Supreme Concrete

Reviews for Supreme Concrete

Jag007 in Toronto
Jag007 in Toronto

do not do it!!!

So i gave Leone a deposit for the job the JUST started . Then he had to go and work on other jobs . I understand people are busy. However, week after week he gave me excuse after excuse as to why he couldn't do it that week. I explained my wife is pregnant and i needed it completed sooner rather than later. He told me if he didn't complete they job by a certain date he would refund the money. So when that date came and went so did his responses and and replys to my texts and emails.
So i had to hire other people to do the job he originally quote me on.
So please read this and do not move forward with him...explain that he is not a honorable person and should be ashamed with what he does to people.

jewestone on front porch

I was very disappointed with the work done. The designer was very distracted, rushing to finish job. Lines were not straight. The colour change following epoxy was not explained. The grout looks lime green. DO NOT use for jewelstone.
They never call you back and finally when I returned his call, 3 times, his mailbox was full. He threatened me with a lawsuit, after I paid him in full $. He yelled and screamed at me, instead of being professional and setting a date to come and fix his poor job. He always says he is "coming" but always has an excuses. Never wants to commit to a date. I should have read all the prior reviews BEFORE letting them do the work. The law states that the consumer is entitled to keep 10% of the cost of the job if consumer is unhappy. I can say 100%, that I have a clean conscious. They got their money.

Frank in Toronto
Frank in Toronto

Buyer beware

My dear friends the term buyer beware never applies more than when dealing with this company. They had me letter ally crying right from the start on realizing what a mistake I made in hiring them. They changed everything we agreed to after I had paid. Leone' a response was that things change. To redo a walkway and patio they ran out of cement twice and had to buy concrete mix from a bag to complete the job. A crack developed even before they finished the job. I had asked Leone to drop everything halfway through and leave if he would return some of my money but he refused. He is a master of the bait and switch. Promises will not be kept. I believe I would have done a better job myself.

This client was very happy with the job once completed, so he stated. He was always paranoid from the beginning and was always talking to my workers and making them feel uncomfortable. He kept changing his mind on what he wanted before we even started. He was kept updated on a daily basis of what needed to be done.

Be careful of Leone Supreme concrete Image inc

Mr Leone you seam to reply on this website but why do you fear and the law if you feel you are correct why do you hide behind POX address?
Provide your a proper business address on this website so you can be served for court?
In Response to Leone reply to my complaint, I would like to ask.
Mr. Leone, 99% of legitimate business owners provide their full first name and last name on their business cards and website. You only provide a name. Why?
Further they provide a legitimate physical address of their business.
You do not provide an address on your business card or website. In fact, if searched your company only has a PO Box address.
Why is it?
This is my challenge to Mr Leone.
Mr Leone I want you to prove to all readers that you are an business man with integrity, therefore I ask you make an appointment with me at your lawyer's office so that at a later date you can be served to appear in small claim Court.
Mr. Leone, If I loose in a court of law against you I promise to pay all your legal fees in full and I will pay for your time lost. Fair?
Further, if a judge rules against me I herein confirm and promise to come back to this website and apologize to you that I was wrong and why and I will disclose my full name.
Mr. Leone this is your chance to vindicate and redeem your business integrity.
Let's let a judge decide who is wrong just like most people do.
GT

I hired Leone because he was working next door to my house, in one word he is a living nightmare.
Because I had to travel he insisted that I pay him in advance and he would do the job while I was away.
When I came back he only did a third of the job, this job needs to be redone because it coming loose and needs to be removed and replaced.
He also removed my side door step and did not replace it with a new one as agreed, now the step is 14 inched high and my granddaughter keep falling because it is too high, further it does not comply with the building codes.
Leone has disappeared and he ignores all my text and phone calls. The only time I got him on the phone is when I called from the airport. If you call with no ID he will not answers.
My neighbour is also not very happy and he is willing to testify in court against him.
In other words he did a rotten third of the job and took off with the rest of the money.
He agreed to give me a bill but he disappeared.
I have been in the construction business for 40 Years I have never met a horrible contractor like him.
It gets worst, if you want to take him to court it will take extra legal work, he hides his last name and proper correct address on his website and his business card.
If you plan to give a job ask to see his driver licences so it will be easy to take to court if you need too.
I have also notice that he may reply of this website anonymously as customer to counter balance. A real artist
Be careful of Leone Supreme Concrete Image INC. I have regretted to have hired him and now I am $3,300 short and $1,000 repair damage.
It takes time to get his legal address, he hides well but impossible. Soon he will have to explain to a judge why he hides his address I found it and will soon serve him for small claim court.
The law shall follow him soon.

