Our home was broken into on November 24th. We had a Vivint Smart Home security system and they failed in every sense!!
They handled our situation so poorly, feel free to share. I would hate to have someone else go through what we have.
- intruder kicked in our front door and ripped the alarm panel from the wall, no signal was sent to us or them
- our home still showed armed away on our phones after the panel was ripped from the wall that day and the next!
- Vivint says they can't be held responsible for "human intelligence", ripping the panel from the wall was not intelligent, it was desperate
- no apology, or attempt to make things right by at least covering our $500 insurance deductible
- only after we cancelled their service did they contact us to ask what they could do to keep us (every option included us needing to extend our contract, as if!!)
I get it, a home can still get broken into even if you have a security system, but we hired this company to monitor our home for exactly this reason. They proved incapable of performing their end of the deal.
If you are prepared to throw your money away and you are comfortable with a false sense of security, perhaps you would like to consider them as your "security" company