Moving & Storage

Krista from Spruce Grove
Krista from Spruce Grove
4 reviews Spruce Grove, AB

So Angry DO NOT HIRE THESE UNPROFESSIONALS

Trusting their 5* homestars review, I hired this company but it was a comedy of errors and stupidity the whole ride. I wish I could post security camera footage so you could see what these nicompoops did to my new home and save yourself the heartache.
I received a quote for 4 men for a 6 bedroom house [all of the small items/boxes had been moved it was all furniture to be moved] to move about 70 kms away and the time was 6.5 hours but Robin assured me I would only be charged what was used and that they always "overestimate" to ensure buyers are prepared.
They charge for travel time, we hired them to start Saturday morning [no traffic] and google shows 35 minutes of travel from their site to our house. They CLAIM they left their site at 9:15am but didn't arrive until 10:15am, they spent another 15 minutes "checking their supplies" in the truck. Miraculously none of this "supplies" ever appeared.
I paid for 2 queen mattress covers and a king mattress cover; my husband notices they have put our clean mattress [which luckily had its own cover I'll just have to replace] into the dirty truck and he asks them where the cover is. They look around and pull out a DIRTY PIECE OF PLASTIC [keep in mind they charge you 13 bucks a pop for a cover] and try to put it on. My husband stops them and says it's dirty and we aren't paying for a dirty cover now that the mattress is ALREADY in the van, we have to call the office who claims they won't charge us like that's some great service to us. Whatever, we just want our stuff moved.
My husband leaves ahead of the men once everything is packed up, to open the doors and let them into the new place, I'm going to follow. I discuss with Obi what route we will take and he agrees to my face. I drive around the corner to give them room to leave [at this point all doors are closed and locked, their truck is closed and locked and there is nothing more to do] and they must not have realized I was waiting for them. 15 minutes go by and they FINALLY roll around the corner and then proceed to take a completely different route, tacking an extra 15 minutes necessarily onto the trip. When we arrive, I mention this and they shrug and say, "Sorry. we're here now." as if that's good enough.
Here comes the real fun. The new place has maple hardwood floors. I let them know that I would appreciate it if they were very careful not to scrape them up or dirty the upstairs carpet that was JUST replaced before we moved in. Well I had to HOUND them to take off their shoes before someone FINALLY rolled out a rug and they put a 17 inch gouge [yes, 17 INCHES] about a 1/4 inch deep across my floor dragging the couch instead of lifting it. and it's right in the very center of the living room. They also put a 4 inch gouge by the windows as they dragged the glass table top over it.
Then there's the walls. There are 3 huge chunks of wall missing going up the stairs because they bashed so much into it. This is the worst of it, but there were more dents and bangs than I could count. But they pulled drywall off the staircase they hit it so hard 3 different times.
Finally there's my nice new king sized mattress they decided they wanted to practically fold in half instead of tilting it properly and they busted up so many springs in the middle it has a dent in it now. $1800 mattress completely destroyed by incompetence and laziness.
This is just what they did to my house. They also decided to move a 36x71x33 refrigerator on a 2 wheel dolly because they were too lazy to get the 4 wheeler they accidentally packed behind items. And they almost killed themselves and dropped the fridge in the process. I truly wish you could see the security camera footage.

So you read all that and think, wow, why didn't you call the office? [Brace yourself, this story isn't over. It gets worse.]
Oh, I did call. Multiple times. Each time I was brushed off and told they won't deal with it now, they will deal with it at the end of the move. [and when I called at the end of the move was told I'm wrong about the damage and "there was no evidence of it" and the men claimed they didn't do it! I had video of it!] So I recorded the damage and issues and waited til they were done. Then they have the balls to ask me if I'm satisfied with my move. I list off all my concerns and said, "would you be happy if this was your move?" and they just stared at me dumb founded and then said "We will do better next time, that's our goal." NEXT TIME?! Like, either that means f-you lady because your move doesn't matter we'll do better for the next people or, funnier still, they think we'd consider using them again!

THis is my favourite part, though. After all of this hassle, arguing and damage they give me the bill and tell me I must sign it. They tried to charge me an hour over and above what they did. AND THEY ARGUE WITH ME FOR 15 minutes until I say I'm calling their manager. Suddenly, "Oh, I see what you're saying, you're right, i'll correct it." well, by this time I was seeing red. I refused to sign the paperwork and they aren't allowed to leave until it is signed. I called the office and the extraordinarily unhelpful call centre guy told me the manager is on lunch. I told him to tell the manager we refuse to sign any paperwork until this is rectified. The men then had to sit out there for 75 minutes while the manager either ate his 2 hour lunch or tried to call my bluff. I guess he realized it wasn't a bluff and finally called me back. The manager parroted the same thing as the service call guy saying there was no evidence until I told him I had security camera footage and had recorded videos on my phone as well. Suddenly he was willing to take 15 minutes off the correct time [because they wasted 15 minutes at the old house and took a longer route] and record that he would correct the damage. We signed the paperwork with that noted, but low and behold no one is coming to fix the damage.

I will be contacting visa and fighting the charges. I have enough to take them to small claims court as well.

They took something special, moving into a new, beautiful home, and made it a nightmare. Please, please for your own sake, do not hire these UNprofessionals.

Rosemary Brown in Collingwood
Rosemary Brown in Collingwood
1 review Collingwood, ON

Two men and a truck

905-635-3035
Halton
Burlington

I used two men and a truck for relocating from Collingwood to Ajax, these guys were very professional polite and went above and beyond to accommodate my needs.I would definitely recommend them

Thank you very much for the recommendation, Rosemary! We're so happy to hear that your move went so well.

