Advanced Roofing Ontario Ltd

1788 Drew Rd Mississauga ON L5S 1L7
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Toronto  >  Advanced Roofing Ontario Ltd

Reviews for Advanced Roofing Ontario Ltd

roof

This company installed my roof years ago. Called them because the roof was leaking. The receptionist took the info and said someone will come in a day or two. Repair men never showed. Waited 2 month until someone finally called back.

Poor service.

Erin in Toronto
Erin in Toronto

New Roof

We had our roof installed last summer, it seemed good and we were very happy with the work and service. That is until we noticed a shingle lifting. We called Victor who filed the issue with customer service and said they would be in touch. We heard nothing. We have been calling for weeks, including calls and texts to Victor no response. I don't know if they are in business as all calls to any number on their card or website go straight to a message that indicates "the person at extension x is not available". I have no idea what's happened but I would like an explanation and to know whether the warranty on their work and my roof is going to be honoured. I had been very happy with their work and recommended them to friends. I'm beyond frustrated and aggravated by this turn of events.

franb in Toronto
franb in Toronto

Complete Roof Reshingle. Poor Installation.

Had my roof reshingled in May 2008. Found shingles flying off over the years, on 3 occasions....called Advanced Roofing....they replaced, but clearly did not do an inspection of the rest of the roof on any of those times. In March 2018, while roof was still under the 10 year "Workmanship Warranty" a large number of shingles, along with a vent, flew off. I called Advanced left a message, plus sent e-mails. No response. I had to spend $700/ to have the missing shingles replaced.

Jean in Scarborough
Jean in Scarborough

New Roofing System

Last week Advanced Roofing arrived early Monday morning to do a complete roofing replacement which had been explained to me by Victor and budgeted. It was a melting hot day! The crew were very personable and worked very hard, even through the downpours (which likely felt very cooling). They put in a long day and were able to complete the roof in one day. The job site was left very clean and the roof looks fantastic. This is the second time we have had this company and again they were terrific. I would certainly hire them again. Thanks to all.

Mitch and Jan in Burlington
Mitch and Jan in Burlington

Do not use this company

Within a year of the complete tear off and redo, the roof issues started with a huge stain on the ceiling in the master bathroom, cause by the wrong gasket around the bathroom vent. Since then we have had 4 separate incidents where shingles have slid down the front roof. After multiple calls they have come out and tried to fix it, but clearly it is only a bandaid fix and there was a fundamental issue with the installation. Either the sheeting needed to be replaced or the installers did not know what they are doing. Repeated attempts to have this resolved have gone unanswered, we are now proceeding with small claims court. Find someone else to do your roof.

Customer11
Customer11

Stay away from this company

Had my roof done in less than 10 years, still under warranty. Everything was good until problems with the roof. Don't want to fix, the mgr kevin will never call you back. Stay away from this company!!!

Sacia in Toronto
Sacia in Toronto

Roof repair

NO, I would not recommend this company at all. Waste of time and money, lots of unnecessary stress poor professional advice and most importantly poor quality of work

Last year, I had few shingles missing from my roof so I called this company to have someone come and fix the problem.
My roof was 14 years old so I asked the person who came to give me an estimate to advise me on whether or not I should repair the missing shingles or consider replacing the roof instead. The contractor assured me that my roof was still in good shape and could last for few more years. I am a senior person and I fully trusted his judgement.
I called the company back late June 2017 to book an appointment for the repair. The same person came in July 2017 and did the so-called repair. I provided the replacement shingles and I paid $370 for the service.

Few months later, around November 2017, I noticed a bulge on my roof exactly at the same spot where the repair was done. I called Victor to please come back and check. He came back and quickly inspected the roof again. He then told me that there were few more shingles missing not the ones he had replaced earlier but different ones.
I was disappointed and upset. I told him he should have given a better advice the first time he came over. He claimed he did and that I preferred the repair instead. This upset me even more and made me loose my trust in this company.

Victor did not even offer to fix the new problem, he said he put some glue and assured me again that I would not have any leakage issue until summer. He would send me a new estimate for a roof replacement. Unfortunately, to this day, he never got back to me which is what I expected no surprise to me.

As you can imagine, it did not take too long for my roof to develop a leak. Now, I am left with a more serious problem to solve and I am again looking for a trustworthy contractor to do some urgent water-proofing before I can replace the roof nest summer.

terry
terry
1 review Parry Sound, ON

Complete shingle removal & reroofing

Advanced Roofing Ontario Ltd did the work this past fall and we were 100% happy with them. On time, as per budget and everything looks great!
They kept the job site clean and were very careful to protect our expensive flower gardens and shrubs. Would absolutely recommend.

Thank you Terry for the great review. We take great pride in knowing your a happy customer.

dagcraftcontracting
dagcraftcontracting

Roof Shingles replaced

As a homeowner and contractor for almost 40years, I would say that I have lots of experience with value and quality of materials and workmanship. What I can tell you is that the advance roofing representative explained in detail what they were going to do, what materials were best for my roof, he gave me a quote, that I felt was very reasonable and we agreed to have the job done, at all times we felt very comfortable with the representative because of his no pressure and his extensive knowledge. A couple of days later I was contacted by a very friendly secretary to book the work. Unfortunately I was at the cottage the day the work was done, when I returned I was pleased at the finish product and everything was clean and tidy. I really learned how good they were, was when neighbours started telling me how fast and friendly the contractors were. One neighbour who had done his roof just one month before said its to bad I didn't do my roof first, he would have used Advance. Advance did a fallow up to make sure that we were happy, or if we had any concerns. Of course we are extremely happy. The only thing I guess I will never know is during there final cleaning around the house did they use a magnet to clean the lawn or did they use a vacuum. It was nail less. I've had 3 roofs done and that has never happened.
I highly recommend Advance roofing and would use them without hesitation.

Hello It was a pleasure working with you and hearing your experience with our team. We are so very pleased that you were happy with our service. We will be sure to pass on your review to our staff. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance again in the future. All the best, Advanced Roofing

garbrook in Clarkson, Ontario Canada M9W6L4
garbrook in Clarkson, Ontario Canada M9W6L4

roofing

I had them replace my roof in 2004, did a good job so I called them in Mar. (2017) for a new roof. When they gave me quote I said I was in no hurry, wanted to wait for nice weather. A week later on a windy day and a 7 day forecast of below zero temps and snow they came. They dropped the dumpster on driveway without boards underneath as specified then left saying it was too windy. Two days later and with 3" of snow overnight they showed up. Managed to do the job in just 1 day, but there was a mess of scrap and nails buried in the snow, had to call for a few cleanups as snow melted. Then took 2 days before dumpster was picked up. Finally, they left 4 bare nails on a vent which took several calls and finally fixed in mid-June. Now I'm just left with the three 4ft. gouges on the driveway from the dumpster.

Hello Garbrook in Clarkson. We would kindly ask that you call our office to discuss your concerns and issue with driveway. Or email Kevin Smith at kevin@advancedroofingontario.com so we can address your concerns.

Looking for Roofing pros in Toronto?