The Fan Man

Mississauga ON L5N 4X4

Reviews for The Fan Man

JD in Mississauga
JD in Mississauga

Install new bathroom exhaust fan

Ted is an expert specialist and deserves the title of "THE FAN MAN". He has all the right tools and skills and makes a tricky job look easy. He is adept at climbing into old attics and up onto the roof to install the vents and piping and he has all the ladders and materials to do a high quality installation in about 2 hours. This is definitely not a do it yourself job for a novice. You won't find anyone any better for this job.

d_flamez in East York
d_flamez in East York

Install of two Panasonic bathroom fans

Ted installed two bathroom fans that originally didn't have the proper ventilation set up - one in main floor that needed to be vented through the roof, and another in the basement that had no vent and he vented out to the side of the house. He was prompt, efficient, and did full install of both fans in a timely manner. He even helped replace our old flexible dryer hose with a rigid hose at no cost.
Efficient, fast and effective. Thanks Ted!

Cristina from Thornhill
Cristina from Thornhill

Installation of 2 Panasonic Bathroom Fans

We had already purchased 2 bathroom fans and needed a professional to install them. Ted and his partner did a wonderful job and completed the installation in about 3 hours, including the vents in the roof.
We were very impressed with their professionalism.
Many thanks Ted!

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Expert bathroom fan installations, but not kitchen range hoods

Everything written in the reviews is true. Ted and his helper are wonderful and set the bar high for all contractors, in their work and professionalism. The bathroom fan installs went well, and there was little evidence that there was any renovation work done at all! Unfortunately for me, the kitchen range hood/exhaust fan did not go well, and there were two areas where the exhaust leaked back into the kitchen. The first leak was between the range hood and the cabinets, and the second was were the seams in the duct were taped. I'm not an expert, but it seems to me the duct sizes were mismatched and metal tape was used to seal the seam. I asked if this could be fixed and was told that the kitchen range hood was not his expertise and was done as a favour for the homeowner. Ted said that he might come by to take a look if he was in the area, but I'm guessing I'll need to hire someone to fix it, or go to home depot and try and fix it myself. (as an aside, he recommended his brother-in-law to do some brick repointing/mortar repair work. He ended up damaging the brick and I thick I'll have to hire another person to repair or repair it myself. Oh well. Live and learn. I really debated writing this review as I don't like giving negative reviews, but wanted to let others know to stick with bathroom fan installs and to stay away from kitchen range hood installs.)

Randy in Toronto
Randy in Toronto

Install of 2 bathroom fans

We recently sold our home & 1 of the conditions of sale was to have bathroom fans installed in 2 bathrooms. When I found The Fan Man on the web I figured with a company name such as this, they must know their stuff. Well my hunch was correct! Ted arrived as expected on time even though I was not located in his immediate area. In short, Ted & his associate Dave did an excellent job installing the fans. Ted installs only Panasonic series fans and when turned on were hard to even hear any noise at all. If you are looking for a true professional to install any fan into a home new or old, I would absolutely suggest The Fan Man. I was more than impressed with the finished product x 2.
R. Purdy Ajax ON

Shawn
Shawn

Replaced old noisey bathroom fans

Very happy with the work that was done. Ted and his partner covered everything, were fast, and very clean. Amazed with how quiet these Panasonic fans are! Well worth the investment! No more fogged mirrors after hot showers.
Thanks again Ted!

BZinToronto in Toronto
BZinToronto in Toronto

Expert work

The Fan Man arrived as scheduled, took the time to point out problems with the existing installation, then went ahead and corrected those problems without charging anything more than the original quote.

Thanks for your comments

Juan in Toronto
Juan in Toronto

New fan in upstairs bathroom

I live in a townhouse that was built in the early '70s so the upstairs bathroom doesn't have a fan. As you can imagine, I didn't want to go through another winter of hot steamy showers and closed windows leading to the growth of nasty mildew. And who really wants to open any windows in the middle of winter?

I reached out the Fan Man and a few others through HomeStars and based on the reviews and responses, I felt that Fan Man was the best option in terms of affordability and the work that would be done. Since there is no fan at all, the job required cutting into the ceiling and roof, installing the necessary ductwork, the fan and the switches. We arranged a date Nov-3rd, 2017, with an arrival for 10AM and he arrive with wife a few minutes before 10, which I liked as I'm a very punctual person myself. They both came in, I showed them what needed to be done, they setup towels and ensure to maintain a clean work area and a few hours later the work was done, the job site was clean and we had an amazing, almost whisper-like bathroom installed. I would certainly recommend The Fan Man for any fan-related work.

Juan: Thanks for your positive review. We are happy that you are satisfied with the fan and installation.

Marshall in Ajax
Marshall in Ajax
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Bathroom Fan installation - 240 CFM inline for master + 80 CFM fan for main

We unfortunately did not get to point of actual installation with the "Fan Man". After originally quoting an in line fan with two in takes for our master bathroom, without viewing our home or lay out, the owner suddenly explained we would need to install separate fans and switches at higher cost and would not honour original quote or plan for an inline fan. Also demanded a "cash only" arrangement which we were not comfortable providing.

We tried to explain the location of one of the fans would be located at the front of the home and we prefer not to have a roof vent installed and visible from the street.

The Fan Man then suddenly informed us he no longer is servicing the East GTA.

Probably fortunate this contractor self selected himself out from our project. I prefer to deal with a professionals who can provide contracts, receipts and peace of mind of a job well done given the work involves puncturing the roof and working with electrical connections in the attic space.

Marshall: Unfortunately, I could not service your request for fan installations. I have decided to concentrate my installations to my local area, due to travel time and traffic to the east end of the GTA. I hope you are pleased with your new Panasonic fans. They are the best product on the market, and I am sure you will be pleased. Ted

Gary from Toronto
Gary from Toronto

Fantastic Bathroom Fan Installations

Ted and Sue arrived promptly today to install 3 fans and timer switches. I've had Panasonic fans before so I was excited to have my old ones replaced. They're so quiet and the timers are great.

I won't drone on. In short, they're clean, knowledgeable, courteous, and reasonably priced. I was working from home and they were very efficient with the installations.

Unfortunately one of the three Panasonic fans would not fit into my Powder room without impacting the crown moulding. Ted has offered to look into a quieter motor replacement for the builder's grade fan that is there now.

Will definitely refer the FanMan to friends and use him again if needed! Pricing was very reasonable!

Gary: Thank you for your comments. You are familiar with the quality and very quiet Panasonic fans that we install. We replaced the builders grade fans in your current house with new Panasonic fans along with new timers. Unfortunately, we could not install a Panasonic fan in the powder room because of the size constraints. We will try to find an alternate that is much quieter to fit this space. Ted

More about The Fan Man

The Fan Man installs quality, quiet Panasonic fans to help eliminate mold, moisture and humidity.
Looking for Bathroom Renovation pros in Mississauga?