ZAZA Contractors

Reviews for ZAZA Contractors

Terry Vasyliw in Toronto
Terry Vasyliw in Toronto

New Bathroom and Laundry Area

We contacted Zaza Contractors as we were looking to have a new bathroom installed in our basement, move the laundry area and complete some minor structural work. Fred and Guido visited our home to discuss what was required, provide valuable suggestions and ultimately give a detailed quote. We signed with Zaza based on the Homestars reviews and that they promised to work on only one job at a time.

Once we were given a start date, the team were on site every day (on time) until the job was completed. The work was finished on time and on budget. We are also completely satisfied with the quality workmanship. In my experience, it’s very rare to have all three criteria (schedule, budget and quality) met with one contractor. The team took great care to exceed our expectations. We also appreciated the little extras that were done to ensure our satisfaction.

I would definitely recommend Zaza Contractors.

catrionaconnelly in Toronto
catrionaconnelly in Toronto

Bathroom Reno, New Main floor flooring, new hood in kitchen

Meeting with Fred to discuss our plans was effortless - he guided us with his knowledge and Guido and Paul did an incredible job. Our dingy old bathroom has been transformed into a beautiful spa-like retreat! They brought the bathroom back to the studs, moved the plumbing around and extended the bathroom to encompass the useless cupboard outside the bathroom. Guido also suggested several design features that worked perfectly; larger tiles than we had initially chosen (the ones we chose would have shrunk the already small room), a perfect colour for the walls (we had chosen a colour that would have been WAY TOO cold!), and he chose the finishing tiles for around the new window and on top of the subway tile along the walls...it's just perfect.

Guido and Paul also put down new flooring throughout the house - we had the original hardwood replaced, and new quarteround put in. They put in a new subfloor, and the squeakiness usually found in these old bungalows is gone! We also wanted the hood in the kitchen to be hooked up to the outside - which was done with ease by Guido. We had a microwave above the gas stove that Guido instructed that he was not comfortable putting back in as it was far too close to the stove, and not to code - so not only is my kitchen better ventilated, but it's also now safer. Thank you Guido!!

It is important to also note - you definitely get the sense that Guido is very proud of the work that he does - and this is the type of person that you want doing the work in your home. The Zaza Team is so incredibly respectful of your home, and treat it as if it were theirs. The house was spotless each night when they went home for the evening, and they worked a full day EVERY DAY to get the job done on time.

Fred and Guido make an incredible team! Fred is always available for any questions or concerns, and the payment schedule was fair and timed perfectly to the work being done. We are so happy with the work done that we're very much looking forward to our basement reno, that Zaza Contractors will be completing in the New Year!!

John Kloppenborg in Toronto
John Kloppenborg in Toronto

Totally Satisfied

Fred, Guido and Paul opened up a small, useless closet in our house, and rebuilt the space to that it can accommodate many more hangers, shoes, etc., and they renovated a second closet into a nice linen closet.

On the basis of our experience, we highly recommend Zaza Contractors.
We are completely satisfied with the work done in our home by Guido
and Paul. Both Guido and Paul did an exemplary job constructing
built-in closets in our old house.

Their work was skilled, professional, and on time. Guido and Paul
protected our furniture and floors, cleaned up every day, and worked
steadily until the job was finished. In addition, Fred visited our
job-site every day, and along with Guido and Paul, maintained constant
contact, letting us know what was happening each day, and communicating with us to ensure that we were satisfied with each stage
of construction.

Cement Parging

I hired ZAZA contractors 4 years ago to repair the cement foundation on my house. It has recently developed a crack and small section of the exterior fell off. When I contacted them to discuss, they offered to fix it for free even though so long as passed as "that's the kind of company" they are. This is a company that stands behind what they do. I would highly recommend them.

Greet Gemels from Old Toronto
Greet Gemels from Old Toronto

Amazing contractors!

In the past few weeks, we wrapped our third, and hopefully final major renovation.

Having been exposed to a number of different contractors and tradesmen over the past 5 years, my husband and I were beyond picky during the selection process. Only those highest rated on home stars were called and eventually we went with Zaza Contractors.

