Strokes Of Genius Painting

Strokes Of Genius Painting

Best of 2014 winner 4 timesBest of 2014winner 4 times

Reviews for Strokes Of Genius Painting

1 review KANATA, ON

Painting my new office space

Daniel and his team of expert painters did an excellent job on my new office. As a first time business owner I am very proud of my new space and it is a retail location so very important for my clients to be comfortable. Daniel gave me a very accurate quote and the quality of work was very good. I would recommend his services to anyone and know they are in good hands.

Daren

Daren, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are looking forward to doing lots more painting for you as you continue to grow your mortgage brokering empire across Ottawa! And by the way, for anyone reading this, if you or someone you know is in need of a hard-working, friendly and fair broker with access to mortgage products and rates you can't find at the bank, look no further than Daren with Mortgage Brokers Ottawa. His site is: http://www.darensedore.com/

613 697 4711

Nik in Ottawa
Nik in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

painting of my condo

Having never done any sort of home improvement as this was my first condo, I was glad to have STROKES OF GENIUS paint my place.

Affordable, although not cheap. The staff, Dan included, were very kind, prompt and did a good job.

I would recommend SoG to everyone, especially those who are new to the whole process as Dan provides great input.

Thank you for your review Nik - it was a pleasure working with you and we've since become friends as well, which is an added bonus! I especially like the description "affordable, not cheap" as that is exactly what we strive to do: Make our prices as reasonable as possible without trying to compete with the fly-by-nighters who do cash jobs with inexperienced painters, no insurance and no warranties. Give us a call when you decide to move and we'll be happy to help you out again!

613 697 4711

Mathieu in Vanier
Mathieu in Vanier
1 review VANIER, ON

Entire house, repeat customer

Just wanted to give props where due. We are repeat customers of Strokes of Genius Painting and will continue using their services in the future.

Strokes of Genius painted the entire interior of our 4 story town home, including all trim, ceilings and closets. We were so happy with their work and professional and friendly attitudes that we rehired them a couple of months later to paint our garage and also the stairwell at our in-laws.

Daniel and his team have always been friendly, very professional, open and honest with us. When presented with obstacles that came up we were presented with clear explanations and a range of options and what to expect. When they had accidentally painted my garage ceiling the wrong colour Daniel and his crew didn't hesitate at all to offer to re-prime and paint it at no additional cost. No problems or hesitations to come in for retouches either.

Jobs were completed in a reasonable amount of time, very high professional grade quality, and close to Daniels original estimates. Where cost went up due to unforeseen circumstances it was always presented to us before hand, explained clearly and given as an option.

Overall I recommend Daniel and his crew very much. I was always blown away by how friendly and professional himself and all his crew members were. I won't hesitate to use them at all in the future.

kelly in Airdrie
kelly in Airdrie
1 review AIRDRIE, AB

Full ground floor, kitchen cupboards,back splash, landing, stair well

I reaserched Strokes of Geinus on line. A gamble of a way to hire a contractor these days. Danial came to my home, was an excelent advisor of what work could be done with my budget in mind. His Team came in on short notice and did an amazing job on our home. 2 and 3 coats where needed, they even went out for extra paint just to finish it all up. They went above and beyond! Extrordinary work and very professional .

linda in Nepean
linda in Nepean
1 review Nepean, ON

strokes of genius ..BEWARE of this painting company

We arranged a date for Jan 6 2012. i called Dan the nite before to confirm. He did not get back to me that nite. The next day I called and wrote emails for most of the day. HE DID NOT SHOW UP. The only way I was able to reach him was through the company where I purchased the coupon for his painting services. They finally reached him, and late in the day he called. He made up some excuse for not showing. We then arranged for the painter to come the next day. The coupon was for painter for a day...well I guess Dan the owner figures his painter can only accomplish one coat in each of two rooms.. I had moved the furniture, prepped the walls. So everything was good to go. The painter wasted alot of time packing and unpacking his tools, taking smoke breaks, going to his car to get more tools. In the end, he managed to only coat two rooms one time. No trim, or doors were done,as the owner claims below. Knowing he was paid already, the painter had no incentive to work fast and efficiently to get two coats of paint done ... it took him 2.5 hours to do one coat in my kitchen. The owner will not face the
real facts that the time was wasted by the painter...not anything to do with my paint.
He left me with a totally unfinished job...and when I spoke to the owner he said my expectations for the job was too high and I should go and find myself someone else to complete the job. He was yelling at me, and rude. He denies all this below.

This is a totally unprofessional company and I would be scared to have any more dealing with this owner. he has no integrity to make his customers satisfied...even for the most minimal amount of work. Please understand I had paid in advance for this job. He took the money and ran.

Hello Linda, thanks for your feedback.

I trust that anyone reading your review here will do their due diligence, read the many reviews we have posted on this site and elsewhere (all oddly with 10/10 scores), as well as my own account of the events below, and then make their own decisions about the truth or falsehood of your claims.

