HomeStars  >  Roofing in Carleton Place  >  Stewart Roofing Ltd
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Stewart Roofing Ltd

Andrejs in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

We were extremely pleased with the entire experience of dealing with Stewart Roofing (roof installed in May, 2017). We obtained three quotes from well reviewed and established companies as we were looking for a quality job. Not only were we the most satisfied with the proposed materials, the process of obtaining a quote and the personable nature of all of the staff we engaged, Stewart Roofing gave us the most competitive price. The Roofing team and the work done were exceptional. I'd recommend this company to anyone.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Removing & installing my huge residential roof had many extra challenges such as correcting roof angles, installing a flat roof, removing skylights and removing chimneys all of which they met to my full satisfaction. The area around the house was kept neat and clean. The foreman was an expert, well organized and informed me throughout. I was impressed how the crew worked as a close-knit team which resulted in great workmanship. The service was excellent and it was a pleasure dealing with everyone. I highly recommend them to anyone in need of a new roof.

Craig in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Obtained quotes from 5 different Ottawa roofing companies before selecting Stewart. Quote process was quick and well organized, Kieran came prepared having already done a satellite photo based assessment of the house. Available options where quickly explained and backed up with reading material to help with the product selection. Quoted price was very competitive with the others received. The job itself was quickly scheduled (which was greatly appreciated as I had a leak in the roof), and the Stewart job leads were on site to ensure the job went smoothly. The bin, installation crew and materials arrived promptly as scheduled and the job went exactly as described. Cleanup was excellent, and there was no damage to the gardens that surround the house or to the driveway. They noticed a couple of bathroom fan venting issues from a previous renovation that were addressed at no additional charge. Very satisfied overall, and would certainly recommend Stewart to others.

Mugur in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

Excellent company to deal with - super-fast scheduling and work execution.
It was a pleasure to deal with the back-office team, with the estimator and the team that did the actual work.
Highly recommended - as a matter of fact, I did refer them to a few folks at work.

Job Price

Thank you Mugur for the kind words. It was a pleasure to be of service and we are looking forward to hearing back from your colleagues at work. Enjoy the long weekend!

Butlers in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

For the past several months we've had a small water leak coming into out upstairs fireplace. I chose to speak with Stewart Roofing who had put on our roof some 7 years earlier.
I spoke with Bonnie, the office administrator who said she would pass the information to Denis Rivard, her operations manager to see if something could be done. I explained that our roofing warranty was out of date by 2 years but I was quite willing to pay for any repairs to have the problem resolved prior to the upcoming winter.
Later in the week I spoke with Denis who explained he had visited our home but we were away. He took it upon himself to go on the roof and determined repairs to the chimney pipe area were necessary and made those repairs. He photographed the area prior to making the repairs and forwarded us the photos with a detailed description of the probable cause of the leak.
In a follow up call with Denis I inquired as to the repair cost and was told there was no charge. Needless to say we are most thankful to Stewart Roofing in general and Denis Rivard in particular for solving our roofing problem.
I would strongly recommend Stewart Roofing for any and all roofing requirements.
Ernie Butler

Job Price

Thank you Ernie for a great review. Sometimes the original caulking around the chimney pipe can age and crack, we see this regularly every season. It was a pleasure to simply re-caulk the chimney pipe while we were up there inspecting the roof. Great news that this solved your issue! - Denis

1 review Ottawa, ON

I had Stewart Roofing re-roof my typical Barrhaven home in November 2016. Here is my review.

Of the 3 estimates I obtained Stewart Roof was the most expensive but I was looking for a professional, quality job and did not mind paying for it.
They replaced my skylight with a new skylight that was obviously too large for the opening. Strangely they did not mention anything to me, I guess they were hoping I would not notice it? I had to call the salesman who came back and agreed it was the wrong skylight. A new skylight was ordered and installed several weeks later!

They forgot to install the rain channels as documented in their quote and that are apparently required for warranty to be valid. They came back and installed the rain channels but didn't locate them properly so now whenever it rains the water simply goes past the rain channel onto the shingles.

They left lots of old nails and roofing material on the roof which became visible in the spring after the snow and rain had a chance to push the debris down the roof to a viewable area.
My roof leaked just 2 weeks after installation (a Saturday night)! This caused the ceiling and wall drywall in the area to become completely soaked. To their credit they did come back on Sunday morning and coated the area with several tubes of caulking to stop the leak. On Monday, I spoke with the foreman for over an hour who then proceeded to try and blame me for the leak and wanted me to pay $200 to correct the issue (yes this is on top of the $8200 invoice). I obviously refused and decided to take it higher up the chain. I talked with the owner and let him know my concerns about the quality of the installation of my roof. He eventually agreed to come back in the spring to correct the leak properly. During the spring repair job one of the workers carelessly drove over my lawn causing an 8 foot long indentation on the grass which had just been covered with top soil and seeded.
My warranty information was very difficult to obtain. I had to send several emails and make several phone calls before I finally received my warranty information. Over 9 months after installation!

