Hy Grade Steel Roofing Systems Ltd.

Reviews for Hy Grade Steel Roofing Systems Ltd.

tgivins
tgivins
1 review Ottawa, ON

Metal Roof

The work went very well, the crew was very polite and very professional. Amazed at how clean the crew left our property after work everyday, there wasn't a scrap of anything to be found.
After completion the roof looks amazing only got to really see it one day. After the roof was completed we have gotten a lot of snow so roof is completely snow covered, can't wait to see it in the spring.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy to hear that we've met your expectations in terms of the installation and are certain you will enjoy the look of your new roof come spring as well. Thank you for your business and welcome to the Hy-Grade Family! -The Hy-Grade Team

George in Toronto
George in Toronto

Complete roof on a Semi-Detached Residential Building

The sales consultant was the best I've ever had: knowledgeable, caring, and committed to getting the solution right for me. Competitors were slippery,.. and annoyingly big mouthed and manipulative.

Technically, I really like the sturdy steel product and its superior finish, the framing under structure, and the workmanship was professional. I am therefore comfortable with recommending Hy-Grade to friends and neighbours.

Fortunately I am a very patient person (it serves me so well) and didn't mind waiting some months in the queue for installation. This patience has been rewarded with the best quality roof I've ever had in my life, and I will never deal with drive by ashphalt shinglers on this home, or any other home I acquire.

Additionally, my classic home looks beautiful with it's new roof. Strolling pedestrians are constantly raising their eyes up and gazing add it as they walk by. Thanks Hy-Grade. - George P.

Hi George,

Thank you so much for your detailed and very kind review of our services. We are delighted to hear that we met your expectations and look forward to celebrating many installation anniversaries with you! Thanks for joining the Hy-Grade Family :)

Home Roof

I had seen great reviews for this company and decided to use them after some research. When the salesman came he said they were booking the end of the year. I said I wanted my roof done by the end of September as it was in bad shape. The salesman promised me that the roof would be done by the end of September of early October at the latest, even if he had to do it himself (July 27th). So fast forward to the middle of October and I haven't heard anything from Hygrade, I called my salesman and eventually heard back from him, that they were 6 weeks behind schedule. (from the end of July to October is only 9 weeks). and that it would be the new year most likely when my roof would be installed. After several e-mails to whoever I could find. I was told they would try and fit me in, in December. So December 19th I get a call saying that I need to clear out my driveway because they want to drop off material. I say wait a minute it is almost Christmas, I don't want this material sitting around until the new year. Will the roof be done before Christmas, The salesman/installer said that he will be able to get it done before Christmas eve or at the very least on Boxing day. So I say okay. They show up and start working with no safety equipment at all, the salesman leaves his wife for hours at a time working alone with so safety equipment and they finish on New Years Eve. The roof seems good so far and the quality of there work was fine, (I had to go around the yard and hand them some sheet metal garbage that they left on my lawn) But i just hated the lack of truth and the lack of safety. it seems they told me what I wanted to hear to get my money without ever planning on sticking to it

Hi there,

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us in this review. Since this review was posted anonymously, we have not been able to locate your file for details on the situation. We would love the opportunity to address your concerns directly pertaining to your individual case and would appreciate you contacting our Head Office at 1(855)494-7233 with further details.

We do our best to communicate that the timeframes given at contract signing are estimates at best and that due to the nature of our work, installations times may vary. There are many factors that affect our installation schedule, including but not limited to; installation crew availability, weather, unforeseen installation extensions, etc. therefore we are not able to provide firm installation dates but rather estimated timeframes with updates.

We take safety extremely seriously and it is company policy to be using all necessary safety equipment and taking required precautions at all times while on site. We regularly do unannounced check-ins and inspections of our crews to ensure policy is being abided to. It is concerning to hear that a crew was not following policy and we do ask that you contact us with further details so that we are able to address these concerns accordingly with our crew.

We hope to hear from you soon but otherwise are confident that you will enjoy the benefits of your new Hy-Grade Roof for many, many years to come. We do thank you for your business as well as your feedback.

spearsy42
spearsy42
1 review Guelph, ON

Happy

During the job it was bad weather . Took a little longer than thought . All and all looks great !!

Thank you very much for leaving a review for us! We greatly appreciate your business and welcome you to the Hy-Grade Family! - The Hy-Grade Team

Michael Hefferman in Quinte West
Michael Hefferman in Quinte West
2 reviews Quinte West, ON