1) Linda purchased a promotional voucher in December of 2010 for $150, which was for 7 hours of labour by one of our professional painters.
2) She called me on my cell phone over the Christmas holidays to book a date for the work. Because I was visiting family out of town at the time, I asked her to please email me to confirm the booking. She never emailed me, leaving me with no phone number or address to contact her.
3) Despite not having sent me her address, job details or contact information so that I could call to coordinate, she assumed we would show up on January 6.
4) She reached me by telephone at noon on January 6, I explained the miscommunication and told her that I would do two things: Arrange for one of my painters to come in on their day off, the following day (Saturday)
to do the work, and would allow him to work an extra hour for free (8 hours total) for the inconvenience.
5) Linda told me that she anticipated having two coats done on the walls, trim, closets and doors in a kitchen and one bedroom. I told her that it was unlikely my painter could complete all of this with two coats in 8 hours and that any time above this would need to be negotiated between us, to which she agreed.
6) On the Saturday, one of my competent and professional painters arrived at Linda's home. He began to paint the bedroom in question, only to find after the first coat that the paint she had purchased (a low-grade, inexpensive paint from a department store) had not been tinted properly.
7) I called Linda and explained that she could return the paint to a store to be corrected, and meanwhile my painter would shift his attention to the kitchen area.
8) My painter finished the first coat of the kitchen walls, trim and doors while Linda was out correcting the paint. When she returned, it was nearly 3pm and my painter had been working for 6 hours plus a half hour lunch. He then spent the next 2 hours putting a first coat of the now-correct colour onto the bedroom walls.
9) When he had reached the point of 7 hours plus the free hour I had agreed to, my painter called me to report and I asked to speak to Linda. To my surprise, she suggested that because we had not finished what she had expected in one day, that I ought to send a painter back another day to finish the job for no additional cost. This after having taken advantage of an excellent limited-time promotion that had allowed her a full day of labour for only $150, less than half our regular pricing.
10) I attempted to explain to Linda the unfairness of her request, but she was steadfast in her belief that she should get something for nothing. I did not yell at her, nor was I rude, as anyone who knows me can attest that I would never treat another person, client or not, in that manner.
11) However, after Linda blatantly threatened to give a (false) negative report to the BBB and here on Homestars if I did not send a free painter to her home, and refused to pay the $19.50 HST I was legally obligated to collect on site for her $150 voucher purchase (meaning that I will need to cover this amount out of pocket), I suggested that she would need to find another company to complete her project.

Please rest assured that I take great pride in my company and our dedication to quality workmanship and customer service, and that has not and will not change.

Sincerely,

Sly in South Keys
Sly in South Keys
1 review OTTAWA, ON

House painting

When we decided to paint the entire main floor, we had Strokes of Genius to give us one of the quote. From the get go, Dan was very transparent and gave us a quote for the complete work and with the best paint. Not like others who gave us quote with sub service such as touch up on baseboard and lower paint quality. Dan was able to help us immediatly with one of our issue which was finding the right paint colour. He recommended us an interior designer who helped us choosing the right colour.

Frank (François) was the gentlemen who showed up the first day . Frank was very polite and very professional. He did a first assessment and provided some suggestion for the work. Some of his suggestion was things that we didn't think of, ideas and how to care for the paint after. At the end of the day, Frank always cleaned up after him and made sure that everything was put away. Everyday, Frank asked if we were happy we the result so far. At the end of the work, Frank ensure that we had a chance to do a full review and suggested to bring Dan for the final review if we wanted. The floor has been cleaned of the dust and there was not even a trace that he was in our home. I can't press enough how happy we were with the quality of the work, how quick it was done and for Frank. We will for sure work we Stroke of Genius on our next project and will request that Frank do the job.

Christina1527
Christina1527
2 reviews Gloucester, ON

Interior painting of two main floors of townhome for house resale

Daniel did an amazing job and didn't even blink when I asked for an extremely short turnaround on the work. His crew did a beautiful job and my house looked great. It helped my home sell in less than 36 hours. Thanks Daniel!

More about Strokes Of Genius Painting

Everyone in Ottawa is in a rush to complete a house painting project... But nobody wants a rushed paint job.

THAT'S WHERE WE COME IN!

As Ottawa's Premier Short-Notice and Quick-Booking Interior and Exterior House Painters, we at Strokes of Genius Painting pride ourselves on delivering quality, guaranteed work at a reasonable price... AND in a reasonable timeframe!

The conventional wisdom holds that if you want a painting project done, you either have to pay exorbitant rates to a professional painting contractor and wait months and months until they can fit you in,  or you pay a fly-by-night painter to do a rush job if you can't afford the cost or the wait...

But what if you could get professional painting, AND have it done on your schedule?

At Strokes of Genius Painting, we challenge the conventional wisdom to give you the best of both worlds.

Because we only hire the most experienced, courteous and polite painters, when you book with us you can be sure of the quality of our workmanship. In fact, we're so confident in our work that we guarantee it against any failures for 3 Years.

But because of our unique staffing strategy, we can offer a quality paint job at an affordable price AND work with your schedule to complete your painting project efficiently!

---

Are you planning a larger project, with flooring, fine carpentry, kitchen, bathroom or other renovations? Check out our well-reviewed and Award-Winning renovations division Right Angle Renovations too: http://homestars.com/companies/2811854-right-angle-renovations