Doctor Duct Cleaning-No Longer in Business

Chestnut Street Toronto ON M5G1R3
HomeStars  >  Duct Cleaning in Toronto  >  Doctor Duct Cleaning-No Longer in Business

Reviews for Doctor Duct Cleaning-No Longer in Business

Alberto from Aurora
Alberto from Aurora
2 reviews Aurora, ON

Duct cleaning

Alert: these fishy people (not allowed to use the spam word here) also operate under company name Dust Fighters. We were surprised when they wrote an invoice under the name Doctor Duct. They were supposed to arrive between 1 and 3 pm but after not showing up we had to call them 8 times they finally answered the phone saying they couldn't come as scheduled because they were in Markham. We insisted and they finally showed up at 8:30pm. After 20 minutes they called me down to the basement saying there were problems. They told me the furnace was going to be broken because there was so much dirt and that they had to scrub the ducts with brushes. Bottom line they wanted close to $600. My wife smelled them from miles away and told them that they couldn't expect to come home to do a $130 job and ask us to pay $600. When she said no they called me back to the basement and told us that the job we paid them $135 was a total waste of our money.
As most people here, we should have read your reviews first. We're just glad we lost $135 and not $600 or more.
We just want to let everybody else to watch out as they have changed their name to Dust Fighters. However they have kept the same phone number.

Seruwan from Mississauga
Seruwan from Mississauga

Duct cleaning

I am suppose to pay $119 but end up paying $285 for a job that I could have done it with my vacuumed cleaner.
I don't want to blame anyone other than my self for I did not read the reviews before hiring them.

But I learned a lot for that $ 286.00

Lesson # 1- Always...Always read the reviews BEFORE getting the job done. ( I read the reviews afterward)

Lesson # 2 If 80% or 90% of the reviews are negative...do not hire them.

Lesson # 3 Do some research about the right way of doing duct cleaning.

Lesson # 4 Get them to explain &write the procedure and pricing and get them to sign the papers. Else you will paying for connecting the hose, using the brush etc.

Lesson # 5 Ask them the time they will take to do the job. If it is going to be 50 minutes job then you can only expect a 50 minutes job.

Finally, if they walk around your house with their dirty work shoes, you know that they don't give a dam about you, your house or your duct.
They are only interested to make money without working.

I lost $285 but they lost at least five referrals and more.

Jim from Newmarket
Jim from Newmarket

Duct Cleaning

Not a reliable people to keep their promises. I was supposed to pay $109 to get my duct clean but the guy scared me by their tactics to fix this and that. I ended up paying about $700. You get stocked, once you start with them. Not happy with what they did to me.

Anthony in Toronto
Anthony in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Duct Cleaning

About a year ago I hired Doctor Duct Cleaning to clean my duct according to their “premium package” for $109.95 which was bumped up to $189.95 because older houses require brushing.
The premium package flyer clearly stated.
1. 30 day money back guarantee
2. Free air balancing
3. Free camera inspection
4. Includes all hookups, heating & return vents, dryer exhaust vent cleaning, central vacuum cleaning, free inspection of heating and cooling equipment and j-channel cleaning.
Manny showed up with a partner but he did not bring any camera with him.
After a visual check of the furnace, I was told that it needed to be serviced by a license technician at a cost of about $700.00 if one should come to my home. And since he is licensed and already there he could do it for $400.00 in addition to the duct cleaning. He went on to say if I don’t service the furnace he cannot complete the job and I would just waste the money cleaning the ducts and the sanitation would damage the furnace.
After haggling and being pressured for about 15 – 20 minutes I just gave up and said ok.
He sprayed liquid around the furnace motor and vacuum the area and then turn up then back down the heater to the same position (flame).
The whole cleaning process took less than 45 minutes and after paying him $600.00 with interac (he only accepted cash or interact) He started to push me into buying some electrostatic furnace filter for $120.00 reg.$240.00. I decline it. I asked him for a receipt and he says his receipts are usually mailed or emailed because it has to be done at the office. I gave him my email address and I'm still waiting.
I called Manny the following day and explained to him that the vents still and debris and were never cleaned (most of them were never even opened) and that the dryer vent was never touched and he said the dryer vent might have been over looked but he is the technician, he did a good job and is not responsible for what is partner did upstairs. I tried to get my money back within 30 days but he refused.
He offered a redo, but never showed up after three appointments, then I was told Manny no longer works with the company, then was told by Manny after that to take him to court. I contacted the BBB but still no money back and no redo.
THIS IS NOT A CLEANING BUSINESS – TOTAL ....

