AlarmForce

Reviews for AlarmForce

Irene in Brampton
Irene in Brampton

Home Alarm System & Personal Care Alarm

Shame on AlarmForce! My father lives in a tiny 900 sqft retirement cottage in a gated community. The complex has security guards on the premises and each unit comes with a monitored alarm system.

Despite this, AlarmForce sold him on the idea of their 2-way system and personal care alarm systems and signed him up for 3-year contracts on both. My father is deaf so a 2-way system is useless to him, and he lives in Florida from November - May, so a personal "panic button" with a monthly fee would also be a waste. Never mind the fact that he cannot afford to pay for these things to begin with (The cost esimate above is based on $25/month + $35/Month x 12 months x 3 years).

The AlarmForce equipment was installed adjecent to the existing alarm equipment just before my father went south for the winter. When he returned, he saw this new equipment and asked what it was and why it was there; he didn't seem to remember the sales call.

We contacted AlarmForce customer support on his behalf to cancel the services with a full explanation but they were toatlly unsympathetic saying that he signed the contract and is responsible for paying for the duration. My father is 80, in frail health and like many his age, his memory is failing him. He most likely didn't understand what he was signing. It is beyond unacceptable that my father would be sold something he clearly doesn't need, and to be enrolled in two long term contracts. The evidence suggests to me that this company is only interested in signing people up at any cost.

Note that I am not commenting on the AlarmForce equipment or the services they provide, I will leave that for others, however they are not for everyone, and clearly not for people like my father who is deaf and already had a monitored alarm system at the time. The sales person should have realized this and in all good conscience, not proceeded - instead he saw an easy sale.

For their part, once the situation was fully explained to them, AlarmForce should have acknowledged their mistake and cancelled the agreements with a full refund of all monies paid to date. That would have been excellent customer service. Instead, they simply re-state that he has signed the contracts and will be held to them - that is not customer service, it is pure greed.

gillpatrick62
gillpatrick62

Wish Never with Alarm Force

I have recently finished with a 3 yr contract and returned all equipment. I have my termination letter and UPS proof of delivery. Alarm Force claims that I did not return everything. I wish I took a photo of the box to prove I did. Now I have a bill for missing equipment for $291.36 and sent me to collections. This is harrassment. I have filed a complaint with BBB, Market Place and other blogs. Please do not get Alarm Force get a real security company. Also, customer service reps are rude and this usually comes from top down management. I had to buy the battries and change the battires my self, the problem is, when their battry runs low, we have to change the battries in each and every device, so it was costing me about $68 every 3 months. Their $25 per month is all bullshit, as we have to spend so much money to maintain their system. After researching this company I wish I never gave them my business and hard earned money.

Alarm Force Service is blocked when the phone is off the hook and their so called 2-way voice box is just pluged in to an outlet in kitchen. — so any smart burglar would know how to disable the system and the process to do his work in peace without interruption by the “security” system. There are several REAL security systems that cost no more — and actually provide security. I have done my re-search now and would be going with MHB Security for my new ADT System. I would own the system with MHB Security, so I will not be required to return any thing plus they will also change the battries for free during my 3 eyars contracts.

Andrew in the GTA
Andrew in the GTA
7 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Home Security

There are many more things to consider when you own your own detatched home then when you live in a Condo or appartment, which we did for 4 years. We have never had to worry about security before, but on moving day we got quiet a wake up call.

Within two hours of moving in, we had a large man trying to sell us ADT security. The first looked more like the type that would rob you rather then protect you, and he had nothing but bad things to say about his ADT... yeah thanks, but we think we will skip ADT after that. The next guy was from reliant. He just walked right into my garage, handed me a flyer, and then started telling me how easy it would be to break my windows... Ummm... "where is phone, I might need to call for help" I was thinking...

We did a search on the Internet, and found Alarm Force. Calling and setting up an appointment was easy. Problem was when the day for set up came, the tech called in sick. It was Christmas eve, so I understand, but not impressed. It took another two weeks to get another tech to come out and setup the system. He was very nice, didn't push us into buying stuff we didn't need, and showed us how everything works + we didn't have to pay for any of the equipment, just the $35 per month for monitoring.

It has been 3 months, and the equipment still works as well as the day we got it, and everything is running smoothly... except another guy from Reliant came to my house... again this new guy just walked into my garage and even though he could tell we had an alarm system installed, he tried to make a quick sales pitch...I had my finger on the new emergency button and was ready to push. I will stick with Alarm Force thank you very much!

Maya
Maya
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Home Alarm

Easy system, have a phone you can have Alarm Force, no other equipment is needed. A live person speak to you if you need help, if you don't say the passcode outloud, they know you are in trouble and dispatch the police to your house.

Oswald D'Sa, Mississauga
Oswald D'Sa, Mississauga
3 reviews Concord, ON

Residential Alarm Force

We moved to our new residence. With so many alarm systems in the market, it was difficult for us to decide. Many of the brands are not heard of. We decided on Alarm Force. The technician came, installed the components, was polite and tidy work.

gladys10
gladys10

home security system

Punctual, rates where good provided all services that i had hoped for very good for questions answered they had great customers service very quick instalation i had to transfer security system from one location to another and they provided no problams smooth transfer

Jason & Iggy in Mississauga
Jason & Iggy in Mississauga

home alarm system

My home was broken into on three separate occasions. I could tell from the items which were taken that it was someone who was watching my home and fairly young. Once Alarm Force was installed, one further attempt was made. The Alarm system was activated, the Police were brought to my residence and there was an arrest made the following day. I have had no further problems. Thanks Alarm Force

John McKean in Willowdale
John McKean in Willowdale

Residential Alarm System

We chose Alarmforce because of it's voice challenge system. Figuring that 99% of alarms are false, we wanted an easy way to cancel an alarm as well as avoiding inadvertantly triggering it. Alarmforce doesn't send the police if you respond to their dispatcher with a valid password. The system can be armed/disarmed by any phone in the house. Much handier than a keypad. We are completely satisfied with their quick response, ease-of-use and customer service.

The installer arrived on time on both occasions (we needed an upgrade after expanding our house). He knew the system thoroughly and customized it to exactly what we wanted.

Vlady
Vlady
8.3/10

new alarm

We never thought we would need an alarm system. But our friends said we should go and get it.
We found alarmforce. They are great and quick service.
If anything happens you get a live voice assistance and direct call to 911

Looking for Home Automation pros in Toronto?