Simply Windows & Doors

Reviews for Simply Windows & Doors

Deepakkhullar33
Deepakkhullar33

Windows and doors

Great quality and design they were able to deliver everything I wanted I would definitely recommend them. Install was very professional

Mark L.
Mark L.

Sliding door replacement

We had several companies quote on the job. From the moment we met Bar, there was a sense of trust. He really listened to what we wanted. I liked the way that he explained the different options to us as well as the guarantee.

When his team arrived to install the new door, they were friendly and respectful and did not create a mess in our home. They did a great job and Bar supervised them for most of the time.

Based on our experience with Simply Windows and Doors, we would use them again and would highly recommend them.

Thank you for the kind words, Mark. We're so glad you trusted us with your home and that you were satisfied with our product and services. Looking forward to staying in touch for all of your future window and door needs!

barbara in Vaughan
barbara in Vaughan

Patio Door Replacement

We wanted to replace our oversized patio door with new doors with internal mini blinds. We learned that doors with blinds come in fixed widths and the largest was over 1' narrower than our current doors. Bar was the only person we met to propose an elegant solution to allow us to keep the wide window despite this issue. Bar proposed installing a frosted side-light window to fill the remaining space. He was able to schedule the installation much quicker than any one else with whom we had met. His installers arrived when promised on the morning after a snow storm and worked effortlessly outdoors all day to complete the installation.

The only hiccup that occurred with the project was that one of the two bolts to attach the door handle broke during installation. It became next to impossible to reach Bar to get him to merely drop off the replacement part so that I could fix it myself (at least a week).

Aside from his lack of promptness in his responses overall a fair experience and quality product/installation.

5 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Ground Floor and Master Bedroom Windows Replacement

Last year, Bar and his team replaced our front door, back door, and a couple of windows. We were extremely happy with them, so we had them back to replace the remaining ground floor windows, replace our master bedroom window, and cap our garage door frame. As with last year, the work was done incredibly well - In fact, they stayed late to finish the job in a single day! Amazing! My only issue with this year's installation was the 3-month wait between first putting a deposit in and the team coming to do the work. The reason I'm giving full stars, though, is because Bar made it clear they were busy, plus again, the work was phenomenal. Highly recommended.

Unionville, ON
Unionville, ON

Front Door

While Bar had some good ideas regarding the design of our new front door, the installation did not go as planned.

His installer showed up with the wrong colour of aluminium facing, leaving me with no choice but to have the wrong colour installed.

Also, the door handle that I originally selected was not available upon installation. Bar claimed that his supplier had a huge backlog and could not deliver in time for the installation. The one that I was sold instead is an inferior product, and it's latch stopped working properly within months.

When I called Bar, he promised to address the issue immediately, but, following that call, I was never able to get hold of Bar again, in spite of leaving multiple voice mails and texts. His customer service skills are extremely poor.

Nidhi from Richmond Hill
Nidhi from Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

New Front Door

We were looking to have our front door replaced. We went with Simply Windows and were not disappointed. The sales manager, Bar, and the guys that installed the door were very professional, on time, and did a great job. The door looks great.

5 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Front Door, Back Door, Windows

We met Bar at the Home Show and was very impressed with what Simply had to offer and Bar's professionalism. He called us soon after the show and booked an appointment to give us a quote. We had met with other companies, but simply put, Bar and his company felt like the right choice for what we needed to be done. The installation of our new front door, back door, and windows took 2 days. Alex and his partner were fantastic. Now that everything is done, we're very happy with the products and the workmanship. Oh, and Bar even showed up at our house both days to check on things. From beginning to end, working with Simply was a pleasure.

