, so for an extra couple of hundred dollars I thought it would be worth getting the exterior of the house into shape for the summer.
I have only great things to say about these guys. All young, all eager to work, knowledgeable, and very friendly.
After the excellent work done on my property I referred them to several friends in the area.

kerry h from Toronto

I hired Five Star to power wash my interlock driveway and apply more sand with a view to remove and prevent the weeds from coming back (that's what I was told would be the outcome) -- it DID NOT work and when I called the owner Mike, I got the most frustrating run around ever. He informed me that the guy who did the job was an independent contractor and that he wasn't responsible for the job and had the nerve to ask me "who power washes their driveway to get rid of weeds?" All this garbage after I called the company a week earlier and asked nicely for someone to call me back -- I got a promise that that would happen (never did) so I had to call again a week later as my driveway looks like crap (weeds all back)
Completely crappy service and a "bait and switch" on the job they did -- I'll never hire these guys again and trust me the owner is not qualified to deal with customers at all -- he's an inexperienced child who has no customer service skill sets at all -- it's simple, don't waste your money with these guys.

Guys from Five Star Lawn Care left a card at my door and I called them to give a quote to fix my big garden bed. Mike came really fast with his crew, gave me the quote and was ready for the job, Fantastic!
They pulled out all the weeds, turned the soil, added top new soil and mulch and made everything neat and clean. My garden looks amazing, I totally recommend Five Star Lawn Care.
Besides the good service, workers are also students, so we somehow help them with their tuitions.

A young man knocked on our door in the middle of the afternoon asking to preform an airation, to which I replied with an offer to clean the yard. The young man worked diligently and I was quite impressed with the work that was done. My only suggestion is to keep in mind is that this is a student based company, meaning the workers can be hit-or-miss depending on the individuals involved.

Jason Smalls in Toronto

I had someone from 5 Star Lawn Care come to my door in Whitby a couple weeks ago. They informed me of a full package deal they offered and explained how it would be done the same day (I believe it was called the rejuvenation package). We usually contract a company to maintain our lawn, however they informed me this would be a one time service that would keep the lawn looking good throughout the summer as long as it remains watered and cut. They had the job done in 6 hours which included aerating, power raking, putting down soil and seed. It has been about two weeks now and I can already see the new grass growing in and my lawn is already looking better. I definitely think it was worth the money I spent and I plan to have five star come back and do some trimming on my cedar hedges. Couldn't be happier with their work, thanks guys!

1 review Richmond Hill, ON

This company cannot be trusted. The company knocked on our door on a Friday night and quoted a price to trim the sides and top of our cedar hedges. The price was agreed to and the work crew started immediately. The 2 man crew worked diligently. The work was not completed due to a late evening start and then darkness. We foolishly paid in full with their promise to return Monday to complete the work. We waited and then made several calls after a week went by. We were promised by Mike the crew would return to complete the work. Another week went by and on Sunday 2 workers showed up. They left after one half hour as they did not have the correct trim tools. They promised someone would come back during the week to complete the job. A few days later a follow up call was answered by Mike. He stated that as far as he was concerned the work was completed and the job should have cost $1,400. This was a demand for more money to complete the work. Mike told me to get the person who did the work 2 years ago to finish the hedges. Our mistake was to pay in full and trust a company we did not get references prior to work being started. If I see their vehicles in the area I will warn any potential customers to have the work fully completed.

K.D from Markham

I had the same issue. Used them last year and was great so thought to use them again but their service level is not the same.They tricked me saying the city would take it away the soil they left as yard waste and not to worry if they don't they will come back and take it. The city nor recycling centres take soil. They gave promise that they would come to pick it up but never showed up now they are not returning my calls,text or emails. I I am really disappointed at the change in service from last year and lack of respect and integrity. The issue is that the crews change every year. The guy who aerated our lawn also forgot one side and he also didn't know how to re-edge and had to get another colleague to fix it when I refuse to pay. When I spoke to the owner told me nothing he can do as they are independent contractors. I told him I called Five Stars the company. Basically they are not all experienced so luck of the draw. Here's a picture of the excellent job.

John Miller from GTA
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

I wrote an earlier review, last spring. Mike contacted me this spring in order to correct their error. The entire yard was aerated. He also offered to fertilize. I think for him to come back a year later to fix this is awesome. I would now recommend them.