Mac Kay Heating And Cooling

Reviews for Mac Kay Heating And Cooling

mark in Vineland
mark in Vineland
1 review Vineland, ON

installed brand new air conditioner

the installers arrived on time and worked quickly and without hassle.They were polite and orderly and worked without leaving a mess,all and all very good company and i would recommend them to family and friends.

thank you so much for taking some time to talk about our work family..our team is so dedicated, to the industry and our company, that it is so incredibly important that I can read these, Andrew and I the owners, and our son, Zack who is soon to be a very good technician himself...earning the stripes the hard way!! LOL we are grateful for your time to do this for us...thank you again.

jlepp in Saint Catharines
jlepp in Saint Catharines

Great Service in Niagara

We recently had a flood and lost our hot water heater. MacKay came out right away, and installed a new heater the very next day and worked with our insurance adjuster to make sure it all went smoothly. The insurance adjuster was so impressed with their service, they asked them on the spot to inspect the furnace which had also been underwater. MacKay provided a detailed report. Insurance also sent in their preferred vendor from out of town to verify and the report was the same. There was no attempt from MacKay to provide false or inflated damage report in order to get a job.
We've trusted MacKay for years for furnace repair and of course, they were the obvious choice for us when we faced having to replace the furnace and opted in for new airconditioning. We dealt with Fred and he was so helpful without being sales-y. He educated us, answered questions and provided several options for consideration.
Install went beautifully and the team cleaned up after themselves on both days - there was never an issue with them being in the house and they seemed to know their stuff.
I would highly recommend MacKay Heating and AC to anyone.

Thank you so much for writing such a detailed report for our entire work family!!!!!! I hope you would allow me, owner..Jamie and Andrew Blom..to please use your words..or part of it..to show what our true motive is about...this is it!!! you covered so much of their incredible out look in our industry...we are all on the same page.

I could not be prouder at this very moment of this company. I thank you from the very bottom of my exhausted heart!!!!!! thank you from Mackay Heating and Cooling

ugly accounting in
ugly accounting in
1 review Pelham, ON

New furnace

After 16 years of hard working, my furnace went dead last week. I always relied on Mackay for the check up so I called Mackay. Sales person visited my house on Monday and they put new Furnace today (Thursday). They could come early I believe but I couldn't get day off until Today.

I only get a quote from Mackay so I cannot tell whether Mackay was cheaper than the other companies but I guess the price should be competitive, or possibly slightly higher given that Mackay is reputable company. When it comes to maintaining a house, hiring a cheap company is not always good idea, which I learned in hard way.

I cannot tell how well they did their job because I am far from techy guy but I was impressed by the small things, like the way they put carpet for the stairs (for protection), or the way they put pipes, etc. I believe these small things add up in the end.

My original furnace was on the ground but Mackay put some sort of elevation so that my furnace will be saved from possible water damage in the basement. That was a nice surprise.

All in all, I am very happy with Mackay.
Again, I've never dealt with the other company so I cannot compare Mackay with others but I believe Mackay is at least as good as other companies.

Thank you so much for this incredible compliment to our incredibly hard working, caring work family!!! I adore that you only know us!!!! thank you for that. that is a huge compliment to our efforts, and at times, when our heads are heavy and tired, and the bigger guys have the money to advertise..we know you customers will pay for that...and we choose to do things the way things were done, when you only needed to shake a hand, and that deal was a solid as our blood lines.!!! thank you for pointing out the smaller things, that we are never ever not doing. even when no one is looking, this company does the RIGHT THING...at all times...it is our our own legacy. it is our promise to you all..so thank you so very very much...jamie blom vice president..Mackays

Private User reviews Saint Catharines, ON

New furnace and air conditioning

Have dealt with MacKay for years and find them very accommodating and knowledgeable. There technicians are very hard workers. Very pleasant and answered all my questions. Their sales person was very helpful in helping us choose the right furnace. I would recommend them anytime.

This is always a great thing to see!!! All of us at Mackay Heating and Cooling are thrilled to have such great shout outs!!!! We take the greatest pride in our work, as our LEGACY is so much greater than our bottom line!!!!! Our bottom line has always been the best place to work ever...no matter what Andrew and I do for living....and our customers...thank you so very much , especially in tough times to even have a business right now In Ontario!! Thank you so very much

Private User reviews Hawkesbury, ON

Industrial Heating Cooling

The Mackay Heating And Cooling team have done allot of work for me over the years in various Industrial , Commercial, settings and even in my own home. Darryl was always a fantastic technician and is a wealth of knowledge. He is spot on in diagnostics and very quick and efficient in repairs. They have solved many issues for me.
My AC unit is 18 years old and has required very little service. so far just a capacitor

As the Vice President of Mackay Heating and Cooling, this is so exciting!!!!! Great to see our Commercial Supportive customers, who are so wonderful, for giving us the change, showing our true colour, and our pure motive...and then you wrote about it!!! NO>>> thank you !!!!!! Darryl has been with us for about twenty years now. He has followed my husband, Andrew, and I to each every step of our climb to the place where we can truly offer you the bet of the best...all while reinvesting in our own skill set, and bringing our incredible, unwavering dedication to honesty. You deserve that. You have that right to have that kind of company in your buildings and your homes...your loved ones are there. WE want them in the best possible hands when it comes to working with GAS and electricity - in your places of rest, work and play!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the nod for our commercial/industrial sector..