Meagan, Upper Beaches
Meagan, Upper Beaches
4 reviews Scarborough, ON

Duct Cleaning

Unbelievable that this company gets away with staying in business! Just like everyone else, I bought a voucher, scheduled an appt only to be stood up twice. No call to say they weren't coming, they just didn't bother to show up. I called to ask for a refund and there wasn't even an apology. I was told I needed to get my refund from Dealfind. Totally disgusted at lack of professionalism and mad at myself for being duped!

kenneth persaud in Mississauga
kenneth persaud in Mississauga

duct cleaning

I have booked an appointment for cleaning my duct/dryer vent/furnace cleaning.They said about 6-8pm on saturday.We waited but they never came.I called and talk to Manny who told me it was too late and to call him on Monday.They would not answer their phone. None of my calls was returned.This is one of the companies that is been allowed to operate to cause customer grief.I wish the ontario government would certainly go after these companies and shut them down.Stay away from this company.

jeff in East York
jeff in East York
1 review East York, ON

Duct Cleaning

Worst company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. After purchasing this voucher, I tried to book the first appointment. I called to book, and was told to call back during the day. I called during the day to try to book, they said there's nobody in the office, and to call back later...back and forth a few times, finally booked the appointment. We agreed on a date, and they said they'd be there on a saturday between 2 and 4. We made arrangements to be at home and waited, and waited, and waited, finally at 6 I called to ask when they were going to decide to show up. I was then told that we were the last call scheduled at 8:30pm. Wonderful waste of a saturday. We couldn't wait until 8:30 as we had already rescheduled our plans. We re-booked another appointment for today. Again they told us they'd be here between 5-7pm. I booked some of the afternoon off from work to ensure i was here. They showed up at 8:30. After trying to upsell me on a number of services (i had read these reviews and was prepared for this) i declined all additional services. as compensation for their initial screw-up, they said they would include cleaning of dryer vent, kitchen exhaust and bathroom exhaust fans. Guess what, nobody told the guys who came to do this that this was included they did the bathroom vent, but they said there would be an additional charge for the dryer vent. Then they asked for the taxes on the dealfind voucher. I asked them to invoice me for them, to which he said we can't, cash only. When I asked to speak with their boss "Manny" was very rude, swore at me, and threatened to to call the police and "seize my furnace". Again I told him to invoice me for the taxes. Profanity ensued. I finally paid the $10 in cash against my better judgement. A warning to any and all consumers. DO NOT CALL THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING. My next calls are going to the Better Business Bureau, Dealfind, and any other reporting agency I can find.

Martha in North york
Martha in North york
1 review North York, ON

Duct Cleaning

These guys are the worst! I wish I would have read all these horrible reviews before I went with these guys.

The long story: Similar to the last post, I bought a deal on Dealfind for $79 for 15 ducts. I was stood up 3 times for appointments, which made me pretty angry by the third time. They had asked me over the phone if I wanted to upgrade to some rotary brush cleaning, because of the age of my home, which I specifically said no to. When they finally showed up, they kept trying to talk me into some coil cleaning that they say I desparately needed, for $80. I kept saying no, but after half an hour of pushing, I finally agreed to $60 no tax, because I had a newborn and my husband has bad allergies. In the end, he tried to charge me over $200 on top of the $79 I had already paid. He claimed I had 19 vents, 4 of which I still can't find to this day, and he said he did the rotary brush cleaning that I had specifically said no to. We argued for 1.5 hours, as he wouldn't leave my home, and I refused to pay for something I didn't ask for. He finally took $120, which I calculated was the coil cleaning, extra vents, and taxes. 3 days later, when it got cold again, my furnace wasn't working. Turns out he took parts from my furnace with him! Direct Energy charged me $250 to fix the problem, in which they also had to clean my furnace, which Doctor Duct was supposed to have done.

The short story: These guys are scam artists! They constantly try to get more money out of you. I don't think they do half the things they charge you for. They are unreliable. I only wish there was some way I can make them pay for what they did to me, and other people. Isn't there some government agency that can shut down their business or something?

cecilia wang in Thornhill
cecilia wang in Thornhill
1 review THORNHILL, ON

doctor duct

bought a dealfind duct cleaning deal for 79. they came and upsold me for furnace, a/c servicing (150 each) , rotary brush duct cleaning (80) and new filter. total bill was about 700 which i paid by credit card which i insisted on and they charged me extra for administration to do so.

There was no brush used to clean the ducts? They told me that it was inside the big vacuum they used to connect to the furnace opening. I had no idea what that meant but believed them. i looked on the internet afterwards and realized that the brush is supposed be an actual rotary brush that comes down the vents (guess i should have figured that one out). Only after did i read these posts and regret what i had just paid for.

I dont know what to do at this point but will call the credit card company and see what they can do as i didnt get the service i paid for and was charged incorrectly on the invoice. The 79 i paid to dealfind was deducted after charging for tax on all the "services" i paid for. i realize that's the least of my worries but i feel pretty bad that i didnt add up all the clues... Not sure what happened to other people on this post but would love to hear if any body got their money back. I'll complain to BBB as well... PLEASE DONT MAKE MY MISTAKE! GOOGLE THE COMPANY WHO PROVIDES YOU SERVICE BEFORE YOU COMMIT!!