1-800 Drywall

HomeStars  >  Drywall Contractors in Calgary  >  1-800 Drywall

Reviews for 1-800 Drywall

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Basement reno

Delivery and product were good. Communication on delivery time could have been better. Waited in times given by then (7 am to noon. Showed up at 2 pm)and they were way after the time window given.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Drywall for basement

Ordered drywall online on July 16 around noon and received it next morning. Called customer service to ensure drywall could be delivered through the window. The lady was very polite and professional. Received a call 30 minutes before the delivery. The deliver guys showed on time and worked very efficient. In and out within 30 minutes. Thank you for making myself and my contractor life so easy. Would definitely refer you to friends and order from you again.

Thank you for the great review. Best of luck with your project.

John Brost  in Calgary
John Brost in Calgary

Basement

I found the online site a bit difficult, but Patty was fantastic with help, lowest price of 4 quotes.
Delivery was excellent,
I would recommend this company.
John
One little thing, I was supposed to get a 25.00 reduction but didn't.

Thank you for the review John. We hope to hear from you again should the need arise.

Simon in Toronto
Simon in Toronto

Fantastic service

Great experience- had a quote from another supplier and they beat it plus free delivery. Will use them again when I decide to do more renos. Their delivery guys were easy to deal with, and were respectful of property.

Thank you for the great review Simon. Good luck with your project.

jay in Edmonton
jay in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Building my basement

They answered all my questions and provided quick delivery, in and out with no issues, delivery guys were professional. When I called to see if I could add to my order they tried to accommodate me even they delivery was for the same day (missed the truck by 10 min).

Thank you for the great review. We do our best to accommodate last minute requests if at all possible as we understand that sometimes things can be missed. We hope to hear from you again should the need arise.

Thanks f.
Thanks f.
5 reviews , ON

False Advertising

Don't waste your time on their false advertising.

I'm very happy to pay for good service. I was willing to pay $4 more per sheet (compared to home depot for 4 x12 1/2 inch drywall, $4 is about 25% more).

I was also willing to pay $1-2/sheet carry in fee to my walk out basement.

Lo an behold, after registering with their website and reading the fine print, I was quoted $4/sheet carry in charge. When I called to enquire, the response was,

1) the website is out of date.
2) they never charge $1/sheet.
3) operator would check and call me back (never did)

What a complete waste of my time, they would not even honour was is explicitly on their own website.

This is copied from their website on Jun 1, 2018:

How Does Our Drywall Carry In Fee Work?
No Carry In Fee associated for driveway, multi-level, main floor, garage, 2nd level boom service, basement window or ability to boom to walkout access.
$1.00 - $2.00 per sheet added for carry in service where one must carry to a walkout basement access, a stairwell going up or down, or a front entrance that has more than 6 steps step. In certain circumstance this fee may be waived if more then one level is being delivered to.

Steer clear of 1-800-drywall

You are correct that we did not clearly spell out the details of the carry in fee and for that we do apologize. We have made changes to our website to make it clear of the fees. If you have not bought your materials as of yet please get in touch with us and we will honor the website price for the Carry In Fee as it is not our intent ever to mislead anyone and this is not something 1-800 Drywall takes lightly. Again, we do apologize for the misunderstanding and hope you will give us a chance to rectify the situation.

N.Seely in Calgary
N.Seely in Calgary

DRYWALL FOR AN ENTIRE BASEMENT PROJECT

I had to make a few phone calls to this company and they were very helpful and answered all the questions I had. They accommodated us with delivery and product was delivered on time with no issues. Thank you 1-800 Drywall. We will certainly use you again.

Thank you for the great review. We are happy to hear you are pleased with our service and look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise. Good luck with your project.

Rick in Calgary
Rick in Calgary

Basement

Service is great. $70 more than anyone else but brought to where you need it not dropped on the street. Best service and deal ever. I would recommend everyone to call them. They were also the quickest delivery

Thank you for the great review Rick. We appreciate your business and look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise. Good luck with your project.

Shane in Edmonton
Shane in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Drywall products at a great rate with free delivery

Ordered drywall and screws from 1-800-drywall. Of your orders over $700 you also get free delivery. Within 2 days they arrived and had it all set up and in my house in less than an hour. No hassle and process were on point within penny's of home Depot. Only work I had to do was make sure I had space and take out and put in my window panes. Workers were courteous and weight l efficient. Great job guys!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review Shane. Good luck with your project.

joel
joel
1 review Saint Quentin, NB

Drywall purchase and delivery

I purchased drywall online and it was delivered professionally and on schedule. The delivery guys were respectful and professional, sales crew were also professional and followed up to make sure they won my business , it was a stress free experience.

Thank you for the review. Good luck with your project.

More about 1-800 Drywall

At 1-800 Drywall, we have established ourselves as Canada’s trusted drywall and insulation "supplier" since 2009. 1-800 Drywall was designed to meet the needs of the DIY (Do-It-Yourself) and Local Contractor by providing the following: > Specializing in Basement Delivery, we started the service and we have perfected the service. ...
Looking for Drywall Contractors pros in Calgary?