Steel Roof Installation On Home & Shed

Hy Grade Steel Roofing Systems Ltd.
519-836-8170
2 Airpark Place
Guelph
N1L 1B2

The same 10' X 4' patch of home roof asphalt shingles had blown off twice in a 5 year period. Time for a steel roof! The HY-GRADE salesman was relaxed, extremely knowledgeable and experienced with steel roofing products and didn't engage in any high pressure sales tactics. He was informative about rolling over our insurance claim into our contract and very supportive with arranging financing to pay for our new steel roofing. HY-GRADE steel roofing systems are extremely popular, but installation dates may be pushed back several times due to weather and the trade persons' and installation teams' work load. Be sure to arrange to have your salesperson inform the HY-GRADE head office that your roof is damaged if that's the primary rational for your steel roof. We did so after several installation date proposals and deadlines had lapsed and a drip started in our front hallway during heavy downpours. They were unaware that we had roof damage and immediately prioritized our steel roof installation. Perhaps in the future HY-GRADE may arrange for quick-fix temporary roof repairs and roll it into your contract so you don't have to worry about leaks while you're waiting. HY-GRADE's steel roofing system is definitely worth the wait. The materials are delivered promptly on the date stated by professional, courteous personnel who put it exactly where you tell them to. The roof installation team are very friendly, polite, experienced and skilled professionals who complete the work at an astonishing rate and couldn't have been any more unobtrusive. They improved our outdated roof venting system and even cleaned out our bathroom fan vent pipe before capping it off with a matching more effective cover. They cleaned up and removed their waste and scrap material and the left over material was promptly removed after a final inspection. There is no increased noise from rain, sleet or hail. In fact, the new steel roof has improved our home's sound proofing from weather, traffic and, yes, even aircraft flying overhead. So much so that it can barely be heard anymore. Additionally, the steel roof's insulating properties have cut in half the number of times the furnace fires up. The improved weight distribution properties of the HY-GRADE steel roofing system has stopped the cracks, groans and settling or popping noises associated with the build-up of heavy wet snow and ice on our roof. The snow and ice does not build up on the roof, but slides off quietly with a low 'swooshing' sound in small amounts controlled by the steel safety slide-bars that have been installed without damaging the eaves troughs or down spouts. Several neighbors have commented that our roof looks great and that you wouldn't know it was steel like you'd see on a farmer's rusty barn roof but looked more like the roofing on the expensive town houses they saw while vacationing in Europe. The roof is straight without any sagging making the house look newer. The neighbors also expressed regret about repairing their wind damaged roofs with the same old-school asphalt shingles once they found out how reasonably priced a HY-GRADE steel roofing system actually was. Next, new modern bay window and steel glass paned doors. A happy wife makes a happy life. But I still get the last word on home renovations...'yes dear'.

Wow, what an amazing review! Thank you very much for taking the time to share, in detail, your experience with us Michael. We greatly appreciate your business and recommendation of us. We are lucky to have you as a new member of the Hy-Grade Family and we very much look forward to celebrating many installation anniversaries with you. Please enjoy your permanent peace of mind. -The Hy-Grade Team

scwilson
scwilson
1 review Guelph, ON

Steel roof

I was extremely pleased with the company. We did a lot of investigation including looking at other roofs by hi-grade, talking to the people at the company, and inspecting the factory to observe how the roof was engineered.
Everyone from the saleswoman , the office and the team that installed the roof was polite, courteous and more than willing to answer our questions.
We are very pleased with the workmanship and we have had many compliments on our beautiful roof.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are very happy to welcome you into the Hy-Grade Family and we hope you enjoy your permanent peace-of-mind. -The Hy-Grade Team

kayakmercer
kayakmercer
1 review Orillia, ON

Steel Roof

Installer seemed very experience and worked efficiently until completed in some less than ideal weather.

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are happy to hear of your satisfaction. Thank you for your business! -The Hy-Grade Team!

reinharts
reinharts
1 review Kitchener, ON

Steel roof on garage and house addition

Had our house roof done by HyGrade about 8 years ago, and everything went well. We decided to get the garage roof and addition roof done this time, a terrible and frustrating experience this time. Extreme lack of communication. Sales consultant is very nice and communicated well prior to getting deposit. Was in a hurry to get a credit card number for the deposit. After receiving the deposit communication stopped. Job was booked in March, was scheduled to be completed the first week in August and was not started until the second week of October. During that time frame there was no communication to let us know the status of beginning the project unless we initialized the communication. Often did not get replies to our emails. Tried communicating with the v.p. of operations, and he just transferred the emails and phone calls to someone else. Very, very disappointed with the lack of communication on their behalf and their lack of response to us. Always in a rush to receive further payments. Once job was partially completed (still not fully complete), and before q.c. came to inspect the work, they wanted payment.

Hello Mr. Reinhart,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear of your disappointment and appreciate your feedback. We do our best to communicate that the timeframes given at contract signing are estimates at best and that due to the nature of our work, installations times may vary. There were unfortunately a number of circumstances that lead to installation delays in your area. There are many factors that affect our installation schedule, including but not limited to; installation crew availability, weather, unforeseen installation extensions, etc. therefore we are not able to provide firm installation dates but rather estimated timeframes with updates. Although your inquiries were addressed, personal circumstances may have prevented a timely response from your local Roofing Consultant. For this we do apologize and assure you it is not our intention. When your concerns were escalated to our head office, you did receive a return call explaining the delays and updating you with a new timeframe. We also assured you that installations are prioritized by date received and that your installation remained in priority in our queue.

We are happy to report that the installations of your additional Hy-Grade Steel Roofing Systems are complete and warrantied for the next 50 years! We thank you again for your feedback and will certainly take it under consideration when reviewing and improving our communication efforts. Thank you for your business.

smithpassfield
smithpassfield
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Roof

Excellent result! Our new hygrade roof is beautiful. We are extremely pleased with the work done.

Thank you very much for leaving us a review! We are happy to hear that we met your expectations. Please enjoy your permanent peace-of-mind for many, many years to come! - The Hy-Grade Team

Bearcat
Bearcat
1 review Ohsweken, ON

New Steel Roof

Hy-grade showed up when they said they would. And completed the roof on time also. This was after a major wind storm caused a lot of damage in Southern Ontario. The installers were well informed and answered all my questions. I'm very happy with my new roof and have already sent them a new customer.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review and for referring us to your family and friends! We are delighted to have you in our Hy-Grade Family! - The Hy-Grade Team

More about Hy Grade Steel Roofing Systems Ltd.

Hy-Grade Steel Roofing is Ontario's #1 and original permanent steel roofing solution. We have been manufacturing and installing our system since 1988. Its unique design is made for Ontario's temperature extremes allowing for expansion and contraction without pulling on the fastener or wearing the metal around it. Contact us for your free, no obligation quote today. We install year round and cover most of Ontario.

Hy-Grade now supports 30 employees and over 90 people in the sub-trades!