PLANiT Builders

Basement Renovation
#1200, 12175 - 40th Street SE Calgary AB T2Z4E6
HomeStars  >  Basement Renovation in Calgary  >  PLANiT Builders
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for PLANiT Builders

John A in Calgary

We have hired Planit Builders to develop our basement, one of the owners came to our house and had a very nice speech and approach we decided then to close the deal.
At the planning stage they were good, they would get back to emails right away and willing to help with any questions or concerns we had.
Construction started late July and initial estimate was to be completed beginning of September. For the first two weeks everything went as planned, traders showing up everyday according to the calendar they put on their website, I could get hold of the construction Manager, then around the third week things started to go bad, tapers did not show up for 2 days and I've been told that they were on vacation, eventually they show up and did the job with some delay, same happened with painters, and some other traders.
At this point it was getting harder and harder to talk to the manager, and we would get one trader doing something on a day for a few hours, then another trader would show up a few days later for a minimal work, and it stayed like this for a month with them giving all sort of excuses.
I have reached to the owners, asking for updates and saying that we were very worried with our project and that frustration level was super high and have not heard from him or anyone.
I decided to go to their office and talk to someone and found the Manager in there, he told to my face that they were fine and the financial problem was with a flooring company they use but they were figuring out.
A couple days later after not hearing anything from anyone at Planit again, we found out calling the flooring company that Planit is struggling financially and not paying the traders.

A basement that was supposed to be done in a month is not yet complete after 2 months of construction and they don't get back saying that they will give my money back or finish the work.

Do not hire them for anything, they are probably going out of business soon anyways, but if they are still advertising and trying to get business please stay out of it.

DKaasten in Calgary

We hired PLANiT Builders to develop our basement starting in Apr 2017. Sales, design and start of construction all went reasonable well. At the beginning of July, the cabinets for the wet bar were supposed to be installed, and was told there was delays. Still no cabinets in August, no work done to the basement and no communication. I had to call several time to try to get some answers. Delays they said, but shouldn't be too long. Find out in September, about a month and a half after the original completion date, that cabinets and counter had not been ordered, (outright didn't tell the truth to me the whole summer) and they didn't plan to order them. They said I could order them on my own. Problem is that I had already paid PLANiT for the cabinets and counter AND ordering custom cabinets is about a 6 to 8 week order. A rep said that I could be reimbursed. Weeks later I'm still waiting for this 'reimbursement' or even a confirmation, and all phone calls to the company go to voicemail, emails unanswered. Not sure what I do with my half completed basement. My recommendation, don't go anywhere near this company for any reason.

jakebauder

I recently had my basement developed by Planit Builders - and wanted to share my positive experience with the company and the build. The construction manager assigned to my job (Steve Belanger) was a pleasure to work with, and went over an above my expectations throughout the entire process. Not only was he constantly checking in to verify that the trade work was getting done to his standards, but he was also quick to resolve any and every issue that arouse. In the end, the basement was completed a week ahead of schedule, and I couldn't be happier with my new development. Planit Builders made the entire process extremely easy and hassle free - and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking at getting their basement or garage developed.

Brenda R. in Calgary

We hired PlanitBuilders in January to do a complete basement remodel which was to take 10-12 weeks and they completed the renovation on time. Initially, we met with the architect to do a complete re-design, then with the interior designer for product selections, and we picked out lighting. We had everything demolished to the studs and had some plumbing moved. Then, we had all the framing done, etc. Our Site Supervisor (Brian) worked really hard to keep everything on track as the trades came in to do their work. He was quick to respond to our questions and explained the process at each stage really well. From start to finish, PlanitBuilders were true to their word. We love our new basement and it looks awesome. We highly recommend them!!!

2 reviews Edmonton, AB

No communication, lazy workers...had to come back many times. Trades not paid therefore liens were put onto our property. can never get ahold of anyone other than email. No one signs in to you place. They do not always secure your home as they promised to do so (key left out in the open). Dont waste your time with this company. Project was over a month past due (I guess not bad) but 3 months after finishing the basement we are still dealing with them due to the liens. Find some, anyone else!

Review has 1 previous version
Asha Bhagria in Calgary

Planit Builders did a fantastic job on our basement renovation. They worked efficiently and made sure all of our wishes were fulfilled. Dale from Planit Builders particularly was a fantastic help and made sure we were happy with the work done. I would recommend this company for any renovation.

Laura Harrison  in Calgary

We were very pleased with Planit Builders. Our project manager (Dale) was excellent. He was personable, paid attention to detail, quick to respond to our questions and when there was one "hiccup" he did not hesitate to get it fixed right away. The trades that were brought in, were professional and the workmanship was excellent. The whole team at planit builders worked together as a collective to deliver a stress free renovation project for our family. Thanks to you all!

Caroline  in Prince George

We signed with Planit back in April with all intentions to have our basement completed before our children finished school and they nailed it. At first it was hard to believe everything process wise was going to be as smooth as promised but it really did. Only had 1 issue along the way with a painter but that was resolved and they didn't miss a beat. We let them work over the weekends and it did help in the end. During the construction of our basement my husband was around initially during the rough-in stages but had to head up north was totally surprised when he returned to see how perfect it looked . I want to thank Steve and his team for our beautiful basement and hanging our tv :).

Sarah Rad in Calgary

We are very happy with our basement development. From the initial meeting through to completion we felt well informed every step of the way. Working with Brian Coates was great. He is very knowledgable and helped to make the entire process run smoothly. We would definitely recommend PlanIt Builders.

Job Price

Thank you for your review Sarah, we will pass your kind words onto Brian.

More about PLANiT Builders

PLANiT Builders specialises in calgary basement development, calgary garage development, edmonton garage development, and edmonton basement development. Our processes ensure that your garage or basement are designed to your expectations and our process ensures your garage or basement are built on time and on budget.