1 review Mount Albert, ON

Move

" We were extremely pleased with all aspects of our dealings with Two Men and a Truck. We would highly recommend the team out of Newmarket. They arrived on time, were very professional and accomplished the move in less time than quoted."

Thank you very much for choosing us for your move and for recommending our services.

Anna in Markham
Anna in Markham

Our worst move ever

Movers lost the screws to attach the legs of our one-year old $4,000 leather sofa and just left saying that they cant find it and somebody will call the following week to get the screws. We ourselves went to home depot the following day and made 4 trips back and forth to get the right screws! Most of our furniture were scratched (some are with deep dents, including one of our expensive one year old bar stool)… the movers didn't care enough to wrap all furniture in cloth to ensure no scratches... they bought such a big truck that I guess our items are swaying back and forth inside the truck throughout the trip from downtown to Markham. I am so disappointed with Two Men and a Truck... after the move, I left messages both in the office and the move estimator about the lost screws but they never called back. After 5 days, one person called and said they have found the screws to our sofa... haha... they shouldn't even have left our house without the screws... its such a terrible experience... and to top it all, they charged me 10% extra than their quote saying that our things are more than expected... haha... despite the sofa debacle and showing them the deep scratches in our bar stool.. and we didn't even use 20 of the boxes that they have provided and their truck is huge so how can our things be more than expected... I am still so mad... please don't use this mover... they are not inexpensive but their people are not professionals who don't care about the things that they are moving.... they just go about their way trying to get the move done as fast as they can... there should be an option here to give this mover a million negative stars... most of our furniture has moved several times and the last being from Dubai to Toronto but this is the first time that they have been so scarred from a move... I am still kicking myself for choosing this mover...

Hello Anna,

We're sorry to hear of the situation that occurred during your move. Did you have an opportunity to reach out to our corporate customer service team to see if they could rectify the situation that you experienced? They take these issues very seriously and are interested in speaking with you. You can reach them at (866) 684-6448 or at [email protected]

Happy customer  in Eldorado
Happy customer in Eldorado
1 review Eldorado, ON

Moving made Super Easy!

We hired Two Men and a Truck out of Peterborough for our recent move and couldn't be happier with that decision. From start to finish everything went smoothly. Rob came out initially to give us a quote which was considerably better than the local competition. The day of the move we actually had a crew of 10 including supervisor Rob. The entire move was choreographed amazingly. We were so impressed with the professionalism, courtesy and skill that these men displayed. They even had to contend with our two rather large dogs! I will make sure to highly recommend Two Men and a Truck to anyone who needs a fantastic moving company!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for recommending our services! We truly appreciate your business and are so happy to hear that your move went so well!

1 review Ajax, ON

Great team great service

905-635-3035
Halton
Burlington

I thought your team was wonderful. I will recommend them to others and definitely use them again when needed. We used he pickering location for both moves - the coat always was below what was quoted as they move quickly and efficiently. We were impressed with their professionalism and how quickly they got our jobs done. Thank you 2 men and a truck - we won’t be shy using your service again !

Thank you very much for the kind review! We're so happy to hear that you had a great move and that you would recommend us. We hope that you have a wonderful day.

Cfin in Cornwall
Cfin in Cornwall
1 review Cornwall, ON

Long Distance Move

Two man and a truck were awesome to move my belongings. My movers, Stephen and Jamey , were helpful and took care of what was being moved out of house. I was a bit nervous to move because at my last move, I had another moving company who lost a few important items of mine. Two man and a truck showed that they care, from start to finish. Would definitely recommend them to friends and family!

Thanks Cfln for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear that Stephen and Jamey were helpful throughout. Thank you for choosing to move with us and we hope that you have a great rest of your day.

Justin in Toronto
Justin in Toronto

Moving

The two movers we had, Jake & Dave, were incredible. They went above and beyond to ensure that our belongings were moved safely and efficiently. They took care to make sure the move went smoothly and nothing was damaged or broken. While the price was higher than I was expecting, I will absolutely recommend your service and use it again in the future for no other reason than the two gentlemen that helped us move.

Thank you very much for recommending us and for choosing us for your move! We will certainly pass along the comments you mentioned to Jake and Dave. We hope that you have a wonderful day!

Heather in Toronto
Heather in Toronto
1 review Oshawa, ON

Great job

" Everything was great!!! The crew that came out were friendly and efficient! They took care of all our belongings! Made the move so much less stressful!!! Even realizing that patioslabs were left in the truck, Two Men and a truck got those delivered back to our house in a blink of an eye! Thank you will definitely be recommending you to our friends!”

Thank you, Heather! We're so happy to hear that we could make your moving experience a lot less stressful. We hope that you have a wonderful day!

Krystal in Saint Catharines
Krystal in Saint Catharines
1 review St. Catharines, ON

A+++++++

FIRST CLASS!! We had a couple moving companies come out to quote. Two Men being one of them. We had a better feeling with Two Men then the other company. So we decided to go with them, we are so happy we did. The 3 guys that moved us were very friendly and took great care of our stuff. Extremely professional and we would highly recommend them to anyone.

Thank you for choosing us, Krystal. We're so happy to help you move and appreciate that you would recommend us. We hope that you have a wonderful day.

More about TWO MEN AND A TRUCK

We’re the "Movers Who Care". Any type of move. We're more than two men and a truck when we need to be.

TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Canada is not just a moving company - We're a Customer Service Company that moves. It's our goal to exceed your expectations each and every time you take advantage of our moving services.