Alkon Electric Inc

Reviews for Alkon Electric Inc

DIANE in Toronto
DIANE in Toronto

trouble shooting

Very disappointed with my experience with Akon. I called to find out whether the reason my outlets were not working were the wiring or just the outlets.
Alex showed up and rudely announced to me that I was being charge $140 for the service call (not mentioned prior to his arrival) and then said it would cost $35 for each outlet he unscrewed from the wall in order to diagnose the problem. Then he proceeded to try and charge me $100 for each outlet he replaced. Total fee would have been $545 for an hours work. Outrageous fees. I paid $245 for basically nothing. Save yourself some money and contact someone else.

We apologize if you had a bad experience with us.

We told you the service call would be $140 dollars when you called us prior from us coming out. And you agreed to make an appointment. Alex showed up on site and told you it would be $140 for the service call when he showed up and told you each device would be 35 dollars to diagnose you're electrical issue, and you agreed and said go ahead. At the end when he found the issue he gave you an option if you wanted to repair the problem and the price would be $100 per Gfci replacement. And you said you would do it yourself. So the final Bill was $245 for the service and to diagnose the problem.
So we apologize if there was any misunderstanding but we at Alkon strive for making our customers Satisfied.

R &M
R &M

Removing fan and installing light fixture

This is the second time we have had electrical work done by Alkon. We have found them very pleasant to deal with. They completed the work quickly and in a very professional manner. I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Thank you so much for choosing alkon electric, glad to have met such nice people like you and your husband, and glad we could help.

eice2 in Toronto, Ontario Canada
eice2 in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Garage line reconnection

To have my lines protected for a downspout replacement, originally called them to tighten a loose line running from my house to my detached garage in the backyard but thanks to Alex and Dimitri, I ended up saving money as they recommended that I just disconnect the line and then reconnect when the downspout job was finished. They were able to disconnect the same day with no issues and came back the few weeks later when I called to schedule for reconnection.
I would definitely recommend Alex and Dimitri, they were very professional and pleasant to deal with.....thanks Alex and Dimitri!

Thank you for that great review. We are glad that we saved you money and satisfied you're electrical needs.

Arlene in Toronto
Arlene in Toronto

Replace LED Dimmer Switches

After a handyman was unable to troubleshoot the issue with my dimmers I searched HomeStars for a reputable electrician. Alkon responded promptly and assured me they could fix the problem! They accommodated my busy schedule and showed up at the exact time promised. I was quoted the price in advance so there were no unexpected charges. The dimmer switches were replaced in under an hour and the service was pleasant and professional. I will definitely recommend Alkon Eletric Inc to my friends and colleagues.

Thank you arelene for your nice review,we were glad we could help you out with your dimmers,wishing you all the best.

Cheers
Alkon electric

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Electrical outlet repair and diagnostic

We bought a condo that had some renovations done prior. We needed a pro to repair an outlet, make sure everything is safe and do some diagnostics to determine if we could install a new over the range microwave. Dmitry and Alex came and repaired the outlet and gave us a full assessment of our options. We decided based on the assessment not to install the over the range microwave at this time. We will definately be using Alkon Electric if we ever need any electrical work done again. They are real pros, very honest and knowledgeable!

Thank you for that great review.
We were glad that we solved you're electrical issue and everything is safe now.

Alexsey.Permitin
Alexsey.Permitin
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Lights in the garage

great guys, great attitude.
We needed some work to be done in our garage, and we're very happy.
Diligent, polite and just really nice to deal with.
Excellent work.

Thank you for your great review, Glad we were able to help out with your lighting in and around your garage, enjoy your beautiful home

philip
philip

Replacing fluorescent lights with LEDs

Dimitir and Alex were pleasant, quick and helpful. I would do business with them again.

Thank you for your review philip, That was a very thoughfull birthday gift on your part,your mom was really happy with her new kitchen lighting.