In the end I have essentially lost faith in Stewart Roofing. I declined their offer to repair the drywall and damage to my lawn. Based on what I experienced, the poor workmanship, communication and horrible customer service is definitely not what you would expect from a company like Stewart therefore, I would NOT recommend this company or use them in the future.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Stewart Roofing came highly recommended by two on my neighbors and that's the best endorsement a business can have. Their Sales Rep, Kieran was great. He spent time explaining everything to me about the products they carry, job insurance, materials to be installed and 50 year written guarantee (also transferable) from the manufacturer. Not only did I have my roof re-shingled I also contracted to have my insulation upgraded.

On installation day a dumpster was delivered first thing in the morning and Sylvain and his crew (3 sons + one) arrived shortly thereafter. While the crew set up Sylvain and I did a walk about. It was evident that that were a very efficient team. Everyone knew what they had to do.

Access for the insulation had to be gained through the top half of the roof and through a hatch inside of the house on the other side of the roof. All of which was handled by Scott while Sylvain and his crew continued work.

The whole process, roof and insulation, took one day. Needless to say I was very impressed and would highly recommend Stewart Roofing to anyone.

JB
P.S. I also had the pleasure of meeting and spending some time with Mr. Stewart a very knowledgeable and impressive individual.

Job Price

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. It was our absolute pleasure to be of service.

Larry in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

I highly recommend Stewart Roofing Ltd. Jade, the very personable estimator, did an excellent job of assessing the job, providing recommendations on the relocation of the roof vents, explaining the process the crew would follow, and taking the time to go through the comprehensive information package. Bonnie, the office administrator, fit us in after only 9 days due to a short notice cancellation and Sylvain and his extremely well organised and efficient crew did a fabulous job on our roof. And they accomplished it in one day! I am extremely pleased with the overall experience of doing business with Stewart Roofing and I have no reservations in recommending them.

Job Price

Our thanks again for your business and taking the time to write a Homestars review for us!

Stephen in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We chose Stewart Roofing by looking at roofing company websites and on a recommendation of a family member. The Sales Presentation was thorough and left nothing in question, In fact, after the presentation, we were so impressed that we wondered why we had even bothered to get other quotes. We did not feel the same about the other two companies we contacted.

The job was done even sooner than promised and the final product matched our expectations perfectly. Sylvain arrived promptly with a large crew and completed the job within half a day. Both the roofing work and the clean-up were excellent and the dumpster was taken away within an hour of the job being completed.

I'm sure most of our neighbors wouldn't have even known we had the roof replaced, had they not seen the company's sign on our lawn for the next few weeks.

This is the # 1 roofing company for us. Even the subcontractor who came to remove the dumpster raved about what a great company they were to deal with.

This is probably the happiest I've ever been about a large job done on my property.

Job Price

We are very pleased to have been of service to you. Thank you for your terrific review!

Daryl in Nepean
1 review Ottawa, ON

I honestly don't know how I could be happier about how this whole process went. Of course, choosing to go with Stewart Roofing Ltd. wasn't an easy decision (a lot is on the line with a big job like a new roof) but I'm glad we chose them.

Kieran, the estimator/rep, was great. On time, detailed, made sure we knew everything about what was to be done and included in the quote, everything. Couldn't hope for better.

When it came to scheduling I spoke to Aisha on the phone and she was delightful.

On installation day Sylvain's crew was on the roof at 7 and, other than for a short break for lunch, they didn't stop until everything was done and the cleanup was complete about 7 that evening.

When it was all done we did the walk around to make sure everything was okay, and that, as they say, was that. An excellent experience from first to last, and you seriously need look no further for roofing.

One thing I'll mention is that when the crew showed up in the morning and we were doing the initial walk-around, I had forgotten to move our trampoline away from the house. It's one of those Springfree ones and it's not very heavy so Sylvain and I lifted it up and shifted it away. Now, as we were doing this I quickly took off the little step that attaches at the front, and I don't know if Sylvain even saw me do that, it was so quick. Anyway, at the end of the day during the final walk-around I saw that the trampoline had been put back in it's place and the step was also back on it. It's the little things, and though this was one of those little things it's the kind of thing that lets you know that even at the end of a 12 hour job they still aren't missing anything.

We wanted a top-quality product, so we chose the Owens Corning TruDefinition Duration Designer Colours shingles, in the "Summer Harvest" colour. It seems to me that they don't sell a lot of the fancier colours, but the price difference was almost insignificant...so if you like them, ask for the price difference and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Job Price

We are very happy you chose Stewart Roofing! Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

More about Stewart Roofing Ltd

VOTED OTTAWA'S #1 ROOFING CONTRACTOR on homestars.com for 2016, 2014 and 2013!

Stewart Roofing Ltd. is the only roofing contractor in the Ottawa Region certified to install all products from GAF, OWENS CORNING and CERTAINTEED. We can also provide our customers with a true transferable lifetime warranty.

With a stable, motivated and skilled workforce, we are in a position to provide both commercial and residential clients an unsurpassed quality of products, workmanship and customer service.

We offer a full range of services which include:

Residential and Commercial Roofing
Slopped and Flat roofs
Free Estimation Service
Residential New Construction Roof Installation
Velux Skylights and Suntunnels Sales and Installation
Ventilation Assessment and Installation
Custom Flashing and Metal Fabrication
Ice and Snow Removal

Call us now to see why we are recommended by every client!

613 864 0131