Christine from North York
Christine from North York
3 reviews North York, ON

Front Entrance Door

Often a good indicator of a company's commitment to quality and their customer is their behavior when things do not go as planned. When our door installation had problems with workmanship and we had questions about the product we were greeted with complete indifference and all Bar was concerned with was getting paid. Everything started out fine, until the installation day, the workers were 2 hours late, we called them after the first hour. One installer had been injured on the previous job and I offered to postpone, he insisted he was ok but took up my offer of some 1st aid. Incorrect cuts made to the outside trim (which were questioned) were installed anyway and filled up with caulking later. There were small nicks left in the door and major scratches on our new wood floors because the work area was not covered to protect it. Our custom baseboards were cut without our our prior knowledge. The inside trim differed so much from what we had that the new profile interfered with the opening of three drawers in the kitchen. I was told I should have told Bar of the clearance needed, even though I had been assured that the trim would be the same as what we already had. We were not happy with the uneven and sloppy outer caulking and inside silicone. We had questions about the door like were the bubbles under the security film normal? The security film was to be applied to the glass before manufacture (the reason for purchase at the time of ordering) but clearly it had been added post manufacture as there is a visible gap near the frame of each pane.
The installers finished up about 7pm, so I placed a call to Bar the next morning with our concerns and questions, he was quick to get off the call (busy with someone) and said he would call me back to set up an appointment to look at the job. By 3pm that day I had not heard back so having been burned a few years ago on a custom kitchen I placed a stop payment on the cheque, just to ensure that the appropriate fixes were done. A week went by with no contact. Then we got a call from Bar, not about our concerns or to make an appointment to see the work but about the stopped payment. I mentioned that I had not received a call and I cannot open three drawers in my kitchen...Bar said it had only been a week and then proceeded to lay a guilt trip on me for not trusting him. That's about the time I got angry, I did not consider the job finished under the current circumstances and I expected a call back before a week went by. What left a really bad taste in our mouths was that Bar's only concern was getting his money, he had no interest whatsoever the quality of the job or that his customer was happy. He never came to see the work for himself. In the end, after me demanding, the inside trim was replaced (requiring another cut of our custom baseboards) and some of the silicone inside was redone. There was still a large gap left between the trim and the wall, enough for me to insert my fingers and the door is not airtight which causes frost to build up on the inside at the base. For spending top dollar in the door replacement world we did not receive top service nor top workmanship.
Feb 18, 2014 Update: I have to give Bar credit after this review appeared he did contact us and immediately came by to look at the work. He fixed the air leakage problem, the door is Very airtight now and there is no more frost buildup. He also had the security film replaced on the windows and it now looks very good. He offered to have the trim issue looked at however we declined as we will arrange something with our contractor. We were pleasantly surprised that we got a call and every effort was made to remedy the issues!

Review has 1 previous version

More about Simply Windows & Doors

Simply Windows & Doors is a specialized home improvement company serving homes in and around the GTA. Our mission is to exceed our clients' expectations by providing top quality products and services. With over 20 years of experience in the window and door industry, we're here to share our expertise to make your home safer, more appealing, and energy efficient.

We carry:

* Windows
We carry a wide selection of vinyl, aluminum, and wood windows to suit your needs. We work closely with a variety of specialized manufacturers to ensure you get the best products available on the market. Whether you want traditional hung windows or a more contemporary design, we have options.

* Doors
We offer entirely customizable steel, fiberglass, vinyl, and wood doors to suit your individual wants and needs. We offer energy efficient products; increased safety with multi-point locking systems and upgraded key locks; low maintenance solutions from durable finishes to stand the daily abuse from the elements; and aesthetically pleasing products.

* Garage Doors
We provide a wide selection of garage doors to please every style and budget. All of our steel, composite and fibreglass options require no maintenance and offer energy efficient solutions. We also carry the latest garage door openers, equipped with smartphone compatibility.

We value:

* Installation
We pride ourselves on the high level of workmanship that goes into every one of our installations. From using the right, professional products to taking every extra precaution to ensure the right fit, our team of installers always performs with perfection.

* Respect
Whether we're replacing a single door or an entire house's worth of windows, our team upholds a high standard of respect for our clients' homes. We always make sure to clean up and leave our clients' homes looking as fabulous as their new windows and doors.

* Satisfaction
We guarantee all of our clients full satisfaction from our products and services. From the initial consultation to the product installation, one of our representatives is present and engaged during every step of the way. We maintain an acute attention to detail that inspires us to do the best work possible for every client.