Bothwell Furniture

D. from Rodney
D. from Rodney
3 reviews Rodney, ON

Purchased Furniture

I purchased a leather, lazy boy chair from Bothwell Furniture and asked to have the chair delivered to my home. The chair was delivered out of any type of box or covering to protect the chair. Needless to say there was a big scratch in the leather right down the front of the chair. I called the store and they asked the delivery men to return the chair back to the store. They insisted that one of the warehouse workers could deliver another chair that same day in the back of his pick-up truck. After telling them for 15 minutes that I did not want a chair delivered in the back of a pick-up truck (as I could do that myself with my own pick-up truck), I asked for a brand new chair to be delivered still in the box. They said they could deliver the following week. So I waited. When the second chair arrived, there was no box, just plastic around the chair. I asked if it was a new chair and was assured it was. When I brought the chair into my home, I saw that it was the demo chair from the showroom floor. I knew it was the showroom floor demo because when the owner of the store turned the chair over in the store to explain how the chair is disassembled, there was a "knot" in the wooden cross bar that I saw. And the chair that is now in my home has that same knot in it. I have been so upset with their customer service and un-truth, that I could not even call them back to ask them about it.