There always 2 sides to every story. Out of 100 clients there are usually a couple that are clients from hell. This client is a liar and a hypocrite. I did not ask to be paid in advance, he offered because he was going on vacation. I have spoken to him many times and his "story" always changes like his mood. The neighbour is happy with his job and has no complaints. As for the bill, I wanted to give him one but he kept on insisting that he didn't want one because he didn't want to pay taxes. He also stated that since he paid by cheque, that would be his receipt. He still owes taxes.
We have many happy clients. Referrals are always available.

Concrete walkaway

Leone and his man showed up on time, and did work the way we discussed. They were polite and I am very happy with work they did. I would definitely recommend Supreme Concrete.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity of doing your job. It was a pleasure.

Kris  from Toronto
Kris from Toronto

Concrete work

Leone is not an honest man. Please take it from someone who has been ripped off, you will not be pleased with his service. Besides the fact that he abandoned garbage on our lawn, severely damaging the grass and taking down our fence without putting it back up, he also took over 6 weeks to complete a job that he promised would take no more than a week. The concrete laid down cracked after only a week, rebars were never installed and the stamp concrete came out three tone. The concrete poured was no where near level and our weeping tiles was left blocked. This man claimed to build townhouse complexes but completed work that no professional would leave their name on. The workers only worked 2-4 hours a few days every 2 weeks. Calls were unreturned and he never came back to cut the concrete or put back the fence that was taken down without homeowners permission. After abandoning garbage all over our lawn and a dumpster on our driveway with no response to calls, he than had the dumpster bill that he was supposed to cover put in our names. We now have to pay another contractor to come in and redo his work. It took him 3 weeks from pouring the concrete to come in and put the sealing coat. Stay far away from this contractor. Numerous neighbours have knocked on our doors also looking for him with similar horror stories of abandoned garbage and I completed jobs. Did I mention that his business card has false information including a false address. He uses no last name on any paper work, probably to dodge other u stratified clients. Please find someone else to do the job he never even finished what was promised!!!

The Client is NOT always right and the contractor is NOT always at fault.
In this case the contractor is NOT at fault. The lawn was not severely damaged. Plus the contract states in writing that the company is not responsible for landscaping, which the client acknowledged at the start. The fence was taken down due to the fact to allow machine to enter the back. The fence was restored with new planks and posts at no extra cost. We also have pictures to show this. The "job" took 6 weeks because waterproofing was later added to the job. This delayed the original cement job. She also called in other companies to make sure everything was being done properly and they all agreed that it was being done properly and professionally. Rebars were placed which should have been charged extra but wasn't, we also have pictures to prove this. Fibre was also added to the cement. The weeping tiles were already blocked from before but the client decided not to have it fixed. We never claimed to build townhouse complexes. We work with cement around or inside the buildings not the actual buildings. My workers worked full days when needed. Calls were returned but when someone calls every 10 minutes.... It was explained to the client about the fence and OK'd it coming down and it was fully restored with new boards and posts on the entrance in fact. The dumpster bill was fully paid for (receipts to prove this). I was called by the company stating that they did not take the bin because extra garbage was dumped inside by the clients which incurred extra costs. They put extra garbage so the client is responsible for the extra cost. The address is a real address on my business card. The reason the job was "abandoned" was because extra work (from 1600 sqft of cement ended up being 2150sqft) of a cost of $8,000 approx. was added and the client did not want to pay plus she still has $1,250 in her hands which she did not pay as agreed. She also does not want to pay the HST owing. She has contracts and also paid by cheques and stated she did not want to pay the taxes. And she claims to work for Revenue Canada? I would advise any contractor that wants to work at this location to stay very far away. She will give you problems from day one. She will also give your workers problems, so much so, that they won't want to work there at all. I had workers leave because of her and her son's behavior. She will also find every excuse NOT to pay the full amount or nothing at all.

Jewel Stone: Porch & Mutual walkway concrete walkway

This company was referred to us however, shame on us for not doing our research. Leone only communicates via text (even this is limited) he is quick to ask for money. He started the work and placed the wrong colour. Since October 4, he hasn't returned to complete the job. My front porch is taken apart and not accessible. Legal proceedings are about to take place against Leone & Supreme Concrete.

