MacKay Heating and Cooling

HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in St. Catharines  >  MacKay Heating and Cooling

Reviews for MacKay Heating and Cooling

Ann in Thorold
Ann in Thorold
1 review Niagara Falls, ON

furnace

My 12 year old furnace had a crack in the heat exchange and my gas was cut off to the furnace. Mackay was exceptionally helpful in all aspects. Every person I talked to was polite and informative. The workers were efficient, friendly, informative, tidy and thorough. A few issues were taken care of and I am 100% satisfied with the job. I feel everyone worked over 100% in their jobs. All my questions were answered to my satisfaction. Well done! I recommend this company! Thank you for all your hard work!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about our work family. We have dirty hands and clean souls!!!!! We work very hard to ensure that each and every customer is completely happy with their experience with us. We are a local, Canadian, highly trained bunch, that have a high bar in this industry. Thank you for your appreciation and your kind words from everyone at Mackay Heating and Cooling

Doug Harvey in Saint Catharines
Doug Harvey in Saint Catharines
2 reviews Saint Catharines, ON

New furnace and air conditioner

We chose Mackay Heating & Cooling to install a new high efficient furnace and air conditioner. They did a thorough home inspection and discussed with my wife and I our options including the rebates available to us. More importantly they also identified issues with our existing duct system which had been leading to improper distribution of heat throughout our house. They were able to repair our ducts with their own team. The installation when smooth and we now have a much much better home environment. The furnace is much more quiet and my daughter's room that use to be like a freezer is warm and comfy.

Sincere thanks to Peter for your honest and beneficial recommendations ...Your installers were terrific , professional and very meticulous with their work.... thank you

I am thrilled that you mentioned in this incredibly well detailed description of a very important factor that is overlooked in many companies in our trade. The proper venting. the proper installation, and even the proper placement of the return air in your rooms!!!!!! People who pay really really low prices are not getting this incredible, really needed, truly overlooked factor of our work. This is mechanical and not magical. You have pointed out how very important it is to get the right education to do this work for your entire home. Thank you for pointing this out. Our work family are very dedicated to ensuring our knowledge is top notch!!! Thank you from all of us from Mackay Heating and Cooling

Rick and Rita in Saint Catharines
Rick and Rita in Saint Catharines

Installation of Furnace and Air

We called Mackay heating to get a quote on furnace and air and Peter the sales representative came and gave us several options to choose from at competitive prices. He was very professional and not at all pushy.
The installers Don and Zach were proficient and friendly, had our furnace in and working by mid afternoon and installed the air the following day. They left everything clean and tidy.
Would definitely recommend this company.

Thank you from everyone at Mackay Heating and Cooling. We are very proud of our installers, Donny and Zack! Donny is a master and Zack is an eager learner, and very passionate about the industry. He has been learning since he was very young, since he is the owners son. Cleaning after the jobs, is something that our guys are so good at, and it is mentioned all the time. Surprising that most contractors, installers, service companies, do not clean up afterwards and think nothing of this!!! Thank you so much from our fun, educated, caring work family back to you. Merry Christmas as well!!!!!

1 review Burlington, ON

The best service ! Great people

Just had my furnace and air replaced By Don and his team they did an amazing job . He went above and beyond . I had a light down stairs that wasn t working properly and he fixed that as well . I was so pleased with the effort taken to do the job right. It was a pleasure to meet Don and the guys he works with he is a very kind generous person . It was a great experience I would recommend them . The workmanship was GREAT .

Thank you for the amazing shout out for Don and the team. At Mackay Heating and Cooling we pride ourselves in ensuring that your experience is amazing!!! I have to say that Donny is the master of this industry. We are incredibly thankful that he also has his hand in training. thank you from all of us Mackay Heating and Cooling

Bill Esler in Saint Catharines
Bill Esler in Saint Catharines
1 review Welland, ON

Replace Furnace

Excellent service everything went perfect as planned. Arrived right on time . Placed mats down before staring , cleaned up after work was complete. Gave me a full explanation how to operate new thermostat. Took old furnace away with them.

Thank you for pointing out some things that stuck out in your mind about Mackays. We are thrilled to get such great feedback. We are such a dedicated group. We have customers that have called us out in multiple homes and we are proud to say that we have generations of same families!! Thank you for your trust and kind words. You know where we are!!

1 review Thorold, ON

New Furnace

Wanted a new DC motor furnace. Existing furnace only 9 years old but used a large amount of power in the fan motor.
MacKay provided options and best products.
Great installation! Recommended!

