Complete Lock & Door

Reviews for Complete Lock & Door

Arwen in North York
Arwen in North York

Exceptional Professionalism

Tim put on a new door on the back of my house, I didn't want the top of the line, just a medium heavy duty deadbolt so he put on and amazing deadbolt with a 5 year warranty. it had the special feature that it couldn't picked or "bumped". He did it on time and and was very tidy and nice. You can clearly tell he's been doing this for a long time. He was able to explain in lamest terms what I was getting for the price I was paying. His estimate was free and I called around and his price was the best not to mention that he price matches as well.

Very happy and he'll be my locksmith for life.

Mark in San Francisco
Mark in San Francisco

Didn't get what I paid for

When I called Complete Locks to provide us with a quote for a security upgrade Tim, the owner, came within the hour. However, the installation on Dec 13 was improperly done and he has missed 4 appointments over the last month to complete the installation (the week after, then 3 jan, 9th Jan, 13th jan). The excuses are many and varied: bad weather, another job, a supplier delay, car problems etc. etc. The last broken promise was to call or text on 19 Jan, more than 5 weeks after the original quote had said ““Complete in full on Dec 13.”

Specifically, I was charged $3,600 to install 3 security lights, change the locks, install bars on the basement windows, and install grills on the back door. Only the basement bars were correctly installed. On the day of the installation Tim arrived late, at 12, and then immediately left to meet a supplier. He left a colleague to start the work. However, I was charged nearly $2000 in labor including taxes (16 hours at $80/hr). As he left just after 6, he said he lived close by and promised to return the following week but he hasn’t dropped by once to address any of the problems inside or outside the house. Here are the problems:

— the lights do not work. Even when the company tested them they activated whenever someone walked or drove past the house. They knew this problem at the time, and by leaving in a hurry—the police urgently needed their assistance they told me—avoided addressing it before they were paid in full. They then shut the lights down to recharge. In fact, the lights I was charged $160+tax for are actually very cheap ones, if my google search is correct. Crucially, they don’t have a sensitivity indicator nor a way to direct the sensor and for that reason are not recommended when facing a road because the batteries drain very quickly.

— The back bars do not cover the whole window. The company promised to replace them, but has not.

— The front lock combines a stainless steel door mechanism and a bronze inset in the door. It doesn’t match. I was promised that this would be rectified, but it has not.

I could go on and on about broken promises, but I have already wasted a lot of time phoning, texting, and rejigging my schedule only to find that the company lets me down. The bottom line is that once the firm took my money it has not returned once to address the ongoing problems.

Rachel in Mississauga
Rachel in Mississauga

unprofessional, late and full of excuses

Tim, the owner operator of this company, has been the most unprofessional tradesperson I’ve worked with. When he arrived to change the locks on 3 doors at my business, things seemed fine, and he even complemented me on how easy I was to work with. He cited he was missing some parts, and would have to return to finish the job another day.

In the weeks that followed, Tim failed to show up for 4 scheduled appointments to finish the job. When I commented via text that he had missed 4 appointments, he showed up at my business and berated me in front of my customers.

It ended up taking 4 visits (he was late on all four visits) to change 3 locks and 3 door closures. + the four visits he scheduled and didn’t show up.

After one month, one of the door closures ended up pulling my door frame apart. Since he said his work was guaranteed, I called to schedule a repair. He did not show up for the appointment. Instead he sent a lengthy text full of excuses the next day. Then he showed up unannounced and asked my husband for his phone number because “guys talk straight”. In the end, I never received a proper invoice and my door is still broken. He no-showed a total of 5 times, arrived late the 4 times he did show up, was sexist, and spewed so many excuses. I would rather hire and pay a new locksmith to fix Tims poor job than to deal with Tim again. What a frustrating experience.