The front porch was not taken apart. Jewelstone was applied on top of the original structure (porch and steps) I had been talking and keeping the husband up to date almost on a daily basis. (which I have proof) The husband actually requested me not to talk to the wife. We did not return to the job because she stated that she would call the police. The job was completed and paid for but then there was a misunderstanding on the colour so it needed to be redone. It was almost finished when she started getting involved with text messages threatening to call the police. The total cost of the jewelstone job was $3,000 not $5,000 as she states.

Carol B from Toronto
Carol B from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Wall parking and cement steps

poor quality and the craftsmanship is just so terrible. I could have done better myself. What a sloppy mess. I called to have Leon come back to inspect however after multiple attempts to reach him, my calls were ignored.

Valeri in Etobicoke
Valeri in Etobicoke
9 reviews ETOBICOKE, ON

Stamped Concrete Driveway

This is an update to my original review. The job has been completed in 25 days, the work looks ok, except for the crack in the middle of driveway, different tints on two sides of the crack, white blemishes from sealer applied to wet surface and my house being covered in cement.

Payment vs completing the job: they demanded 50% before work started at $14/sq.ft for 650 sq.ft area and another 50% the day before pouring cement.

When I originally asked for an estimate, he said it would take 2 days, 3 days tops, weather permitting. Surprises started from day one when they worked only for 3 hours and were gone for the rest of the day and well as for the next 4 days. When I asked about originally promised 3 days and good weather being royally wasted, he said they usually do it in period of 10 days. Later, when 10 days passed as well, I was told that it usually takes at least a month to complete the job. When 3 weeks passed, he said that some of his customers wait for 6 months. I would prefer is someone could be frank with me from the get go.

Jus to complete the story, after demolishing and removing my old driveway, they disappeared for 4 days, 3 of which were absolutely beautiful dry and sunny September days that are not too hot or cold, just perfect for any outdoor job. Finally perfect weather came to an end with a pouring rain which lasted all day long. The very next morning, at the first sun break in the sky they came and immediately started pouring concrete, when the ground was still soaking wet and soft (too soft to pour concrete in my opinion). They did not prepare the underlayment either - did not set or compress or lever the crushed stone bed, did not put rebars or any other metal reinforcement. When pouring concrete they splashed the house with dirt, even windows on the main floor got dirty, not to mention main entrance fibreglass door with a big side glass lite all covered in concrete too.

Once they poured the concrete, they disappeared again so I was left with a thick layer of a releaser dust with no way for me and my kids to enter the house without getting all dirty. They came 3 days later to wash the dust away. They also removed the wood forms and ... put them on my front yard, where it remained for more than two weeks; leaving yellowed-dead grass underneath after it was finally removed.

The finished driveway now has two colors: second truck came with a different color tint and the division between two colors happen to be in the most visible area - right in the middle of the driveway. A week after concrete was poured the entire driveway slab cracked in half, top to bottom - right between two mixers. Anyone if this business knows that the concrete had to be cut the very next day after it was poured specifically to prevent it from cracking early into the curing.

The concrete was eventually cut, ten days after it was poured, by a hand held gas saw, making long lines not very straight, but that is ok. What is not ok is that they covered my daughter’s stroller with dirt once again, this time with concrete dust. Was it to hard to move the stroller away?

Sealing: 5 gallon sealer pile was there for a week waiting for “a professional” to come who was going to apply it with a pump. They man showed up 3 p.m. in the afternoon but could not power wash it because he lacked the connector to the water hose. So he just washed it from water hose without any pressure, which left most of the dirt where it was. It was getting dark when he started rolling the sealer (no pump); so half of the job was done in complete darkness. Don’t ask me why. Add to this that it was a rainy day with 100% humidity, meaning that the surface was absolutely wet with standing water in some spots.

My take is that most if not all things that went wrong could have been easily prevented, but no one seemed to bother. A word of advice to homeowners: if you think about replacing your driveway, learn from my example and invest into a interlock instead. Even if you are not happy with original work, it is so much easier to fix or change the design of it later. Stamped concrete, in contrast, is close to impossible to fix. The only way to change anything about it is to completely demolish it and do something else from scratch.

Review has 1 previous version