Hy Grade Steel Roofing Systems Ltd.

2 Airpark Place Guelph ON N1L 1B2
Hy Grade Steel Roofing Systems Ltd.

Reviews for Hy Grade Steel Roofing Systems Ltd.

K Richards
K Richards
0 reviews Breslau, ON

Great Experience

We are thrilled with our roof. From sale to install everyone was friendly and knowledgeable. We highly recommend Hy-Grade

Our Sales Rep was very friendly, and took every precaution with us to ensure our safety during COVID.

Sako
Sako

Buyer Beware!

Just had Hy Grade Roofing install a metal roof at my house. Worst decision I could have made. They promised to install the roof in 4-6 weeks, of course they were late. When they finally showed up without the proper equipment and damaged my property. They are really proud of the “Quality Audit” that they do, but of course they won’t give you a copy of the audit…lol BTW -the “Quality Audit” they did at my house consisted of 2 guys coming over to pickup the leftover junk they left at my house for a month. They never even went up on the roof! Save your money use someone else!

Mr. P,

In outdoor construction there are many hold ups as we cannot predict the weather and the time frames we give our customers are an estimate. We do apologize for being a couple weeks late to do your roof.

Upon shoveling the snow from the roof, our installer proceeded to use the shovel you provided to clear the snow from your stamped concrete patio. A member of your household came out and notified our installer not to use the provided shovel as it had scratched the patio prior. He then stopped and proceeded to use a leaf blower, so we did not leave a pile of snow on your patio.

After the installation was complete, you did notify our Project Coordinator about the damage to your stamped concrete patio. Our Project Coordinator communicated that we would take pictures at the time of the QC inspection and review the quote to repair it the damage when you provided it.
We do a Quality Control inspection on all of our completed installations. This report is an internal report and is for the sole purpose of ensuring that our work can be warrantied for 50 years. If we find anything at that time that requires adjustment or fixing, the installer is notified and returns. As our Service Manager explained, he was more than willing to discuss this with you.

We have a note in our file, stating that you were thrilled with our QC personal, so much that you had called to tell us about it. During that same call you notified us of a scratch on your patio, as you had also notified the QC inspectors.

We had asked you to get quotes to repair the damage to your patio, which you did. The quote we received was somewhat confusing, it stated the total amount to fix the scratch but also requested a deposit amount that was 4 times the cost to fix the scratch. When we asked you about this, you then told us you were going to write bad reviews. We encourage you to get another quote to repair your patio and send that to us, or to inquire with the original business that provided the quote regarding the payment terms. From there we will pay the contractor directly so they can commence work on the repair.

Kindest Regards,
The Hy-Grade Team

Good roof, lousy after sales service

We've had our Hy-Grade roof for about 3 years now. The sales and installation process was smooth, and overall we're happy. But when you try to call their service dept you only get voice mail and they just will not call back. If they do call you, expect them to make a promise and forget.

We had one warranty issue early on (installer error) that took much longer than it should have to resolve (and the resolution was simple) - but even when you are trying to buy more from them (once a client, new work goes through their service desk) they just can't seem to pick up the phone.

Lin
Lin

Love the metal solution

I spoke with Mark in 2017 about requirements and costs and color choices. He was super easy to work with and patient with me as I took my time to evaluate traditional roofing solutions and other metal roofing companies. My family looked at many houses across Toronto that had HyGrade roofs as well as competitor roofs (Each company gives out addresses of past jobs, with owner permission).

After months I committed to HyGrade. There was some time delay in the work start due to staffing and weather - but it did not affect my needs. The work was done in Jun 2017. The roof is great - serves its purpose as a long lasting roof.

There were just a few things to note...

1. Unfortunately, my neighbor told me one of the contractors backed into her car causing thousands of dollars in damages. He left his name (Peter) and number on her car, but never picked up the phone when she called him. I tried calling HyGrade on her behalf to find out if there was any other contact info. In the end, there was no way for us to get him to respond - so she had to cover the damages herself.

2. I had asked that one small portion of the house have the existing roofing stripped and that the material be left in the driveway for us to dispose of (instead of paying extra to have the company dispose of it). I had to pay extra to have this work done. However, I was not at home to see the work done and there was never any material left in my driveway. When I tried calling the contractor to confirm the work was done as required, he wouldn't pick up the phone (see #1 above). So either the work was NOT done or they did do the work plus went the extra step of disposing the asphalt sheets for me.

3. A corner piece blew off in a big rain/wind storm within a year. I called the company and they immediately came over and replaced it. What was strange was that there was only one nail in the piece - I would have expected more. I had also asked if this was normal but also received no response from the company. 10 stars for coming over as quickly as they did - they definitely stand by their warranty. Questionable stars for initial work done that even allowed for a piece to blow off - luckily it didn't hit anyone or anything. It landed in our driveway.