As I informed You when I took this job putting on and old farm door and a hand made frame out of dried wood would not meet the fire code, you assured me this was not an issue.
I was contracted by you to do an estimate . Once I gave you the estimate you suggested that on one of the three doors we worked on the closer would be fine.
Seeing that it was not fine you then agreed to put the closer on another day anyway.
You also did not inform me that you made the slat unatched or hardly attached frame out of skit 2 by 2 wood. Which was covered by paint with no bottom rail to join the slats.
I see the picture of the frame that you snapped as my workmanship when I arrived thier the strike plate on the Frame you could practically put a can of pop in there. I secured that plate with 3" screws and filled the holes mentioning to you that I would touch that up by taking the caulking off the stike when done.
I quoted the job in the day light and made arrangements to come in and do the job when you opened your club . That way you don't have to make extra trips, I would work around your schedule.
I was a little surprised to see that the club is near pitch black with non stop music and video's playing on the back wall non stop.
Having to work with three suppliers and Your evening schedule I thought was reasonable from our point of view as we worked around your schedule and only came in when you were allready there.
I was shocked when you asked through You husband who left a message on the answering machine "that you wanted to return some of the hardware and maybe I could use it for some other customer" .
That piece of political manoeuvring set the diolog for the " guys straight talk" conversation . Which in context was me trying to affirm your husband of the fact that I returned his call and informed him of our company policy on hardware installed. It has not changed since 1989 when I started the business .
This is the direct quote. In context since the job I felt you had dumped off to Him for what reason I don't know, although I do know those I never abraded you in front of your customers. I have never talked back nor talked disrespectful to any customer. Ever! Period ! Exclamation mark.
Getting back to the "Guys straight talk"
I said to your husband I wouldn't mind finishing this job under your supervision, it is not that I don't respect your Wife because I have the I most respect for Her, but sometimes Guys are able to talk straight with one another."
My true thought was after having had to reschedule because of supplier scheduling and the fact that you allready changed the job or attempted to twice it might be better, safer, for me to deal with Him.
It is funny how all of these problems arose after I did not want to take back hardware allready installed.
It was also my choice to deal with your husband after you chose to be so blunt with me on the phone when you called me and asked me why I did not call you back when I did call you back and left a detailed message to your husband on our company policy as it far as "taking back hardware allready installed "Now this is the first time I heard you say that I berated You in front of two customers. This is simply not true. Why in the world would I berate a customer?
I did however go in and see your husband before you comments and explained that I would be willing to bring a carpenter in at my expense and finish off the header properly for you, to which He seemed amendable and even smiled.
I explained to Him the terrible flue I have been struggling with which culminated with me losing my balance and for the first time since 1989 having to completely not even answer he phones. That was for one business day! Which happened to be the one that You and a few of my regular customers where not able to be serviced.
My appointment with your company that day was to see what was going on with 2x2 header for the door closer arm.
Now that I have thoroughly explained my perception of what happened I would like to apologize to You and Your husband Mike Racheal. Nobody wants to feel neglected or that that they did not get value for thier money. That is why I offered to have my carpenter finish the header for you so the door and frame will then be installed correctly . Also our 5 Year warranty is in full effect regardless of differences in opinion procedure or any other misunderstanding .
I am human, I do make mistakes, when I do I don't stop until they are corrected.
I will follow up with another visit with your husband to take his instruction on the header repair.
Normally when customers take hardware off the door or anyone else does this null and voids the warranty . Although I have never used the clause. I am not after revenge, I am not angry, just concerned. You deserve the same treatment I would like or expect myself. In this case I am offering and I allready offered to Your husband before I recieved your review, to go above and beyond what " others" would do . We are not others. We are just like You.

Thank- You Racheal
Owner and Head Locksmith Tim Miller
W 416-699-6110
C 416-826-4719

Aaron Archer from Maple
Aaron Archer from Maple

Locked catsitter out of apartment while gone

My wife and I went on vacation and, embarrassingly, forgot to leave a key for the catsitter in the lockbox. When she called to say that she couldn't get in, we called Complete Lock and Door. We found them through Google, and honestly, Tim saved our vacation. He was exceptionally courteous, extremely prompt, and very competent. He asked us to take a photo of our key and send it to him. He then confirmed his right to enter the apartment after asking us questions about the apartment that only we would know. From the photo we sent him, he then made a key with a file and a key blank on a maximum security deadbolt. As it turns out, we have a pretty good steel door and lock. His crafted key worked well, and he even pet our cat when he came to greet him at the door. On top of everything else, he leveled our door a bit (for free!) and made it easier to lock and unlock.

We were extremely happy with Tim. He really went above and beyond to help us, and he literally saved our vacation. No offense to Tim, but I hope to never have to use his services again (the cat sitter has her own key now), but if we do, or if anyone I know needs a locksmith, I will unhesitatingly and happily recommend Complete Lock and Door. Tim was fantastic, and if you need lock help, you will be happy with him.

