Ted is the only person you need to call to do any kind if bathroom exhaust fan work. He is a master at his job. No mess no fuss. Full marks!! Keep it up Ted!!
two washrooms needed fans, including duct work and vents
- one stop shop for all work (electric, roof, drywall etc), rather than dealing with couple of companies
- cleaned the place well before they left removing all debris
- team was super courteous (i wont rate Ted himself that high unfortunately, but not so bad either)
- Struck to provided quote, no surprises
- fans are super silent
- my biggest problem was the price negotiation involved, was quoted a price. i checked for lower number and the answer was yes. I am not sure if i should have negotiated further or i got a good price. I expect good professional to be fair on price first time. (may be its just me)
-forced his fans, whereas when i read reviews here people have got their own fans installed as well.
- a bit of "cut the corner" mindset, during electric work the point where new switch (For fan) was added ...the wiring was shared with somelights, when the plug was put in socket the light started flickering and wire came out. Ted just insert/pushed it in and no proper screwing and tightening ....when i politely asked about loose wire, he just turned the switch on/off to say...see no flickering. When he knew i am talking of loose wire....i generally avoid conflict so i let it go as i myself am handy and thought to do it myself after he leaves
The light flickering was due to light switch being turned off. Do know what the customers complaints are about, since he would not give me his real name initially (there is no Aqua in Saint-Laurent), he got the job done for a 10% discount, and was watching us throughout the job. As I mention to all customers, I only install my brand of fan, which I can guarantee.
Ted is an expert specialist and deserves the title of "THE FAN MAN". He has all the right tools and skills and makes a tricky job look easy. He is adept at climbing into old attics and up onto the roof to install the vents and piping and he has all the ladders and materials to do a high quality installation in about 2 hours. This is definitely not a do it yourself job for a novice. You won't find anyone any better for this job.
Ted installed two bathroom fans that originally didn't have the proper ventilation set up - one in main floor that needed to be vented through the roof, and another in the basement that had no vent and he vented out to the side of the house. He was prompt, efficient, and did full install of both fans in a timely manner. He even helped replace our old flexible dryer hose with a rigid hose at no cost.
Efficient, fast and effective. Thanks Ted!
We had already purchased 2 bathroom fans and needed a professional to install them. Ted and his partner did a wonderful job and completed the installation in about 3 hours, including the vents in the roof.
We were very impressed with their professionalism.
Many thanks Ted!
Everything written in the reviews is true. Ted and his helper are wonderful and set the bar high for all contractors, in their work and professionalism. The bathroom fan installs went well, and there was little evidence that there was any renovation work done at all! Unfortunately for me, the kitchen range hood/exhaust fan did not go well, and there were two areas where the exhaust leaked back into the kitchen. The first leak was between the range hood and the cabinets, and the second was were the seams in the duct were taped. I'm not an expert, but it seems to me the duct sizes were mismatched and metal tape was used to seal the seam. I asked if this could be fixed and was told that the kitchen range hood was not his expertise and was done as a favour for the homeowner. Ted said that he might come by to take a look if he was in the area, but I'm guessing I'll need to hire someone to fix it, or go to home depot and try and fix it myself. (as an aside, he recommended his brother-in-law to do some brick repointing/mortar repair work. He ended up damaging the brick and I thick I'll have to hire another person to repair or repair it myself. Oh well. Live and learn. I really debated writing this review as I don't like giving negative reviews, but wanted to let others know to stick with bathroom fan installs and to stay away from kitchen range hood installs.)
We recently sold our home & 1 of the conditions of sale was to have bathroom fans installed in 2 bathrooms. When I found The Fan Man on the web I figured with a company name such as this, they must know their stuff. Well my hunch was correct! Ted arrived as expected on time even though I was not located in his immediate area. In short, Ted & his associate Dave did an excellent job installing the fans. Ted installs only Panasonic series fans and when turned on were hard to even hear any noise at all. If you are looking for a true professional to install any fan into a home new or old, I would absolutely suggest The Fan Man. I was more than impressed with the finished product x 2.
R. Purdy Ajax ON
Very happy with the work that was done. Ted and his partner covered everything, were fast, and very clean. Amazed with how quiet these Panasonic fans are! Well worth the investment! No more fogged mirrors after hot showers.
Thanks again Ted!
The Fan Man arrived as scheduled, took the time to point out problems with the existing installation, then went ahead and corrected those problems without charging anything more than the original quote.
Thanks for your comments