Julia
Julia

New closet and laundry room lighting with motion sensors

Dimitri and Alex did a great job. They wired in two new closet lights and four new fixtures in my laundry room. All energy efficient fixtures with motion sensors. They also replaced 6 dimmer switches in my house with LED compatible ones so that I can now properly dim my LED bulbs.

Thanks guys!

Thank you julia for your nice review, we really hope you enjoy you new dimmers and lighting in your home. Cheers!!!

shemuelr
shemuelr

Hooked up signage for business.

I called Alkon Electric looking for emergency work on a sign that had been installed for a week and, still no power. They came out that day and looked and what was supposed to be an easy job, however in fact it was a lot more complicated and involved.

The final work after all was said and done was done efficiently and professionally, and they even came back the next day to do a second part of the job even though they had a full schedule. They could see my frustration and ensured that I was taken care of. I will be contracting Alkon for all of my electrical needs whether it's professionally or residential as I know I can rely on them to do the job well and be fair at the same time.

Thanks you for turning a somewhat frustrating situation into a very positive one for me effortlessly.

Thank you for that great review Rachel, we are very happy that we met you and resolved you're sign problem. We wish you asafe and happy holiday. Cheers

margijmiller
margijmiller

Electrical Repair

Demetrie and Alex came out on a Sunday to repair a power outage in the sun room.
They were prompt and professional and everything was diagnosed and repaired within one hour.
A new breaker was required, and they did a great job of explaining how everything works, and advising on things to think about in the future.

Thank you Margie were happy we got your problem resolved and you can have a warm sunroom to enjoy for the holidays!!! Seasons greetings.

More about Alkon Electric Inc

Alkon Electic is an Electrical Contractor Company that is fully insured, licensed, bonded, recognized by ESA and WSIB. With 15 years of experience, we strive for complete customer satisfaction. We are family owned and operated servicing Toronto, Etobicoke, North York, Thornhill, Scarborough, Markham and all surrounding areas within the GTA.

Our services include:
Service Upgrades (100 / 200 Amp)
Wiring inspection for Insurance Certificates
Fuse Panel Conversion To Circuit Breaker Panels
Knob & Tube Wiring
Aluminum Wiring
Installation of plugs for appliances (stoves, microwaves, washer/dryer)
Repairs or upgrades to comply with current code requirements.
Surge Protection
Smoke Detectors
Carbon Monoxide Detectors.
Troubleshooting
Home Inspections
Pool and Spa Wiring and Controls.
Outdoor lighting / low voltage lighting Deck Lighting LED Potlights.
COMMERCIAL * INDUSTRIAL * HIGH-RISE & INSTITUTIONAL
Security and Parking Lot Lighting
Showroom & Warehouse Lighting
Energy Efficient Retro Fit Solutions

Electricians
Service Upgrades (100 / 200 Amp),wiring inspection for Insurance Certificates, Fuse Panel Conversion To Circuit Breaker Panels,Knob & Tube Wiring,Aluminum Wiring,Installation of plugs for appliances (stoves, microwaves, washer/dryer) Repairs or upgrades to comply with current code requirements. Surge Protection, Smoke Detectors, Carbon Monoxide Detectors. Troubleshooting -Home Inspections -Pool and Spa Wiring and Controls. Outdoor lighting / low voltage lighting Deck Lighting LED Potlights. COMMERCIAL * INDUSTRIAL * HIGH-RISE & INSTITUTIONAL •HVAC Disconnects • Ballast Replacement • Power Distribution Systems •Equipment Relocation •Preventive Maintenance •Switch Gear Maintenance • Security and Parking Lot Lighting • Showroom & Warehouse Lighting • Energy Efficient Retro Fit Solutions
Seimens and Cutler Hammer for Electrical panels, RAB Design for outdoor Lighting, Kiddie Carbon monoxide/smoke detectors, Contrast lighting, Lutron, Leviton, Hubbell.
2010