Northern Electronics & Appliance

Reviews for Northern Electronics & Appliance

Super
Super

Awful service

Awful is the only word to use for this company. I cracked my cook top and they are the only Bosch repair in my area. The first visit the technician was complaining and swearing about how bad the company is to him the whole time, but replaced the glass top. When he left, realized only 1 burner works! 2 weeks to get someone back in and they tell me their tec took out pieces that are needed to make the cook top work accidentally!! And they’re back ordered. I asked to speak to a manager.
No response 1 week later I called and I asked to speak to manager and was told they would ask for him to call within 1 day.
Another week goes by, called and asked for manager again, still no reply. I called 3 days later, no info was given manager ‘Jordan ‘ email address his response, he’s not in office enough to return phone calls!
FINALLY part arrives and tec comes to replace (this is 6 weeks after initial service call) and after trying to replace part cooktop does not work at all.
I emailed Jordan again, no response so I literally had to go down there four days later and wow! He’s in the office! And his excuse? Should have been referred to a tec manager not him!
Worst service ever and I STILL DONT HAVE A WORKING STOVE

Private User reviews Caledon, ON

repair samsung fridge

The Work was part of our extended warranty. The tech arrived earlier than promised (great for us) and completed the repair in reasonable time. He took care to make sure the floor was not scratched when he pulled the fridge out and cleaned up behind the fridge. All in all, a super repair. Would use them again.

Dishwasher going on FIRE !

Called for service to LG Dishwasher that went on fire. LG says too bad.

Buyer beware south Korea does NOT care about North America. Fire or not. Do not by products from south Korea LG , Samsung etc. Defective products and they do not care. Lots of negative comments online concerning defective sup par components from South Korea.

LG told me to call Northern Electronics Services. I was told it would cost $100.00 to come and see my house. I have the utmost hatred for scummer, lues and thueves.

Our conversation ended after a 15 minute hold of hearing " VAT " you mean !

Private User reviews Barrie, ON

Avoid like the Plague

This company is absolutely one of the worst run companies I have ever seen. We had an issue with our refrigerator and, as of the time of writing, it appears that it will take six weeks to repair. Our situation started with the company sending a 'junior' technician out twice, both visits accomplishing nothing as the technician had little to no clue what he was doing. We then requested another technician and nearly two weeks later a 'senior' technician finally arrived. He ordered a part and came to install it only to find out it was the wrong part. Seven days later I called to find out what was happening, couldn't get through and had an apparent sixty-six minute wait time. I left a message and it took a day and a half to respond. They informed me that the part had arrived but it would take another four days to get the senior tech to come back. I made it clear that wasn't good enough and that at minimum I was asking for a free part and service as compensation. The woman refused point blank, only offering me a refund on the consultation fee. When I asked for the owner or senior management, she said they wouldn't be available for four days. When I informed her that wasn't good enough and the situation would escalate she made it clear it wasn't a concern. It's clear this company has some questionably qualified employees, is completely disorganized and understaffed, and doesn't care about customers. I can't think of any reason to do business with this organization. II strongly suggest avoiding it like the plague.

Lina from King City
Lina from King City
8 reviews Innisfil, ON

LG washing Machine

I was very pleased with the prompt service I received from this company. Corey came out, within 2 days of my original phone call to check on my complaint with my 6 month old washing machine. Not only was he very knowledgable and thorough but he went well beyond what was part of his job in helping to take down and reconnect the dryer (as we stacked the units). Greatly appreciated, thanks, again, Corey!

Monika in
Monika in

Kitchen Appliance repair

I phoned Northern Electronics in Barrie about 1 1/2 weeks ago regarding my stove and they were extremely helpful...they sent a technician over by the name of Derek...he checked EVERYTHING and told me that he will need to get the parts. Today he came and fixed it...Derek is a very talented electrician and certainly knows what he is doing. I am pleased to say my stove is working perfectly. I would recommend this company to fix your appliances whether under warranty or not.
Regards,
Monika

Jim123 in Barrie
Jim123 in Barrie

Fast and friendly

I called on Monday to report a leak from my washers front door. Spoke to a nice girl who took the info on the unit and on Wed a gent named Cory showed up with a gasket. After looking at unit he told me it just needed to be adjusted and I did not require any parts. I know very little about machines and was pleased that he didn't replace the part for the money.

Joanne from Newmarket
Joanne from Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

LG fridge repair

Northern Electrics was recommended by LG to fix our LG fridge since it is affiliated to them and is the nearest to our house. Somebody came and took a look At our fridge and was told that another tech will come over and give us a quote. Was given a quote through email and voicemail. Quoted for $666 that is minus $110 service cost, if compressor etc is the problem including labor cost. Finally after some months of delays due to family events we had decided to go through with it. A tech was sent to look at our fridge and the tech had pumped gas etc to see if there was any leakage and further looked into. The tech finally concluded that our fridge is beyond repair and that we are better off buying a new one. My husband and I was on the verge of buying a new one but eventually decided to call another company to look at it for second opinion. The minute the next tech came and looked at it he was so surprise at how much gas was pumped into it as meter went all the way to red mark in the gauge and showed it to my husband, we were told that if for some reason we had decided to plug the fridge for few hours to see if it would work again that the fridge would have exploded! The next tech from the different company also was able to fix our fridge in less than an hour with cost way less than the one quoted by Northern Electric to us.... Imagine if we had bought a new fridge right away? Or what if we decided to just test the fridge and plugged it for overnight????????

The Bleeper from Orillia
The Bleeper from Orillia
2 reviews Orillia, ON

Dishwasher repair

As tenants in a rental townhouse, we were forced to use the landlord's warranty repair policy when the dishwasher exploded all over the kitchen floor. We were directly to this company (NES). It took them 3 days to make a visit. After one hour, they said they needed to order parts for the repair. I waited 7 days and, after hearing nothing, left a message. 'Glen', called back and said the parts had not arrived yet. This is a domestic brand BTW! Then, at the end of that week (8 days after the original call) "Glen' left a message saying they would be back to make the repairs the next Monday (3 days away). I called later that same day to confirm the time, but since they DO NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONES and only listen to voicemails between 10am and 4pm, I did not get a call back until the weekend. It was 'Glen' again, denying he left any such message and that parts were not available yet. He made a tentative booking for the following Wednesday (now 14 days from the original incident) in the hope that the parts would be in by then. Then, out of the blue, on Monday in the morning, I got a message that their serviceman would arrive in 20 minutes to fix the dishwasher. Luckily I was available and the repair was made. All in all, it took over 16 days to fix a drainage problem in a domestic dishwasher...very unsatisfactory, and a totally confusing process. I do not recommend this company!

Jack from Barrie
Jack from Barrie

oven

Northern Electronics & Appliance
(705) 733-2195
660 Bayview Dr Unit # 3
Barrie
L4N 8Y2

The repairman, Gaetan, arrived right on time. He provided great service and was polite, efficient and friendly. Clearly he knew what he was doing and repaired my oven quickly. I highly recommend this company.

More about Northern Electronics & Appliance

Northern Electronics has been in operation for over 15 years, establishing themselves as a top electronic service centre in the Barrie area. They also have expanded into appliance repair. Find out more at http: / / www. northernelectronics. net
Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Barrie?