Pardes Movers

Nick in Toronto
Nick in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

1 Hour Move

Used Pardes as they had one of the cheapest rates which I thought would be great as I was only moving less than 20 mins away by car. This experience was the worst ever. Like the previous post there were a lot of extra charges which I was only told of when they arrived and a minimum of 3 hours. After left with no choice as I had to move that day. They proceeded to rush the job though I was paying them for three hours which was more than enough time. They ended up breaking a few glass items and the moving elevator which had my items stuck in it for a few hours. I would not recommend them to anyone and hope they can be put out of business so no one else has to go through the same problems as me.

Claudine in North york
Claudine in North york
1 review Scarborough, ON

Moving

I had these movers (Pardes Movers) come in to do a move. My son and 2 friends did almost all of the moving as the workers stood at the back of the truck smoking cigarettes and chatting. The move took a total of 4-4 1/2 hours and I was supposed to be charged $65/hour for a truck and 3 men and I was charged $1286.87. They added all sorts of extra costs to the move that they did not indicate they would be charging when the truck was booked. I also had to pay their insurance and was not told and the amount was an extra $100. I don't know if they saw a single parent when they came in and decided to overcharge but that is what happened. When I called the office about the charges, they lowered the charge to $1100 dollars (still way to much). I was charged for staircases that they never used (they used the elevator as I watched),(do you get to charge for stairs just because they are there even though not used by your employees?) Televisions (do people move without them?), an oversized box (do people not pack in boxes?) What would an indication of an oversized box be?, and air conditioners were added as appliances like fridges, stoves and washing machines even though they don't weigh a fraction of what those "real" appliances weigh. They held my furnishing hostage until the $1100 was paid and I was threatened with legal action and having my items left in the parking lot when I complained about all of their "fees". All in all a move that is less than 5 minutes away from where you were coming from and takes such a short time with most of the work being done by someone other than the people hired should not cost a months mortgage or rent payment. These people should have their business practices checked into. I would definitely not recommend them to anyone.