Thank you so much for your kind words. At Mackay Heating and Cooling we are very proud that we have options to show you, not just one solution. Unless that is the only way to help out! however, we pride ourselves on the utmost care of your home. Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your experience with Mackay Heating and Cooling.

DenisG in Saint Catharines
DenisG in Saint Catharines
1 review Niagara Falls, ON

Replacement furnace & air conditioner

Back in March this year we decided to replace our 15 year old furnace & air conditioner. After several local contractors came and gave us quotations we were unhappy with the advice given. The prices were reasonable but there seemed to be very little effort to ensure that we would get the system we really wanted. Enter Mackay Heating & Cooling. One of their reps. Fred Poirier came to our home and spent a good deal of time measuring and discussing alternatives. We finally signed a contract to have an American Standard two-stage furnace and a new air conditioner. A couple of weeks later, two of their installers, Don Mcoustra and Zack Blom came and over a two day period did an exceptionally fine job. I have never seen a neater or more professional installation. It's now six months since the installation and although we've had little use yet for the furnace, it certainly is a very quiet system. And of course, the new air conditioner has had a real workout this summer with the heat waves that we've had.
Mackay are not the cheapest but I much prefer getting a rock solid installation of something like a furnace and air conditioner that I know I can rely on for many years to come. I highly recommend them. Thanks guys!

thanks so much from all of us at Mackay Heating and Cooling for this write up on our work. It is so exciting to see these words of praise, each one being so important to us.......

We are always sourcing out to see what is quiet, which one has the most improvements, what is the best fit for our customers. We are more than the brands we carry. We are incredibly dedicated to you , our incredibly valued customer first, and then to various suppliers for equipment. WE ensure that those that supply us, have you in mind!!!!!!! They have to stand up to our high standards. We are not about numbers, but about relationship building, and having you pass our name on to others...as you can see, you are given a good amount of time, and the installers are given the time they need to do the job properly...so you are happy, and you know the job is done right!!!!!!!!!

catherine in Saint Catharines
catherine in Saint Catharines

Fantastic Air Conditioner

We had the American Standard Silver Series air conditioner recommended to us by Pete and installed professionally by Andrew and Jack last November.
I don't think we could have asked for a better summer to finally get to test out our new air conditioner.
What a fantastic unit. The climate control was amazing...never too cold....just very even cooling. This was also reflected in our low hydro bills throughout the summer.
Thank you to all at Mackay for your fantastic service as always.
(they also installed our gas stove and bbq lines to our great satisfaction)

Here at Mackay Heating and Cooling, we are concerned about hydro...just like the rest of everyone living in Ontario. WE want to provide with the best solution that we can have available to help with this. Thank you for calling on us multiple times. Thank you for writing this up for us as well!!!!! We are thrilled with the unit that you have at your home. They are quiet. thanks for sharing that , so we can let the others know someone can tell you right from their own experience. so , appreciated.

air conditioning

I have over 20 yrs. experience dealing with MacKay I highly recommend them to my friends and relatives. Very professional installation and service. The workers were very polite and efficient.

Wow....thank you for the length of time that you have been with us. If that does not speak volumes , then I am not sure what does.
Usually, I have something to say , but you stopped me in my tracks with this amazing testimony. This is so appreciated. Thank you so very much, from every soul at Mackay Heating and Cooling.

1 review Saint Catharines, ON

installation of a heat pump

MacKay got recommended to us by a family member and since our old system broke down this was the only company we called for an estimate. We have no regrets choosing MacKay, even though an issue we wanted to have corrected from day one took 5 months until it was taken care of. It was obvious that the communication flow within the company was not as it should have been at that point in time. But things like that happen among the best of us, it's a part of life and we would not hold it against them. We are more than happy with the performance of our heating/air-conditioning system and all the team members we dealt with were very knowledgeable and conducted themselfs in a most professional manner. We still would recommend this company.

Thank yo so much for giving this shout out , despite some confusion on our end. We have been moving our office over the course of little over two months....and we are so sorry, that some messages got confused during that time. Mackay Heating and Cooling, wants to ensure that we have done all we can to leave you with the best service, and the best feeling when all is said and done. Thank you for this great understanding that humans are not perfect, but we know , we will never stop trying to be!!! Thank you and we are now in our new place.!!!!! Feeling like we have it all back together again!!

More about MacKay Heating and Cooling