R&B in
R&B in

Air Conditioner

Replaced our air conditioning unit fairly quickly and the technicians were very polite and respectful of our property. We have dealt with MacKay for years and have always been 100% satisfied with them. We would definitely and have recommended them to people we know. Thanks MacKay Heating & Air Conditioning!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a shout out and rate us so highly....We always get very excited about each and every single shout out. Our customers make us who we are . Each and every one of you!!!!!!! We appreciate that you have been with all our changes, our moving to always improve, and be here solid for you all!!! Our new location is our permanent location...which is at 2517 First Street Louth in St Catharines. We enjoy building these relationships and always have since 1967!!!! Thank you from our whole work family at MacKay Heating and Cooling.

Olaf
Olaf
5 reviews Saint Catharines, ON

Hot water heater purchase and installation

We are very happy with the service we received from the sales representative, the installers and the office staff. Everyone we had contact with was courteous, friendly and professional. We would not hesitate to recommend MacKay.

This is so great to read!!!! Thank you for including our office staff. We have incredible support back up...both Holly and Maureen are by far, the most dedicated, hardest working, impeccable attendance records, for our entire operation. Those girls are rock stars!!!! Reid is now our sweetest addition and he is hard working, bringing a ton of support in our shop for the techs and upstairs with the staff. Our installers are so caring about each and every project!!!!!! The work stands out even if you are not even the slightest technical!!!! Everyone at Mackay Heating and Cooling , thanks you!!!! Even our cat!!!!!!

Fred Boichuk in Saint Catharines
Fred Boichuk in Saint Catharines
1 review Niagara Regional Municipality, ON

Ductless air conditioning

It was a pleasure dealing with your company.
From Peter's help in deciding what unit to buy, what size was needed and where was the best location for installation to your installers, Don and Easton who were courteous, and considerate in keeping our home protected and cleaned up from start to finish. It is very rewarding to know that there are still people who take pride in there jobs. We are enjoying the heat pump now and look forward to the air conditioning. Thanks for your good service.

You got us spot on , in this one sir. If I can use that line, that brought this business owners smile from ear to ear. Yes...we take massive pride in our work. We have been sought after for the other bigger companies to buy us, but we keep at the thought that good brings good !!!! I will share this message with the techs, Don and Easton are one of the best installer teams in all of our Niagara Region. We have been blessed with the best workers any proud business ;smaller business owner could ask for.

Grace Klassen in Saint Catharines
Grace Klassen in Saint Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

excellent product backed by awesome customer service

Working proactively to replace our aging HVAC system, We had 5 companies in for estimates last November. MacKay was by far the best meeting of the 5.

Not only did Peter present a number of viable options based on price and energy efficiency, he was the only one who explained the importance of a correct installation. These guys are PASSIONATE about installing the product that is the right size for your home in a manner that exceeds the expectation of code. We also appreciated the patience with which Peter explained the different types of furnaces available and the pros and cons of each. Weighing all the information, it was an easy decision.

Don and Easton installed our new furnace and AC over 2 days. They were pleasant and efficient, and left the job site neat and tidy. They even had a red carpet to protect our stairs and floors on the way to the furnace room during the install. When done, Don took the time to walk me through the operation of the system.

MacKay takes care to complete the paperwork for Provincial rebates; Peter also connected us with an energy audit consultant for further rebates through Enbridge.

Sometimes big ticket home improvements can be intimidating and leave you wondering if you picked the right company to work with; MacKay is a slam dunk for excellent product, meticulous installation, and awesome customer service!

WOW!!!!!! THANK YOU FROM all of us at Mackay Heating and Cooling. I am so taken back by this post. This is what the statement and our entire mission is all about. You have literally taken the words out from under me...Wow. Thank you so very very much. This is such a wonderful review. I am wondering if you would allow us to use this incredible testimony to use in other projects to talk of our work?? There has been so many times that the short cuts have been suggested , and we said no. We could have taken more money home, and it would be a big savings...like other companies who are always putting them in , in one day...recommending and laughing that we could but we allow more time...so thank you!!! We needed this!!

Phil in Welland
Phil in Welland
1 review Port Colborne, ON

New Furnace

Old furnace broke down so we decided to purchase a new furnace. This being a large investment it was important to find a company we could trust to do good, reliable work. Using only the internet I found this company and saw what other reviewers were saying and felt confident to give them a try. That turned out to be a great decision. First we had Fred come out and he gave us many options when choosing our new furnace. Andrew and Zack came by the next day and did the install. Besides the excellent product and quick service, all workers were exceptionally friendly which is an added bonus. Special mention to Andrew who spent a lot of time giving me an education on how to maximize the heating and cooling in my home. Somebody needs to give that guy a raise:)

Thank you so much for calling on us to do your work, and then choosing us to be in your home and take care of such a major decision. We totally understand this entire process from your side of things, and work so hard to ensure there is a relationship as well with that equipment. You have purchased complete piece of mind, with a 50 year reputation for complete satisfaction. We are so proud to have grown, educated ourselves, and set the bar even higher than our completion. We want to. We don't have to....we WANT TOO!!! Andrew Cashmore...is an incredible technician who is such a respected industry standard of what technicians should truly be when they are passionate and proud of their career choice, which is more than a job, which is how we roll. Thanks so much Phil!!

More about Mac Kay Heating And Cooling

Heating and Cooling Service and Installation
Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in St. Catharines?