Gas Fireplace Doctor

Reviews for Gas Fireplace Doctor

Cathy in Oakville
Cathy in Oakville

Exceptional service!

Bob has been servicing our gas fireplace for 18 years. He has always provided expert and professional service. I especially appreciate that he will help to solve an issue over the phone before he books a service call. He keeps his appointments as scheduled and leaves our home clean. When we moved recently Bob gave us advice on our new fireplace installation during our reno. We are very happy with our new fireplace. We
now have Bob service our pool heater as well. We always have Bob clean and safety check our gas fireplace and we can count on Bob to provide excellent service and advice.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

couldn't repair my fireplace

Recommended by friends, Bob came because the flames were too low. For so-called cleaning, adjusting etc., he charged me over $400.00 to tell me that the fireplace had a problem which he couldn't fix. At that point it would not even stay lit. He referred me to another company who charged me over $200 to tell me that the fireplace was unrepairable but that he might be able to get me a good price on a new one. I don't give up and I couldn't accept what they were telling me so I got another company who came and fixed it for around $200.

John Clark from Oakville
John Clark from Oakville

seasonal service for gasfireplace

He quoted me $89 + hst to come and service my built-in gas fire. As far as we knew there was nothing wrong with it. We always turn if off in the spring to save wasting gas during the summer months. Happily he was able to get to us that day.
He was quite personable. Got down to business right away. Looked at the coals and said something like 'they've been moved, you should not move them'. One had a bit of black on. He told me it would have to be 'clean and maintenance' which would be $129.00. I read that as 'the cost is now in the next bracket'.
He was done in 40 minutes and showed us the results. The fire did look good. Having advised me never to move the coals he'd not only moved them around into new positions but had also not put them all back.
Then he gave me the credit card machine. I couldn't help gasp when i saw the price. His answer to my query was it's $89 for the service and $129 for the maintenance and cleaning the glass (plus hst).
He did nothing more than previous gas fire servicers had done for less than half the price!

Len in Brampton
Len in Brampton

Fireplace repair

Our gas fireplace wouldn't light. Bob showed up and did a check of the fireplace, and advised that just the switch needed to be replaced. He did a check of the vent and checked for gas leakage while he was here. Very personable and explained what he was doing as he went. Would call the Gas Fireplace Doctor again without hesitation.

Looking for Fireplaces pros in Mississauga?