Hi Aaron thank- you for the nice and kind words. Aaron if you would like to change your key to re-establish key control. I can rekey your lock . Because I have allready been there I will charge you 36 labour plus 20 for the rekey plus 5 per key. The regular price on the keys are 14 each. The first 2 keys are free. You have 2 years to take advantage of that price. Have a great day. Tim :)

Suzanne in Toronto
Suzanne in Toronto

Locks changed and repairs to existing locks

As a long-time property manager, I've dealt with more contractors than I could ever count. Tim Miller may well be the most courteous and pleasant. His more than 30 years experience was a bonus. He and his son Matt replaced two locks, repaired two and included a trip to the hardware store. -- made 3 trips to my house -- to accommodate my preference for pewter and to save me the expense of a new handle on my screen door. It's been a while since I've enjoyed this level of service.

Thank-You for the Kind review. It was a pleasure doing work for You.

Sawssen in Toronto
Sawssen in Toronto

Best Locksmith EVER

My lock broke and we needed a locksmith to unlock us out. We called Tim and so glad we had, he came right away and even had the courtesy to call when he was stuck in traffic and feared he would be few minutes later than what he initially thought. He was very professional and helpful, open the door and spent the extra time to explain what the issue was and how to avoid it from happening in the future. He then took my existing lock apart and fixed it and placed it back.
He recommended a better lock but did not push me to buy it and was rather very honest and told me to wait as after he fixed it we should not have the problem again. He went above and beyond his duty making sure everything was functioning properly, gave us few tricks not to have the problem again and ensured our satisfaction.
Tim even looked at my garage door and fixed my key pad, gave us an honest opinion and suggestions and did not ask for extra money. He charged us reasonably and was very professional and caring.
Our experience with Complete Lock & Door and with the technician Tim Miller was very positive. I never had and could never have a better service call. We highly recommend this company and guarantee you will have a positive experience with them. Thank you Tim, you are amazing

Great Service/Made me feel safe again

I'm not one to write reviews but I had a great experience so thought I would. I got broken in to and was terrified to stay at home so I decided to put some high security locks on. Tim was the first locksmith to answer my calls and was very knowledgeable about his products. He arrived in a timely manner and was very kind and hard working. He gave me a great price! I finally felt safe again. I recommend him to anyone who asks for a locksmith. I couldn't be happier!

locksmith services

So I'm new to the Toronto area and my wife tasked me with getting a locksmith to change the locks on her parents' Beaches area high-rise condo. Not knowing the marketplace, or having any connections in the home services industry, I was concerned about choosing a company/individual who would do a high-quality job without ripping us off. So naturally I went online to read reviews and to see who the players were, and to find the highest-rated ones. Am I glad that I did! Tim came over to the condo the very next day, and quickly replaced the lock, and gave us 6 new keys at no extra charge. He also took the time to explain the quality levels in the different locks that I had to choose from, and actually discouraged me from choosing a more expensive lock than was really needed (since the building itself was so secure). After the lock was changed, my property manager visited us, and informed me that the lock would have to be re-done because all apartments needed to be keyed in such a way that the "master key" that management had could access all of the units. Yes I was upset that I had just spent good money on a job that would have to be redone! I called Tim right away, and told him of the situation, expecting to have to pay for a whole new lock installation. To my shock, he said that he would come right back and do the lock again, and that he would not charge me for the re-installation. Suffice to say that I "lucked out" and called the right man for the job with my first phone call. I am sorry to say that I only need locksmith services about once every 25 years--so I thought I'd share my good fortune with any one else who might be wondering who to call.

mchat from North York
mchat from North York

locks

Tim was very knowledgeable and installed 4 new locks including one on a door that had been very problematic (which had been repaired in the past with no results). Tim was able to fix it while installing secure and top notch lock. He also provided is with many keys and a 5 year warranty. We were really happy with his professional and rapid service.

Nicole Kindos from Toronto
Nicole Kindos from Toronto

All Locks Changed and Rekeyed

EXCEPTIONAL service! Tim was very friendly, professional and completed the job in a timely manner. Have used Tim often throughout the years and have been very pleased every since we first met him. He now fixes the locks at our house and business! This is the ONLY company worth calling! It helps that Tim has a 24 hour service and a five year warranty on parts. Tim came quickly and made sure that we got exactly what we wanted for our school. I will continue to use Complete Lock and Door and have passed his name to all my friends and colleagues!

More about Complete Lock & Door

Mention you have found us on HOMESTARS and receive a 10% discount! RESIDENTIAL, INDUSTRIAL & COMMERCIAL. OPEN ANY LOCK ANY TIME, HIGH SECURITY LOCKS, MASTER KEYS SYSTEMS, POLICE APPROVED. WE CAN DEAL WITH YOUR LOCK PROBLEMS.