Mersey Heating And Air Conditioning

Mersey Heating And Air Conditioning

Best of 2019 winnerBest of 2019winner

Reviews for Mersey Heating And Air Conditioning

air conditioning

Nothing was wrong with my a/c, but decided to take advantage of gov't rebate to have an inspection done on it to improve efficiency. I have a cover on my a/c. When the technician came to the door, and we walked around to the a/c, the cover was already off and I noticed one of the screws was already taken off. He fiddled with it and then told me I had to replace the capacitator, and that my call now became a service call which meant he was charging me $100 for the visit instead of $50 (not including cost of part).

Asked him why he accessed the a/c prior to getting me and he denied it. Complained to the manager, who was outraged at me for suggesting something like that. Against all better judgment and obvious facts, she refused to believe me and backed up her technician. If your in business to rob people, this makes sense.

Asked that they not send the same technician to replace the part, and they agreed. They phoned me the day of service and said he was the only one available. He came with a brutal attitude, and decided to pass judgment on my future abilities as a father once he saw my wife was pregnant.

I kicked him off of my property at that point.

Stay Away!!!

BTW, same company as Mersey Service Experts.

Patsy
Please send me your details and I will look into this matter for you.
Danny Cassidy
General Manager
Mersey Service Experts
danny.cassidy@serviceexperts.com

Rebecca in Weston
Rebecca in Weston

Ductless air conditioning

We were well treated by the Service Experts when we wanted to put in ductless air conditioning on our second floor so our children would not be stifled by the heat.
The sales man took the time to go through everything and installation was completed in a half day- they even cleaned up after themselves.
We needed more work done 1 year later and even though they weren't the right people to do it- they put us in touch with people who were!
Great going !!!

kenk in Willowdale
kenk in Willowdale
2 reviews North York, ON

Furnace Install

Our old Lennox Pulse 21 died this fall after 16 years and we needed a new furnace quickly. Out of all the contractors we interviewed, Mersey Heating was the only one who did a complete heat loss calculation of our home. The others either went with the existing furnace size or guessed based on the square footage of our home. As it turns out, our old furnace was grossly undersized for our home. Roman and his team were exceptional and I would highly recommend them. They are all NATE certified expert furnace installers so you know they will do a good job especially since they are all salaried Lennox employees.

Frustrated in Danforth Village
Frustrated in Danforth Village

Ventor Motor Replacement in Furnace

Our ventor motor seized up recently during a cold period this winter. We contacted Mersey who said a service tech could only come the next day between 12-4 pm so we went a day without heat. The next day the service tech didn't show up so we called and were told that he was running behind and would be there in half an hour. He finally came an hour later (5 pm). When he got there he spent 10 minutes assessing the problem, informed us that it was the ventor motor (which we had already told Mersey on the phone), then said he didn't have the replacement part in his truck and that it couldn't be ordered until Tuesday morning after the long weekend. We had to pay $110 for this 10 minute visit. The service tech quoted us $580 for the part and installation. So we went all weekend without a furnace (we ended up renting ceramic heaters). On Tuesday morning we received a message from Mersey saying that the replacement part would actually cost us $1225. The service tech had left us a copy of the quote with the part number of the ventor motor so we looked it up on the internet and found the exact part listed for $175. We also contacted some other HVAC companies and received quotes around $600 (part + install). We called Mersey back to inform them of this and were told - by the assistant manager no less - that the part # the service tech listed on our quote no longer exists. They told me that the part we found on the internet wouldn't work in our furnace. So long story short, we were in an emergency situation - cold, winter weather and no working furnace - and Mersey wanted more money from us. In the end we had [another company] come in (I called them Tuesday afternoon and they were graciously able to fit us in on Wednesday during their service tech's lunch break) who replaced the exact ventor motor that Mersey's tech had initially quoted us on for $565.

Mike from Toronto-10231
Mike from Toronto-10231

Furnace Service

After 14 hours of waiting and five phone calls to the answering service, I was unable to receive the courtesy of a return phone call from Mersey staff and could not get my furnace repaired. The off-site answering service apologized frequently, by Mersey employees made no effort to contact me. Very frustrating since my furnace is under warranty.

K. Cormier, Scarborough
K. Cormier, Scarborough
9.5/10

Furnace air filtration and duct cleaning

I had looked a several air filtration options and was very confused about what was in the marketplace. I called Mersey, who has an excellent reputation as a long-standing member of Scarborough's business community because I wanted information from a trusted source.

The sales rep took a lot of time explaining what options were available to us so that we were comfortable with our choice.

The quote was competitive, the installation was done professionally, and the product works! We are now breathing easier and my home is less dusty.

Willowdale Ontario-1111
Willowdale Ontario-1111

Mersey product and service

Service is very poor. All they want are money. I called in on Monday and requested a service recommended from the technician. It was just a minor job that a part needed to be replaced for $88 + taxes. The customer service personnel claimed that the control switch board was out as well and need to be replaced for about $500 + taxes. I told her the control switch board problem was not listed on my invoice as a recommendation. All she cared to tell me was that the company would not guarantee the performance of my heater for the winter and the control switch board was not working. The argument just went on and on.
I made the appointment to replace the small part that was recommended to me. I was told the appointment was Wednesday morning. No one showed up on Wednesday morning. I called back the company, the customer service told me it was scheduled to be on Wednesday afternoon. What a conincidence of the mis-communication!!!??

The Mersey heater keeps having problems. Last year, I had to replace a pump for $480 + tax. Now, they are telling me the control switch board may be out and that will cost $500 + tax.

Toronto-5876
Toronto-5876

Install Duct Work, Furnace, Air Conditioner

Mersey removed radiators and installed duct work, new furnace, air conditioner. The design of duct work was not provided, and later "estimated" as the installer had left the company. House is cold as no heat/loss study was done. Duct work in furnace area leaks. Repeated calls went unanswered and problems still exist.

Warkworth Homeowner
Warkworth Homeowner

Replace furnace

Mersey installed a new Lennox forced air gas furnace after our old one died. The installation was done the next day and installation was tidy and efficient. I would use them again.

More about Mersey Heating And Air Conditioning

It’s the Right Time to call Mersey Heating & Air Conditioning!

We've changed our look, but not our commitment to you. Mersey Heating & Air Conditioning Heating and Air Conditioning is now part of the Right Time Group of Companies and will continue to serve you as we have for years. Rest assured, we will continue our personalized customer service and honour all of our service plans, guarantees and warranties. We look forward to serving you and your home comfort systems.