Vivint

Alarm Systems
EDMONTON AB T5A 0P7

Reviews for Vivint

Vivint will never leave

It is now two weeks later....I still have Vivint equipment in my home...two uninstall appointments with no-shows by the Vivint technician. I had an appointment Friday, July 20th to have the equipment removed and the Vivint tech did not show up. I had an appointment today, July 27th to have the equipment removed and the Vivint tech did not show up...AGAIN!!
.....................
I want to cancel services and have equipment removed from my home, but no one at vivint will give me the correct information. I contacted the company the same-day it was installed and the next day to ask again for removal of the equipment and cancellation of the service, and I'm still waiting for the information I need to cancel the service.

Jennifer Colyer from East Gwillimbury
Jennifer Colyer from East Gwillimbury
1 review Edmonton, AB

Our Home was Broken Into

Our home was broken into on November 24th. We had a Vivint Smart Home security system and they failed in every sense!!

They handled our situation so poorly, feel free to share. I would hate to have someone else go through what we have.

- intruder kicked in our front door and ripped the alarm panel from the wall, no signal was sent to us or them
- our home still showed armed away on our phones after the panel was ripped from the wall that day and the next!
- Vivint says they can't be held responsible for "human intelligence", ripping the panel from the wall was not intelligent, it was desperate
- no apology, or attempt to make things right by at least covering our $500 insurance deductible
- only after we cancelled their service did they contact us to ask what they could do to keep us (every option included us needing to extend our contract, as if!!)

I get it, a home can still get broken into even if you have a security system, but we hired this company to monitor our home for exactly this reason. They proved incapable of performing their end of the deal.

If you are prepared to throw your money away and you are comfortable with a false sense of security, perhaps you would like to consider them as your "security" company

kel in Edmonton
kel in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Poor products, awful policies, Do not waste your money

Vivint is unwilling to fix their software/hardware issue unless I pay for it.
I have now had my panel and app freeze 3 times while trying to unarm it, resulting in the alarm going off for several minutes. If my security system is faulty it is doing a terrible job keeping my family secure

Jason R from Rocky Mountain House
Jason R from Rocky Mountain House
5 reviews Sylvan Lake, AB

Nice system if it worked

This system is awesome when it works. I have a lot of equipment through vivint, the install was free and equipment was free on a 5 year contract. I've had this alarm system for 2 years now, I have thermostat, door locks, flood sensor, doorbell cam and 2 indoor cams and a bunch of other stuff. Well my garage got vandalized and I checked the doorbell cam to see if I could catch the guy, camera was offline, then age few things got taken out of my yard and once again the camera malfunctioned, a week later someone was at my door so I logged in to see who it was and once again the camera was not working. It's malfunctioned about 8 times already. My one indoor camera hasn't worked for 2 months and I'm sick of sitting on hold waiting for them to tell me how to fix it. My basement flooded and my flood sensor malfunctioned and didn't save the day, on occasion my thermostat screws up and either doesn't shut the heat off or doesn't turn it on, my door lock quite often malfunctions and indicates unlocked when it's actually locked or vice versa.
Vivint did at one point tell me they would send service people over to see why nothing works but they also told me I would have to pay for their service people to repair their equipment.

I don't like paying for stuff that doesn't work but they got me on a contract. In lighter news, my parents have a system with vivint that hasn't caused them any trouble

Jinguo from Calgary
Jinguo from Calgary

Be careful with what you sign up

Their cancellation policy is 30 days notice and you will have to pay the whole month fee even Vivint just provide service for just 1 day within the last month. This is how they treat a 4 year-long customer. On top of that, you need to send them a formal letter with your signatures to request the cancellation in addition to a phone call.

When I complained this to a self-claimed account manager, she was no more helpful than a janitor in Vivint. All she can do is to relay the policy that I signed back in 2012.

Never again Vivint!

sonia  from Edmonton
sonia from Edmonton
4 reviews Edmonton, AB

alarm system

They installed our Alarm system and we are happy with it its working perfect for us, and they offered much more equipment than we agreed with them when we made the deal and its all free of charge, their installer is a bit messy and we have to clean after him, but over all its fine.

Chris from Stony Plain
Chris from Stony Plain
1 review Stony Plain, AB

Vivint is the worst.

This is going to be a lengthy one.
Initial Sale:
A salesman came to our door to sell us the system. We saw the orange placards up all over the neighbourhood, and figured, why not! A bunch of promises were made, including that when we moved, we could leave the old system behind, and they would come to our new house and install all new equipment at no charge and we would continue our contract. I believed this as they would potentially gain another client when someone took over our old system.

The system:
The system is nice, however very expensive. We paid an initial cost of $99, + $69/mth for a 7-year contract. I didn't mind the long contract because I never intend on getting rid of my home alarm. At the end of the day however, this is a lot of money going to Vivint for such shotty service. You can buy a complete home automation system now for $200-$400, and maybe $500 with a full alarm included.

The move:
Upon moving, we phoned Vivint to set up a time for someone to come do the install on our new house. They informed us we would be charged over $500 for a new panel and equipment, OR we would have to take the system out of our old house. Of course, the condition for sale on our old house was that we leave the alarm, so now we either break that condition, or pay Vivint a ton more money. My wife and I logged almost 9 hours total on the phone with Vivint being thrown around to different departments, and finally we ended up convincing our buyer that unless she wanted to take over our contract, we would have to take our old alarm panel. Vivint made us break conditions on our real estate agreement, and still in the end offered absolutely nothing. This was the worst customer service experience I've ever had with anybody!

The new install:
They send an installer over who is at our house for 7 hours installing the simple new system. This is due partly to him talking on the phone to his wife half the time, but also because even for those guys, they have to wait on the phone with Vivint forever. He then tried to 'sell' us additional equipment as we needed more sensors than our "10 point allotment" allowed. The total bill was almost $700 until we sat him down and had a talk. Magically he got a hold of his manager and most of that was waived.

Conclusion:
VIvint is not worth your time or money. If you're looking for a monitored system, look into another company for sure. If the alarm and home automation is what you're looking for, there's a ton of systems out there that do the same thing, if not better than Vivint.

Julie from Spruce Grove
Julie from Spruce Grove
1 review Spruce Grove, AB

Home security

This is the worst security company I have ever dealt with.
my house was broken into and Vivint allowed the intruder inside and to remain in my house.
I was assaulted
Vivint did not offer compensation nor did they even apologize

Troy from Calgary
Troy from Calgary

VIVINT = Don't purchase

Vivint
403-915-3090
EDMONTON
AB
T5A 0P7

I've had VIVINT for 3 + years only because I've signed a contract and have no choice but to pay for the product. Hardware falls off, VIVINT, broke my secondary DMZ to run the camera, they don't show up on service calls, keyless entry never worked from day one and they never came back to fix it. I was told I had a wireless system but it was tied into my original wired system. Its an absolute mess. Customer service reps on phone are kids with no bedside manner.
I disconnected my VIVINT system and pulled the batteries out. With in minutes I had an email from VIVINT saying there was a power outage in my area affecting 2% of the population!!! WTF. I pulled the power and backup battery myself. At this time not one rep from VIVINT even called me. WOW
DO NOT PURCHASE this product.