Bathroom Renovation

Silvana DePrato  from Toronto
Silvana DePrato from Toronto

eavestrough,soffit,fascia,shingling a roof

M3J 2P1

My husband and I had been looking for a company to replace our eavestrouves and add gutter guards, replace soffit,fascia, and reshingle a small roof. We were disillusioned to learn that not many companies responded to our calls and were not interested in our business. We realize that this is the busy season for this type of work, but it was unacceptable customer service. Fred Zaza replied to my e-mail almost immediately. He was professional and efficient and got the job done sooner than expected. His workers were prompt, worked hard and cleaned up after the work was done. They made our 95 year old house look great and we will definitely use them for any future projects. We highly recommend Zaza Contractors for quality work and a job well done!

Joan  from Toronto
Joan from Toronto

Bathroom Renovation

Fred, we would like to express our appreciation for the excellent work on the renovation of our three piece bathroom at the end of January 2015. Joan and I appreciated your clear, businesslike manner from the moment we met you. The renovation took place in the time period we agreed and was complete within a seven business day time period and came in on the agreed budget.
Your staff, were on time daily and kept the disruption to our home to a bare minimum. The floors and space were well protected and the work was completed in a very professional manner. The renovation involved a complete gut job and removal of all materials was done with the least mess possible. The bathroom was a total renovation including a new vent through the roof and all of the work was well done and clearly constructed well. We have experienced previous renovations and as a retired draftsman understand the importance of good construction; it is very clear that your crew knew what they were doing.
Both gentleman who worked in our home, are great professionals who did a wonderful job. Finally thanks for the great cake when the job was complete.
We will recommend you to our friends and will be in touch for any future work.

Darlene  from Toronto
Darlene from Toronto

Water proofing

M3J 2P1

I hired Zaza Contractors to water proof my leaky basement, and truly I couldn't be happier with the results. Fred retuned my call promptly, came at the agreed up time and gave me an estimate for my foundation. Later his crew arrived on time, cleaned up and even finished earlier than estimated. The job completed, Fred came to inspect and everyone was pleased. I don't know about you but that exactly what I want in a contractor!

Jim Bartley from Toronto
Jim Bartley from Toronto

front porch rebuild/restoration

M3J 2P1

Very pleased with all major aspects of our porch reno/restoration by Zaza. Fred's estimate turned out to be exactly what we paid in total for the finished job, and I thought it a very reasonable price for the meticulous work (plus thoughtful extras) done by Brendan. The house looks stunning from the street and even up close the restoration work on our 110-year-old columns, porch rails & spindles is quite impressive. Both Fred and Brendan were timely, always friendly and communicative. There were no delays or significant glitches at any point. Brendan brought us a hanging basket for the porch and Fred arrived with a yummy Italian almond-custard pastry when he came to pick up the final cheque I would not hesitate to contact Zaza for future work.

Chris Gerald in Toronto
Chris Gerald in Toronto

Basmenet

A friend recommended Zaza to us and we could not be happier. The professionalism and attention to detail were second to none. Plus they replanted a small Chinese Elm tree that the raccoons had dug up. My grandfather was so impressed, (he bought us the tree), that he hired Zaza to renovate his whole house!! Way to go Zaza!!!!

Laura in Toronto
Laura in Toronto

Bathroom renovation

We called Zaza for an estimate on repairs to both of our bathrooms, including some demo, drywall work, tiling and toilet replacement. They were so prompt and helpful! Within 10 days of our call, our bathrooms were done! They quickly solved the little problems encountered along the way. They were also very friendly and tidy. I found their price good, and have recommended them to others already.

christy fedirchuk from East York
christy fedirchuk from East York
4 reviews East York, ON

Roof

M3J 2P1

I was first expecting a small repair to fix a hole around the chimney that caused a leak into my bathroom. When the lead roof person when up on the roof, he found that I required half my roof to be re-shingled. I had no experience with roofing and had to trust that they were telling me the truth. I have heard horror stories about roofing fiasco.
I was given a quote and an expected start period (one week). The team lead person contacted me within that week and began work within the expected time frame.
The work was done quickly and timely (as far as I could tell, since I am on the ground and ignorant it is hard to determine what is going on. There was a lot of activity and things moving up and down the roof. I was amazed, after half a day and they said they were done!
Here are the best parts:
1. They stuck to the quote - I later found out that there was extensive legacy errors on my roof. Such as the previous owners shingled over a hole (in other words, did not plywood and the hole was over an opening to my attic) which Zaza found,. fixed with plywood and shingles. The vent work was included in the quote, yet they found a condemned one, removed and repaired the hole, while upgrading the two required vents.
2. They found that the chimney (the original problem) was without a boot nor a skirt (a very bad thing), so they bought, installed, and remedied that problem.
3. There was no mess. At all. They arrived, moved potted plants and other things (I did not have to prepare for them) to prepare the work area. Once done there was nothing to be cleaned up. Boots off when came in side without having to be asked. Very tidy and polite workers.
4. Zaza owner, Fred, coordinated the whole process and checked in once the job was complete. He is easy to talk to. At no time did I feel condescended to nor did any 'red flags' go up (as a single woman sometimes I face awkward situations). He was professional yet witty and easy going. Always accessible as well (returned calls and such, always).
They did more work than originally expected.
They found and repaired problems not anticipated.
They STAYED within the quote (even thought they bought plywood, a boot, and such)!!!!
I was very pleased.
My bathroom leak led to much more of an expense than I thought. Luckily that required a new half roof. Since potential disasters were averted because they found and repaired unexpected problems while repairing the original hole.
Highly recommended!
OH, they do lots of other stuff. All of which I would trust them with.

Amy in Upper Beaches
Amy in Upper Beaches

Main floor and Kitchen renovation

Zaza Contractors are exceptional. Our experience with them was entirely positive. Fred Zaza coordinated the work done by Rocco and Guido. Fred checked on our house each day - often twice a day - and made sure my husband and I were satisfied with the project's progress (he also brought us coffee each time he visited). He always responded to my phone calls as well, proving himself very attentive to our job site, even when dealing with other clients. Our renovation was finished in a short amount of time (just slightly longer than expected) and came in very near the budget with which we started.

Rocco and Guido did the work, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. They arrived each morning on time and worked hard all day. They took only short breaks. In addition, they were kind, friendly and dedicated. The work they did is of very good quality. They also did small extra projects that we asked them to do - projects that they didn't need to do.

I had a baby about halfway through this renovation. It could have been an utter disaster to bring a newborn home to a massive renovation. Thanks to Fred, Rocco and Guido, our family made it through this stressful time quite well. Fred even brought flowers, a card and food for us when we arrived home with our new daughter.

Please consider meeting with Zaza if you are interested in professional work, dedicated workers and manageable renovation projects.

Kathleen Sullivan in East york
Kathleen Sullivan in East york
1 review East York, ON

Landscape stonework and waterproofing

M3J 2P1

Fred Zaza sent me a wonderful team of three men who completely transformed my front yard with a beautiful new garden wall and interlocking stones and waterproofed the rear and front foundations in a three week period of time. They consulted with me, explained things, stayed until they finished the job and gave me exactly what I wanted. They worked very well together, and very hard, and I felt completely comfortable while they were around. Many of my neighbours have stopped by to tell me how great stonework and design look. This was a totally professional job and worth every penny.

Looking for Bathroom Renovation pros in Toronto?