Avanti Home and Mold Inspections

Graeme Jennings from Old Toronto
Graeme Jennings from Old Toronto
9 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Home Inspection

Russ Fassulo blew us away with his passion for homes, and his attention to detail. Give him your time, and you will walk away far more knowledgable about not only the potential problems with your house but also HOW every part of your household works. I learnt more in the 5 hours I spent with him, than I could ever have in any other venue.
We hired Russ on a recommendation from a co-worker. We just bought a house and naturally wanted our own home inspection done (vs a seller report). I had used another inspector before on another potential house, and that being my first inspection, I was impressed. But Russ brings home inspection to a new level. He incorporates technology that other guys don't have or choose not to use (dampness meters and infrared cameras - albeit at an extra charge).
Now I have a list of maintenance "todo's" a mile long, but at least they are small and I can prevent problems before they become big.
I find it hard to believe that first reviewer used Russ (who is Avanti). There must be a mix up there.
I assure you, it was the best money I have spent (despite the stress of home inspections).

Melissa AtLee from Burlington
Melissa AtLee from Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Home Inspection

Upon a friend's recommendation we hired Russ Fasullo to conduct a home inspection on a house we wanted to purchase. We were incredibly impressed with Russ' breadth of knowledge and attention to detail. He also took the time to explain to us all the ins and outs of the house. During the inspection, an issue came up that required further expertise so Russ called one of his contacts who was able to come right away to inspect the problem. Russ spent 6 very valuable hours with us and delivered a thorough report. We would happily recommend Russ to all our friends and family.

Sara in Oakville
Sara in Oakville

home inspection

The day that we have home inspection was after a heavy rain. The water came into the house basement and the owner point it out for us. The owner said it had never happen before but if the home inspector said that it should be fix, the owner will do it. Our home inspector went and see and he gave comment that it was abnormal and should not happen on regular basis. We bought the house. After than the basement leak almost every time it rain.
Also during the time of inspection, we asked him to check the appliance and e said he is a home inspector. For appliance we have to ask appliance inspector. I have never of such thing.
The inspector missed also the mold in the house. He missed the roof that totally wear off on one side. A few months later I saw that the roof on one side is totally in the bad shape and it should be caught by the inspector. I can the inspector but the inspector said anything could happen during those months since we have a bad weather. He said if we bring it to the court, I will lost because he will pull out the weather forecast of the last couple months to show that the bad weather destroy the roof. At the end of the argument he offered to gave me back the money for his service and call it a day. So I accept that since I am tired of fighting with him. I call the roof guy to come and fix my roof and it happen that this roof guy did the front part of this roof one year ago. So he told me that the bad part of the roof has been there since last year but the previous owner did not have enough money to fix the whole roof.
I feel that the home inspector don't want to give us critical comment because he afraid that we will pull off the deal and our real estate agent won't be happy. and he may not get other business.
Don't use this guy.