Bow River Chem-Dry

Reviews for Bow River Chem-Dry

Penny W in Calgary
Penny W in Calgary

Knowledgeable, Profession and Friendly Carpet Cleaning

Thanks to my cat thinking the carpet in our newly developed basement was now his litter box, I needed professional help to get out the urine stains and smell. The person who booked my appointment was very helpful at explaining how their company treats/removes these stains, and I was able to book a time that was convenient to me. Prior to arrival, Jordan called to say that he was on his way, and then he arrived right on time. After an inspection of my carpet problems, Jordan was able to make suggestions on what products would work best and the end result is great. Smell is gone, carpet looks brand new, and I am very pleased. Due to the complexity of my stains, the carpets required a heavier cleaning and as a result, are quite damp. They took a few hours longer to dry, but that is a small inconvenience that I was happy to endure if it resulted in clean carpets.

Patty in Calgary
Patty in Calgary

Carpets are wet hours after the treatment was done

I booked this company based on other reviews and the website that the carpets are dry in 1-2 hours etc. I even spoke with the girl on the phone after getting an estimate and said that Bow River Chem-Dry is more expensive, by quite a lot, than others I contacted. So I went with them expecting a lot more for my money and am disappointed. I have fans downstairs trying to dry my carpets out and this is at least 6 hours after they left. The hoses that were dragged in were rubbing up against my baseboards damaging the corners. I called to ask about why the carpets weren't dry after the technician also told me 2 hours and I was brushed off by the first girl, and the second time I called to complain that I spent more money expecting more than wet soggy carpets, the response wasn't much better. I could have saved at least $160 using someone else and certainly a lot more by doing it myself. I won't call this company again.

Chad M in Calgary
Chad M in Calgary

Good Cleaning, Mediocre Customer Service

I booked with Bow River/Calgary Chem Dry based on some reviews online. I was rather disappointed with how they handled my file. I had booked them 2 months in advance for a move out carpet clean and I needed them at a specific time and on a specific date. They called me the day before to confirm and told me a wrong time. When I called the company back the response I got was "well someone made a mistake and booked you in the wrong time slot but they are no longer with the company." I was thinking...."who cares, it's your fault, fix it, I booked this 2 months in advance" Well they basically told me I was stuck with the wrong time (even though I booked 2 months in advance) because they were full. I told the person on the phone "I want someone at my house at the time we agreed on and I don't care how it happens, this was your mistake, it's not like I asked to reschedule, fix it."

The company eventually fixed it by having another customer switch times and the person they sent did an amazing job on the carpets.

Had the company not come forward and acknowledged the mistake this would have been a 1 star review. However, there is no way they should have tried to brush me off like that, especially when THEY made the error. There is no way a company should ever treat a customer in that fashion.

In the end they admitted that the mistake was their fault, they sent someone at the right time, and they did a good job. Still, being more upfront and trying to fix it at the beginning instead of giving me an attempt at a run around would have gone much further in my mind.

Linda H from Calgary
Linda H from Calgary

Carpet cleaning

I knew I would pay more for Chem-Dry but had had them clean my carpets years ago so thought the price would be worth it. This company, though, does not work according to the original Chem-Dry process and it was a TERRIBLE job. There was even loose dirt in various spots and spots that weren't even touched by the cleaner - who spent almost all of his time on the phone. The price, too, was about $100 more than was quoted! When I called to complain, they would only send the cleaner back. This man made me very nervous and I was in the house alone so I sent him away. VERY POOR business.

Hi Linda,

I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed with the cleaning and the service. Regarding your issue with the quote are legally restricted to quote over the phone or via email, as such my employees are forbidden to even use the word quote on the phone, that is why we always give estimates and have the technicians follow up onsite with a no obligation quote. We always want to make sure our customers are satisfied. I am unable to find you in our database. Please feel free to call me to discuss this so we can get your issues resolved.

403.831.6052

Pam  from Calgary
Pam from Calgary

Carpet Cleaning

I called BowRiver ChemDry on the insistence of my mother in-law who is very fussy when it comes to cleaning. She said I must get Grant Pawluck. I called and spoke with a very informative receptionist who got me booked in with Grant within a week. Grant showed up right on time, was very professional and did the best job!! Our carpets are like new and feel so good to walk on (not to mention being able to put the house back together within 2 hours as carpets were dry)!! I got some extra business cards from Grant and will definitely be recommending BowRiver (Grant) to all my friends!!

Thanks Grant is fantastic and he always wows the customers I will pass along the kind words.

Shelley Smith from Calgary
Shelley Smith from Calgary

Carpet cleaning of stairs and bedroom

I have used Chem-Dry before. But never have I been as pleased as I am today. Cesar came on time and did the best job I have ever had. Stairs are beautiful. Not dirty edges.
Thank you Cesar!!

Wow Shelley,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We are even happier that we did a good job. I will be sure to pass the comments along to Cesar.

Thanks Again!

Owner
Calgary and Bow River Chemdry

Leanne from Calgary
Leanne from Calgary

Carpet & Upholstery cleaning

I called Chem-Dry on short notice to clean a cream woolen sofa. The dispatcher was really pleasant, professional and accommodating. Over the next couple of days, they then left me messages to offer an earlier appt, which I failed to pick up. The tech, James Beach, then reached out to call me directly to make sure we were agreed on a schedule. When James got to our home, he gave me great practical advice on cleaning various items, and I felt confident enough to ask him to also clean a silk and wool area rug. He did an excellent job, exceeding my expectations. Then, the company followed up with a call and a card to check on service. Fantastic customer service and quality of service. I would highly recommend this company.

That's Great thanks so much Leanne!

Tina & Al Roach from Calgary
Tina & Al Roach from Calgary

Carpet Cleaning & 2 Wing Back Chairs

We have been using CHEM-DRY since 2011. Best change we ever made. This time RUPERT XAVIER did the work. He arrived promptly on time, professional, pleasant - did a great job. Carpets & chairs are happy and so are we. See you again in a few months. Tina & Al

Thanks Guys! I'll be sure to pass the compliment along to Rupert he'll be very grateful.

Carmen Nicholls from Calgary
Carmen Nicholls from Calgary

Carpet Cleaning

First time we have used Bow River Chem Dry. Service rep, James Beach, arrived on time and did an excellent job. Carpets look brand new again and we would definitely use their services in the near future.

James has been with us for 9 years! he really knows his business. I will pass along the compliment.

watt,pat from Calgary
watt,pat from Calgary

carpet cleaning

Grant and his assistant did a wonderful job. Exceeded expectations. Have used Chem Dry 3 times before and I consider them excellent. They did a thorough and professional job. I will be using them again.

Thanks for being a repeat customer! Glad to know we are getting it right!

More about Bow River Chem-Dry

Bow River Chem- Dry are Calgary Carpet and rug cleaning specialists. With our low moisture pet friendly cleaning your carpet can be dry in under an hour. Non toxic and completely natural call us today and mention HomeStars for your 15% discount!