We didn’t because the were the cheapest but because we felt throughout the quoting, we were listened to and we spoke only to experts. We had 4 visits – a plumbing expert, general contractor, a window specialist: no expense was spared to just come up with a quote. Once the project started, it became crystal clear why they are a) highest rated and b) rely heavily on word of mouth.

Fred, Guido & team exceeded our wildest expectations. From early in the morning (each day the arrival was before 8AM) until we returned home after work, a full crew was working on our home. By the time they left, they had cleaned up our home so that you could barely tell we were in the middle of renovations. Guido & team treated our home as his own and went above and beyond to maximize space in our master bedroom.

Early on in the game, Fred told us his team “doesn’t breath on another job until the one they are at is completed” – and I assure you: he wasn’t kidding around. I have never seen this happen, nor have I heard of it. During the project, we remained on budget (and had a bunch of little extra’s added) and timelines were exactly as communicated. Zaza was truly pleasure to work with, start to finish.

They are competitively priced, only have experts, stick to their budget and timelines and beyond that: they are the nicest, most experienced crew we ever had the pleasure of working with.

Patricia L in Toronto
Patricia L in Toronto

Bathroom Reno

We had our bathroom renovated this summer with Zaza Contractors and are very pleased with the finial product. Fred Zaza got in contact with us within a day of our first inquiry about the Reno. He was polite and professional during the entire process. The two gentlemen, Guido and Pual, that did the job were great. They were on time everyday and before they left they cleaned up after the days job and took the time to go though what they did that day with us. The project was done on time and within budget, and we are very happy with the Reno and our enjoying our new bathroom. We would recommend Zaza Contractors to family and friends without reservation.

Derrick
Derrick

Bathroom Renovation and Flooring

I would highly recommend dealing with Zaza contractors for your next renovation project. We hired Fred to renovate our master bathroom, install tiles in our bedroom/hallway, renovate our power room as well as a few other odds and sods (drywall installation etc.). Fred was great to deal with, very honest, and very accurate in his quoting. There were a few miscommunications with the quote, but they were quickly and professionally addressed.

Fred's team consisted of Guido, Paul and Rocco. All three were fantastic, polite, professional, and timely. Guido was the project lead and kept us informed of the progress on a day to day basis as well as making recommendations on ways to save money. Fred checked in once or twice with his team everyday. While I was not home during the days, I felt confident that my home was in good hands.

The finished result is fantastic and I am extremely pleased. The entire job took about 5 weeks to finish. I have referred Fred to family and have asked him to quote on another project.

Bathroom reno

I have little experience with renovations and that is why I was so happy with Fred Zaza and Guido. No, they didn't start on the estimated date but Fred kept me posted all the time on what was going on and I was flexible so it was not an issue. The job was also completed in the estimated time save for a wait for the shower glass which was out of anybody's control. I am glad I went with this company and I plan to be engaging them again for my kitchen.

Tracey
Tracey

Main Floor

We hired Zaza to renovate the main floor of our home. They installed 17 new windows, insulated our main floor, dry walled, installed new pot lights, painted, installed our new kitchen, appliances and installed new hardwood flooring throughout ... the list is long but they completed the work in less than 6 weeks! We came everyday to a clean house. They were friendly, efficient and thorough. Guido is a gem and treated our house as if it were his own home. The extra details were well thought out and executed to perfection.

Silvana DePrato  from Toronto
Silvana DePrato from Toronto

eavestrough,soffit,fascia,shingling a roof

My husband and I had been looking for a company to replace our eavestrouves and add gutter guards, replace soffit,fascia, and reshingle a small roof. We were disillusioned to learn that not many companies responded to our calls and were not interested in our business. We realize that this is the busy season for this type of work, but it was unacceptable customer service. Fred Zaza replied to my e-mail almost immediately. He was professional and efficient and got the job done sooner than expected. His workers were prompt, worked hard and cleaned up after the work was done. They made our 95 year old house look great and we will definitely use them for any future projects. We highly recommend Zaza Contractors for quality work and a job well done!

Looking for Bathroom Renovation pros in Toronto?