Niko's Gardening Inc

Reviews for Niko's Gardening Inc

Jeffrey in Thornhill
Jeffrey in Thornhill

Re-Sod

These guys are outstanding. The entire process from the initial consultation to scheduling the work to actually laying down new sod was so smooth and seamless. Not only that, the quality of the work is outstanding, and the guys worked tirelessly to get it all done in one day (they stayed until after 9:00 p.m. to get it all done). Incredible. I'd highly recommend Greg and his team.

Thank you Jeffrey for your review, it was our pleasure.

Mark L in Vaughan
Mark L in Vaughan

New lawn installation

NIKO'S GARDENING INC. installed a new lawn on my backyard one and a half months ago. The company provided great, professional service from estimation to the detailed instructions how to take care of lawn after installation. Greg is always available to answer your questions. Company has excellent, user friendly website. I can definitely recommend this company.

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your review, it was our pleasure and always just a phone call away.

Scott in Toronto
Scott in Toronto

New Lawn in our Backyard

We now have the best looking yard on the street thanks to Greg and his team at Niko's Gardening! If you are looking to sod an area of your home then call Greg. You won't be disappointed. From the initial call to discuss the project through to the install they have been nothing short of excellent. Our project was clearly defined and quoted after an initial visit and as soon as sod was available the work got started. After a full day of work to level and prep the area a new lawn was born. Greg has been great since the install as well responding quickly to my questions about keeping the lawn looking it best. Thanks guys for transforming our yard!

Thank you Scott for taking the time to write a review. On behalf of Niko's Gardening Inc it is a great pleasure for all of us to work with you. We appreciate your recommendation and feel free to pass our name along to any friends or family that are looking to update their outdoor living space.

Private User reviews Etobicoke, ON

Excellent service & grass but weeds still exist

I waited until the following year after install to provide my rating to provide a better review.
The company pre-sales, installation work and grass quality are excellent.
The post sales support for yellowing grass during heat wave was average.
The natural vinegar old grass/weed killer is unsatisfactory and below average. I would suggest they use a much stronger weed killer since plenty of weeds have risen during the 1st year after installation which I am pretty sure is because they could not kill all the previous lawns weeds with their natural solution.
Summary:
Great company and grass product but consider alternatives if you have plenty of weeds on your existing lawn.

Dear Client,

Thank you for your honest review. As we feel that this review is mostly a positive review we appreciate the feedback which will allow us to learn and grow.

As this review was posted under a private user we will not be able to answer specific to your property and explain our side of the story regarding post sale support on yellowing grass. Last year we did have a terrible heatwave that damaged numerous lawns. We have instructed all of our clients to increase their watering schedule in order to keep it from turning yellow from the heat as to not go dormant in the summer as well as cutting the grass higher at about 3 inches long.

As for the weed killing we are not allowed to use pesticide as there is a ban in Ontario. As well as the pesticide will contaminate the soil and may affect the new grass growth. We provide a natural solution to our clients that will not contaminate the soil and will not harm the environment. It might not be as strong as a non selective herbicide but this is all we can use. Most companies in the GTA do not provide any weed killing solution so we think that having something is better than nothing. Over the years we had good results killing lawn and weed with vinegar and will keep offering this solution as an alternative to harsh herbicide or as oppose to no solution at all as our competition.

We hope that with a great maintenance and good lawn care your lawn will keep thriving.

Niko's Gardening Team

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

New Lawn

Loved the service. Beautiful grass and superb finish. I am in love! I am impressed with the fast service. And the Owner was very pleasant to deal with. If youre thinking lawn care / new turf must get these guys!

Thank you for your review, it was our pleasure.

Sheila in Toronto
Sheila in Toronto

Front Lawn sodded

We are so pleased with the work Greg and his team did for our lawn. After 11 months of not having a lawn due to our home renovation, the soil had hardened and weeds as well as tree roots had been exposed.

Greg's team were punctual, friendly and took such care in softening the soil, removing the weeds, covering the tree roots, leveling, grading and laying down a nice thick carpet of sod. It looks fabulous!

I especially like the convenience and efficiency of the payment process online and the online resources for caring for our new lawn.

I wish you did landscaping too!

Thank you Sheila for taking the time to write a review.

Private User reviews Simcoe County, ON

Great Job by Niko's Gardening

Greg & his crew made our backyard look great again. For some reason, our back grass turned yellow and large areas ended up bare and overall my backyard looked ugly.
Niko's was recommended by Angelo's Gardening Centre and the service I received from Greg at Niko's was very professional.
I am very happy with the complete process

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your recommendation.

David Dolman from North York
David Dolman from North York

Sodding - New Lawn Installation

'Niko's Gardening' is very professional. They replaced my lawn in a manner exactly as they said they would do, at a price which was precisely the agreed to estimate, on the day they said they would come. My lawn looks wonderful now. I am very happy with both the results and the service I received.

Thank you David for taking the time to write a review. On behalf of Niko's Gardening Inc it is a great pleasure for all of us to work with you. We appreciate your recommendation.

Iain Cooper from Vaughan
Iain Cooper from Vaughan

New sod front and back, plus rear yard levelling

We have struggled with poor quality sod for a while. That and weeds that never seem to quit, it was time for some new sod! Greg and his crew spent the better part of the day levelling our back yard out, cultivating the soil and adding in some clear gravel to the side of my house. Day two was new sod front and back as well as a top notch clean up. I am so happy, I signed up for weed control and weekly grass cutting. Great company. Love the trucks...!

Thank you for the review Ian!
We treat all our client homes like it is our own!
-Greg

Andy
Andy

Resodding

I needed my lawn to be redone ( resodding). I spent a lot of time on the phone and on the internet. I spoke to and met a lot of people about this project. I felt most comfortable with Greg from Nikos Gardening. He was on time, answered all my questions, has an excellent website, he gave me a price and that price never changed. His crew was polite, they worked hard and did an outstanding job. Even the cleanup after the sodding was impeccable. I can only recommend this company, because if you're as fussy as I am, you will want to talk to them. Thank you very much for a job very well done.

Thank you Andy for taking the time to write a review. On behalf of Niko's Gardening Inc it was a great pleasure for all of us to work with you.

More about Niko's Gardening Inc

We are a 13-year old lawn care and Sod Installations (Sodding) company. We use the best Sod (Zander's) and Soil (GrowMax) available, and back our service with the best possible post-installation customer service and support. We provide: - Sod Installation (Sodding) across the GTA - Raccoon protection across the GTA ...