Toronto Appliance Repair

Appliance Repair
134 Laird Drive Toronto ON M4G3V5
HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in East York  >  Toronto Appliance Repair

Reviews for Toronto Appliance Repair

Multiple charges, disorganized and expensive

These people are geniuses......at overcharging you and making up multiple ways of taking your money for invented services. First they forgot to bring the water filter after I called TWICE to remind them and specify the model/serial numbers on two appliances. They arrived and said they didn't know what kind of stove and fridge I had. Then they said we required a part and they would bring back the filter for the fridge. They came back and said the wrong part was ordered and the office called to say they were going to charge me an assessment, delivery and installation charge to put in a water filter. THESE PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dishwasher Repair

They sent a technician who knew nothing about the problem. Basically told us to buy a new machine or spend $1000 for a new part. Said would call for the new part. never did.
In my honest opinion, these guys are only out to make the service call .. no follow up!
Don't call.

Kitchenaid Fridge

I give this company 2 stars for: 1. phone call was answered promptly. 2. I was given an appointment the following day. 3. the repair person arrived on time. Unfortunately I did not feel confident that the repair person knew what they were doing, nor that the replacement parts recommended would actually fix the problem. He at one point asked me 'if you know so much about this, why don't you do the repair yourself'. We paid the assessment fee of $65, and did approve any further work. I do not recommend this company.

Daniel from Toronto
Daniel from Toronto

Washer/Dryer Repair

They charge a Service Call and a Labor Call
without informing the customer !
When I complained about the charge,
Melissa said that there was Nothing she could do.
Adam the technician, conveyed the same message and threatened to remove the part !
The part cost $105.85
I would NEVER recommend this Company for ANY Repairs !!!

JU from Toronto
JU from Toronto

Fridge repiar

Kitchenaid referred Toronto Appliance Repair to service my refrigerator. The repair man did not seem to know what was wrong with my fridge and suggested a part for $600. Once that part was installed the exact same problem was still occurring and had not be addressed at all and the repair man suggested I needed another part for over $500. I did not do that repair as I believe the repair man had no idea what was wrong with my fridge and was guessing and I was not prepared to spend the second amount if he was wrong. I complained to the manager that the repair man clearly had no understanding of the problem with my fridge, but they were not prepared to send someone else or refund me for the part that was installed that I did not need. The worst appliance repair service I have ever had in 25 years of repairing appliances.

Fat Pinch  from East York
Fat Pinch from East York
1 review East York, ON

Whirpool Washer

My washer broke down and was flashing an error code. I called Toronto Appliance Repair and they were able to send someone the next day. It was scheduled at first in the morning, but was moved to 1 pm and later moved again to 5 pm. Since I was planning to stay at home anyway, it wasn't a big deal.

When the technician arrived, I asked how much would it cost to repair the washer. He said that all service is included in the part price. He had brought a few parts and wasn't sure which one would need to be replaced. We proceed to open up the machine and was able to pin point the error to an inlet valve not drawing water in. However, he did not have the correct part type for my machine and can not make the repair. As it was Saturday, he couldn't get a new part either as the part supplier is closed.

This is where things got interesting. When he was busy trying to contact his boss that the part does not fit, I was able to look for information on the part on the internet. It is listed for around 40-50 dollars.

Afterwards, he said he could come back Monday with a new part. It would cost me 150 for the part and 250 for the labor. If I want this machine fixed, I would need to put deposit down on the part for 150 dollars. He also said that 150 dollars is already very cheap because he has connection with the part supplier.

Knowing that he is not being honest with the price of the part, I told him that I want to think about it first and do not want to put deposit on the part. He then said, in that case he would need to be paid for this service call. 70 dollars plus hst. If I later decide to order the parts from them, they would deduct the 70 dollars from the 400 dollars I was supposed to pay.

When he left, I studied the manual carefully, watched youtube video on how to replace the inlet valve, ordered the part online (it was only 50 dollars), replace it myself (it was very easy and only took 5 minutes). Now the machine works fine with no error code.

Not too sure what to make of this. In one hand, I would not be able to fix it without their help. In the other hand, I feel their price is too steep. 250 for a 5 minutes part change plus the part's price is ballooned to 3 times are too expensive. Maybe it's the way the market works out there. If it is, I could only shake my head.

Lo from East York
Lo from East York
1 review East York, ON

Washer Repair

1st: Horrible time management! I have to reschedule many times because of them being late/no show.
2nd: Major rip off. I asked them on the phone so many times how much does it cost for the diagnosis, is there any service call charge etc. Their responds was really obscure. Its unsure how much would it be after the technician's investigation. They first quoted the price for $125 for the latch, $175 for the pump, $250 for labour. Its ridiculous to charge $550 for a washer repair. There is a charge for $135 of just the diagnosis if I decide not to get them fixed. And this is something they have never mentioned before. This company is totally a rip off. Later, I asked the technician to leave. He convinced me let him fix it but he will give us a discount. So now, $120 for the latch, $60 for the pump, $210 for the labour. $390 in total. They just make up the price to whatever. This un-trust worthy company is highly not recommended.

mme from Toronto
mme from Toronto

WASHER

My washer was not working - googled "toronto appliance repair" and Toronto Appliance Repair came up with positive reviews. I called at 8 pm - and they answered the phone!!! Booked an appointment for the next day between 12 and 4 pm. They called 20 mins prior to arriving and were there on time with the part required to fix the machine. John and his assistant knew exactly what they were doing! They were courteous, explained what the problem was and FIXED my machine. 6 month warranty on parts and labour.I would highly recommend this repair company.

RUBI from Scarborough
RUBI from Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

washer

HE WAS VERY GOOD AND VERY NICE PERSON. HE FIXED MY WASHER. I AM SO HAPPY MY WASHER WORKS WELL I SAVED LOT OF MONEY BECAUSE I DONT NEED TO BUY A WASHER

Nazish from Toronto
Nazish from Toronto

Appliance repairs

I live in a condo unit and our management office recommends Toronto Appliance repair for any small appliance repairs for our units. They are a wonderful local company that offer competitive prices and great service.

More about Toronto Appliance Repair

Toronto Appliance Repair is family owned and operated and offers more than 30 years of professional service in the appliance repair and appliance service industries.