4. Lastly, as the old roof was left on for the majority of the roof, there are pieces of it visible sticking out from under the metal roof. It's possible that the old roof had excessive overhang - but it would have been nice if the metal had fully covered the red or they had somehow trimmed those bits back. In the end, I rarely look at the roof and so it's not that noticeable and I don't think affects the roof function.

Overall, I highly value the metal roof - the strength and longevity. The neighbors have given me complements and I'm glad I didn't put more asphalt on. Over the last 2.5 years I've noticed the snowguards stop the snow from sliding off initially, and then it comes off in big chunks. The color is just as good and even as it was when it was installed. Overall I'm very satisfied with the product.

Hi Lin,

We strive to be open and upfront with our customers, and greatly appreciate this feedback. Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns.

In regard to your neighbor’s vehicle, after checking through our notes, it doesn’t appear that Hy-Grade was notified of this situation. We do apologize you had issues reaching the installer directly, however we strongly encourage customers to call head office in these situations, including neighbors if issues arise during the installation.

After checking all the original paperwork, it was listed on your contract for us to strip the section you had listed, so we can assure you it would have been done at the time of install. Since it was listed clearly that you intended to dispose of the materials, the installer likely disposed of those materials as an additional courtesy to you while cleaning the job site.

In rare circumstances we do experience human error in our installation. When the piece of ridge cap came off of your roof, we investigated the cause and fixed the issue while we were there. During the installation a fastener was missed on one side of our ridge cap at the gable. As you are aware, we do a full quality control inspection, however sometimes we can miss a single fastener in these reviews. A roof the size of yours will on average have about 5600 fasteners! We’re glad that you were pleased with our response time, as we always try to ensure our customers receive attention as quickly as possible, especially in a situation like this. We are proud of our 50-year warranty and appreciate your feedback here.

Based on our Quality Control inspection photos, we’re not able to see the area you’ve mentioned where the asphalt is visible from beneath. If you have concerns about this area, please call our Service Department.

We hope we have addressed all of your concerns, and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. We’re thrilled that overall, you’ve been very happy with your Hy-Grade experience and the last roof your home will ever need.

bandkbt
bandkbt
0 reviews Kingston, ON

Steel roof

The installers were quick and professional. Our new roof looks great. We are very pleased.

Thank you very much for reviewing us! We know you'll enjoy your permanent peace-of-mind for many years to come. Welcome to the Hy-Grade Family! -The Hy-Grade Team

Frances
Frances

steel roof

They were efficient, fast, reliable, hardworking and friendly. The roof looks great and I'm satisfied.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're delighted that you chose us to permanently protect your home. If you need anything, you know where to find us! Welcome to the Hy-Grade Family :) -The Hy-Grade Team

al
al
1 review Selkirk, ON

Steel Roofing

Prompt response and quote. Fast courteous service. Competitive pricing. Great warranty. Very satisfied would recommend.

Welcome to the Hy-Grade Family and thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to hear you're satisfied. Thank you for recommending us and be sure to check out details of our Referral Rewards program to find out how you can earn! www.1855HYGRADE.com/referralrewards - The Hy-Grade Team

helenvt
helenvt
0 reviews Orillia, ON

Metal roof installation

Very professional and friendly workers. Our roof looks fantastic! No complaints. Took about 2 weeks to complete with cold weather and snow storms.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate it. Please enjoy your peace-of-mind. -The Hy-Grade Team

ackersde
ackersde
0 reviews London, ON

roof

Great company to deal with all around. Excellent product. Great installers and nice guys too!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear of your satisfaction. Welcome to the Hy-Grade Family! -The Hy-Grade Team

icookscook
icookscook
0 reviews Apsley, ON

Steel Roof

Steel roof installed at our cottage. There were initially some issues with the first crew scheduled to install but Matt at Hy-grade was able to obtain another crew to complete the install. Roof looks amazing! Getting lots of compliments. This is the second roof we have had Hy-grade install for us. We had our home done 4 years ago.

Thank you for leaving us a review. It's unfortunate when we come across circumstances beyond our control, but we certainly do everything within our power to make it right as soon as possible. We're happy to hear you're satisfied with your second Hy-Grade Roof. We're so delighted to have you as a part of the Hy-Grade Family :) -The Hy-Grade Team

More about Hy Grade Steel Roofing Systems Ltd.

Hy-Grade Steel Roofing is Ontario's #1 and original permanent steel roofing solution. We have been manufacturing and installing our system since 1988. Its unique design is made for Ontario's temperature extremes allowing for expansion and contraction without pulling on the fastener or wearing the metal around it. Contact us for ...
Looking for Roofing pros in Aurora?