Mr. Mow It All

Lawn Maintenance
HomeStars  >  Lawn Maintenance in Toronto  >  Mr. Mow It All

Reviews for Mr. Mow It All

great job

I originally needed someone to come to level my lawn and to lay new sod. The city had dug up my front lawn 3 times in as many summers.

Mr. Mow it All was the 4th company that I called, the price was what I liked best, and I got a good feeling from the office staff over the phone.

After they did an amazing job with the leveling and sod placement; I decided to have them do my bi weekly lawn mowing. They are really good, they trim and clean up. I'm a very happy customer.

Jen Radzick from Toronto
Jen Radzick from Toronto

Overall Poor Service Delivery

Mr. Mow it All bid on a job I posted on Homestars. The quote was well presented and reasonable, their website talked about excellence in delivery, and Louise who managed customer service was friendly so I decided to give it a try. Overall I'd say that the service that I've received over the past 4 mows has been pretty poor. The first time they cut my lawn it was scalped fairly significantly in 2 places, trimming was not done around the sandbox or tree and grass was not cleaned up off of my walkway. After complaining they came to remedy the situation, clean up the mess, and trim the un-mowed grass. They had promised that grass seed would be laid on the next visit to help the now barren patches grow back but that never happened. On another week their crew didn't show up and I had to call to find out why and ask whether I was still going to be charged. Apparently the crew made a decision to not cut the grass because it was still short, but I was never notified either by phone or writing and instead had to call to find out what was going on. For someone who is a new customer, these are the proactive touch-points that make a difference, and win lifelong customers. The most recent job was terrible, and has caused me to cancel my service. I'm not sure what they used to cut my lawn but it was literally shredded in no less than 14 spots. Once I called to complain via email with accompanying pictures I received both an apology email and voicemail and they sent a crew to put down grass seed in the bare spots, which I now need to water every day for 2 weeks. I'm not sure who they are contracting to do their work in the field, but there is a large gap between the crew that is cutting the lawns, and doing an overall poor job, and the CSR (Louise) who is strong at customer service and trying to mitigate the damages by phone and email. A company can't expect to keep customers when they are delivering a poor quality service, even if their customer service support via phone and email is good and they keep sending crews out to fix the issues...It's just not enough.

From time to time we mess up. Essentially what happened here is we scalped this client's lawn because we were asked to cut it shorter than our recommended mowing height. We were asked to cut the lawn at 2" vs our standard recommended mowing height of 2.5"-3”. While 0.5"-1" may not sound like a significant height differential - when dealing with mowers this is. Especially if a lawn isn't perfectly level or has dips which could cause scalping. In our opinion the main area in which we erred was in not stopping service after noticing the scalping was occurring and refusing to cut the lawn at that height going forward. The experience this client received is not at all typical of what service we deliver and for that we are sorry as well. At this point we’ve reversed the charge for the client’s service, top dressed and overseeded the scalped bits, and have reached out four separate times to this client to see what else we need to do to make things right.

Andrew Noble
Andrew Noble

Lawncare service

They did a fantastic job taking care of the lawn and foliage for 6 months or so. Appreciated how it easy it was to set-up as well as their reliability.

Thanks for the review Andrew!

Lawn Maintenance

I hired Mr. Mow it All because the owner did a great job selling me and his website said everything right. The grass cutting was great, but the clean up was terrible. I sent in photos every week showing the mess that was left behind, but nothing was done about it, save for one week when they didn't charge me (because the cutting too was horrific; imagine your child cutting his own hair, that's what it looked like).

After the 4th week of leaves and pine needles on my lawn and patio, I cancelled my services. I'm sure they were not sorry to see me go.

Mr. Mow it All could benefit from stronger leaf blowers or an owner who returns calls and stands behind his services.

Ilona N.
Ilona N.

Shrub removal

I used the company to remove some shrubs from my front. Initially, there were some problems with having someone come to my house and it took a while and then the service was not what I had believed I requested. I complained to the management and they did an excellent job of rectifying the situation. This review is a culmination of both situations.
One think I would warn others of is to be very specific of what you want done, do not leave anything to interpretation, ask for the steering wheel with the car.

Review has 1 previous version
Mark Z in Toronto
Mark Z in Toronto

Extreme backyard clean up

My backyard was extremely overgrown and I needed it cleaned up. Mr Mow It All came by and provided an accurate and detailed estimate. They provided a date, and when I came home after work that day the yard was clean! well worth the price.

Lawn Maintencance

Thank you to Chris for getting back to me. After a crew made a mistake with my lawn, Chris quickly got back to me and rectified the situation. Mistakes happen. Its about a company's willingness to take ownership that makes a difference.

Review has 1 previous version
Dennis in Toronto
Dennis in Toronto

Snow plowing services

Responsible for community plowing contract. First season was professional and responsive however second season was disappointing. Service not completed promptly and calls not returned. Given the Increase in cost the results where disappointing.

Lawn Care

I initially had trouble finding someone to take care of our lawn for a reasonable fee. Then someone referred me to Mr Mow It All. We've been using them for few years and they are a courteous, reliable and affordable service.

Michele in San Francisco
Michele in San Francisco

Lawn Care and Maintanence

Mr. Mow It All's service is reliable and impeccable. The guys that serviced my lawn were professional, courteous, and reliable. The service was done while I was at work, and finished product was as though they were never there, other then a perfectly manicured lawn. I would highly recommend this company.

More about Mr. Mow It All

We don't just cut your lawn, we groom it. At Mr. Mow It All we specialize in catering to the needs of urban properties. Whether you need your lawn maintained or a new lawn altogether our goal is to be service to which all others are compared. We are your ...
Looking for Lawn Maintenance pros in Toronto?